2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

7 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I think they moved away from it b/c at a glance they were too similar to Detroit and Dallas

Even though Seattle wore blue and silver first, your point could also be applied to the Bledsoe era Patriots. Although I personally think the Patriots looked better than the pre 2002 Seattle. I think red was a better third color than green. The red accents added a nice visual pop against blue on the Patriots. The green  accents of the old school Seahawks uniforms blended in too much with the blue IMO. I was never a fan of royal blue and kelly green as a color combo. The proper word escapes me at the moment, but royal and kelly shades are too similar to each other.

New England Patriots to reveal new uniforms on Monday

• Like 3

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

I knew they wouldn't wear blue against the Raiders on MNF. Would've been a great looking matchup.

Lions in blue vs both Raiders and Vikings would have been gorgeous. I think wearing them against Denver or Carolina would have been better options

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

6 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

Lions in blue vs both Raiders and Vikings would have been gorgeous. I think wearing them against Denver or Carolina would have been better options

Agreed. Denver's navy and orange would've provided some contrast. They have worn blue against the Vikings a bunch though so I don't really care about that game.

This is what happened last time Detroit wore gray against Carolina, but at least teams seem to have switched to wearing white when that happens.

1063287906.jpg.0.jpg

• Hurl 1

38 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Maybe they'll still wear blue for those two selected games? The gray uniform only matches with the gray helmet. I could be wrong, but the blue helmet looks like it will go along with the all blue when Detroit decides to do that.

They already said that it's is only be worn with the all gray uniforms.

• Like 1

Doesn't really tell us anything about uniforms aside from the Creamsicle date that we've known about. They are honoring Ronde Barber during the Monday night game and include a picture of him in the white jersey, but hopefully the team wears red for that game. We've seen the Eagles wear green at Tampa numerous times.

Here's what I think the WAH games will be. Teams who will wear white jerseys at home this season.

Baltimore in white jerseys with purple pants against the Texans in week 1. This has been the combo the last two times BAL did it.  Most of the time when the Ravens wear white jersey at home it comes during 1 PM games in week 1. Last time that wasn't so was in 2016 against Buffalo, and that game turned out to be the hottest game in Baltimore Ravens history. The Ravens probably regretted not doing it.

I think the Jets will wear white jerseys at home for at least one home game. I'll say the home opener against  Bills. They've done it more than once the last two seasons. Hard to say what they'll do this time around. I think NYJ will wear green more with Rodgers on the team.

Bills in all white against the Raiders, the regular white uniform. As for the throwback whites, did Buffalo do away with those?

Miami will be in white uniforms in their daytime homes in September and October. They'll be in their aquas, regular or throwback, for the later home games against the Titans, Cowboys, and Titans. Did Miami do away with the white throwbacks? Also, Miami has liked to wear their aqua throwbacks against the Patriots in recent years. The home game against New England is on October the 29th. Miami has worn aqua throwbacks against the Bills on October the 23rd in 2016. I wouldn't rule out the chance of the Dolphins wearing when they play New England in week 8.

Houston in all white against the Colts. The Texans always do all white for the home opener. Not much else to say. 

Titans in white jerseys and navy pants against the Chargers. Tennessee used to wear white jerseys at home for the whole month of September when it's a 1 PM game, and even to early October. But in recent seasons they've gone to the columbia blue alternates after doing WAH.

Jaguars in white jerseys against the Chiefs and Texans. Jacksonville will wear different pants (don't know which colors) with the white jerseys for each of the games.

Raiders in white color rush with the silver numbers against the Chargers in week 15. The Raiders have always worn the white color rush against the Chargers or for a Thursday night game.

Chargers in white against the Dolphins? LAC normally wore white for their home openers. I think the omission against the Raiders last year was because they didn't want to put the Raiders in black and the team wanted to ensure there was enough powder blue games.  We'll see if it was a hiatus or if they'll change routines.

Bengals may or may not wear white at home this year. I think CIN didn't wear white in the opener against the Steelers last year for the same thing I said about the Chargers against the Raiders. Cincinnati is hard to say. I think they'll be in black for the Ravens. They could wear the white color rush against the Rams on MNF. But that's a big game, and I don't know if they want to wear the white color rush for that one.

Cowboys in their white color rush against the Seahawk and the regular white jerseys for most of the other home games. They'll wear the blue throwbacks against the Commanders unless they decide otherwise. Dallas wore their regular navy blue at home except for the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Will Dallas reserve a home game for the regular navy blue jersey?

Giants in white color rush against the Seahawks. NYG has worn the white color rush for primetime home games. I don't they'll wear them against Dallas because they already did that last year, and it's really early like the 2020 MNF against Pittsburgh.

Commanders in white jerseys against the Cardinals, Cowboys, and maybe the Bills. Does Washington wear red against the Bills or will they still be in white for that game?

Bears in white throwbacks against an NFC North rival or another team I have no clue about.

Packers in white color rush against the Lions. Assuming Green Bay continues the routine.

