2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I think the Rams will wear blue pants in at least one of those games...they have a weird blue tendency against the Niners.

Yeah I thought about that as well. I figured they would wear yellow pants at home against the Niners since that's the only combo with their currents uniforms in which they've actually beat the Niners, and I figured they would wear yellow pants on the road after being destroyed twice at Levi's in blue pants

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

All this talk of bad matchups, how about a good one? Dolphins and Bills wore throwbacks against each other in 2017 and 2018. They should just make it an annual thing.

USATSI_10509201_1514768908915_12126096_v

Also that one time the Dolphins wore the white throwback on the road.

f28dc43e-ce16-49bc-80e9-1f3b08664b2e-USA

If you have a white throwback you should wear it on the road at least once per season.

The Dolphins should make it a weekly thing

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1

My Vikings 2023 predictions

Week 1 vs Bucs: Purple/Purple/White

Week 2 TNF @ Eagles: 1960s throwback, Dark purple/white/white (Eagles in kelly green)

Week 3 vs Chargers: Purple/Purple/White

Week 4 @ Panthers: Purple/White/Purple

Week 5 vs Chiefs: Purple/Purple/White

Week 6 @  Bears: Purple/White/Purple

Week 7 MNF vs 49ers: Color Rush, Purple/Purple/Purple

Week 8 @ Packers: Purple/White/Purple

Week 9 @ Falcons: Purple/White/Purple

Week 10 vs Saints: Purple/Purple/Purple

Week 11 SNF  @ Broncos: Purple/White/White

Week 12 MNF vs Bears: Purple/White/Purple

Week 13 Bye

Week 14 @ Raiders: Purple/White/Purple

Week 15 @ Bengals: Purple/Purple/White (Bengals whiteout)

Week 16 vs Lions: Purple/Purple/White

Week 17 SNF vs Packers: 1960's throwback. Dark purple/white/white (Vikings whiteout)

Week 18 @ Detroit: Purple/White/Purple

Playoffs home: Purple/Purple/Purple

Playoffs road: Purple/White/White

Combos by number

Purple/Purple/White: 4

Purple/White/Purple: 6

Purple/White/White: 2

Purple/Purple/Purple: 1

Color Rush: 1

Throwback: 2

3 hours ago, Kirill_The_Thrill97 said:

My Vikings 2023 predictions

Week 1 vs Bucs: Purple/Purple/White

Week 2 TNF @ Eagles: 1960s throwback, Dark purple/white/white (Eagles in kelly green)

Week 3 vs Chargers: Purple/Purple/White

Week 4 @ Panthers: Purple/White/Purple

Week 5 vs Chiefs: Purple/Purple/White

Week 6 @  Bears: Purple/White/Purple

Week 7 MNF vs 49ers: Color Rush, Purple/Purple/Purple

Week 8 @ Packers: Purple/White/Purple

Week 9 @ Falcons: Purple/White/Purple

Week 10 vs Saints: Purple/Purple/Purple

Week 11 SNF  @ Broncos: Purple/White/White

Week 12 MNF vs Bears: Purple/White/Purple

Week 13 Bye

Week 14 @ Raiders: Purple/White/Purple

Week 15 @ Bengals: Purple/Purple/White (Bengals whiteout)

Week 16 vs Lions: Purple/Purple/White

Week 17 SNF vs Packers: 1960's throwback. Dark purple/white/white (Vikings whiteout)

Week 18 @ Detroit: Purple/White/Purple

Playoffs home: Purple/Purple/Purple

Playoffs road: Purple/White/White

Combos by number

Purple/Purple/White: 4

Purple/White/Purple: 6

Purple/White/White: 2

Purple/Purple/Purple: 1

Color Rush: 1

Throwback: 2

Vikings don’t have a throwback, or alternate “dark purple” helmet

• Like 3

11 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

We've got Commanders at Jets this season. What's the breakdown on team colors actually used in that game?

I don’t think it’s fair to put the Commanders in this category right now. They wore plenty of burgundy last season, aside from the black jersey games. I could see this being white/burgundy vs. green jerseys. Jets didn’t wear any white at home in the second half of the season in 2022.

I had another dream. It was was the Buccaneers in the orange throwbacks. In the dream I saw players but couldn't tell if they were in practice or warming up for a game (upcoming in week 6).  There was a team in white, I don't know if it was the Detroit Lion players or if it was Buccaneer players who were practicing against another unit of the Buccaneers  in orange.

I looked on the pattern of Dallas wearing the navy blue jersey at home. They've done this on games before their Thanksgiving games; 2018 against Titans, 2019 against Vikings, and 2022 against Bears. The 2021 and 2020 season notwithstanding. If they still do that, they'll do in week 10 against the Giants.

Ever since the Chargers played in Sofi and the current navy blue was introduced, they have worn them for their 4th home game. It the routine holds up, LAC will wear them against the Bears in week 8. That would also make it the 4th time they've worn them against teams with dark colors, another navy team or team in black (Raiders). The royal blue alternate has always been worn sometime in December, and before the final home game. It will be either against the Broncos or Bills. Which do you think it will be?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

If the helmet even happens I'm expecting the Browns to wear the white helmet throwback during the Hall of Fame game.

Why would they waste helmets and uniforms on at least 40 players that aren't going to even make the team? 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Why would they waste helmets and uniforms on at least 40 players that aren't going to even make the team? 

You could ask yourself that for the many times teams have worn throwbacks or alternates in the Preseason. Just because it's seen as