Vikings in all white against the Lions? When Minnesota did the white out with the field against the Giants, was that a one time thing? Or could they do it more?

Panthers in white against the Saints, Vikings, and Cowboys. Last year the Panthers wore white jerseys at home more times than they normally did because 4 of the 5 games was early in the season when it's hot in Charlotte. Carolina wore white against Tampa Bay probably because of the Bucs doing it to them in week 17.

Buccaneers in white jerseys against the Bears, Falcons, and Titans. In all white for the Bears and maybe Falcons. Pewter pants with the white jerseys for the Titans.

Saints in white color rush against the Jaguars.

Atlanta has worn white at home with the current design. Except last year. Since they aren't wearing the gradient jersey this year, is there room for a white jersey game? I think they didn't do it last year because it has taken away a spot from the regular black jerseys when they did do WAH.

Rams in white jerseys and yellow pants against the 49ers. Or does LAR wear the bone jersey?

49ers used to wear the white color rush for home games. But they've been used for games at Seattle. 

Colts wore white at home against the Titans in 2019. Was that a one time thing?

• Applause 1
  • Yawn 1

Awesome work @gothedistance

I agree with a lot of your predictions.

Here are some of my thoughts:

Washington hadn’t worn white at home in September for years until last season. I think it’s possible they just wanted to show off the new white uniforms to the fans. I’m hoping we see burgundy Week 1 vs. Arizona or at least by Week 3 vs. the Bills.

That Week 2 Carolina game is MNF, so I don’t think they’ll wear white at home vs. the Saints as they have the past two seasons. I think we may see the black helmet with the blue jerseys for that game.

Regarding the Week 11 Dallas game, Carolina has worn white at home against them several times in the past, but in recent years it’s been September and October meetings, so I’m hopeful we see the black jerseys for a change. Could go either way.

The Saints didn’t wear the white Color Rush at home last season aside from in London as the home team. However, the year before they wore it three times at home, so that TNF game against JAX could go either way.

I expect Atlanta to wear the throwbacks a third time in place of the gradients rather than the white jerseys with how popular those are.

The Rams have just one home game in September. Do they want San Fran coming into town in their red and gold? I think it’s possible they pull a 2022 Chargers and don’t do white at home at all. Or maybe they do it for a different game. I hope they get it out of their system for that Niners game if they must and then stick with blue the rest of the season.

Last season they wore white at home in Week 5 against the Cowboys, but that was probably just a Cowboys thing since we’ve seen them wear blue by Week 4 most years.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream on the Cowboys in their navy blue jersey. Guess who the team in white was? Buffalo. The Bills were in their white uniform. But I couldn't tell if it was the throwback white or the regular white. I don't know if that dream is the coming week 15 game, or if it's something else.

• LOL 2
  • WOAH 1

22 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I had a dream on the Cowboys in their navy blue jersey. Guess who the team in white was? Buffalo. The Bills were in their white uniform. But I couldn't tell if it was the throwback white or the regular white. I don't know if that dream is the coming week 15 game, or if it's something else.

This would be cool, but that Week 15 game will almost definitely have the Bills in Color Rush red. Buffalo has worn it the home game before Christmas each of the past five seasons:

2018 Week 15 vs. DET

2019 Week 14 vs. BAL
2020 - Week 14 vs. PIT

2021 Week 15 vs. CAR

2022 Week 15 vs. MIA

They do have a number of home prime time games this season though, so maybe we see it Week 8 Thursday night vs. Tampa or Week 10 Monday night vs. Denver.

(New account but I've been lurking for a while)

My predictions for SF this year (I'm a 9ers fan):

Week 1 SF regular road @ PIT regular home

Week 2 SF regular road @ LA blue/blue/yellow/blue

Week 3 TNF NYG regular road @ SF regular home

Week 4 ARZ all white @ SF regular home

Week 5 SNF DAL regular white @ SF red alt

Week 6 SF regular road @ CLE orange/brown/white/brown

Week 7 MNF SF regular road @ MIN color rush purple

Week 8 CIN orange/white/white/black @ SF red alt

Week 9 Bye

Week 10 SF regular road @ JAX black/teal/white/teal

Week 11 TB pewter/white/pewter/black @ SF regular home

Week 12 Thanksgiving SF all white alt @ SEA all green color rush

Week 13 SF regular road @ PHI green/green/white/white

Week 14 SEA navy/white/navy/navy @ SF regular home

Week 15 SF regular road @ ARZ all red

Week 16 Christmas Day BAL black/white/black/black @ SF regular home

Week 17 SF regular road @ WAS burgundy/burgundy/white/burgundy

Week 18 LAR blue/white/yellow/blue @ SF regular home

I think they'll use the red alts on SNF against the Cowboys and in a day game in the middle of the season -- my guess is against a high profile opponent in the Bengals. With the Seahawks wearing green on Thanksgiving, I'll be shocked if they don't wear the white alts in Seattle again this year. Other than that it should be pretty standard.

Edit: Yeah we're unlikely to see two alts on SNF

Edited by ruttep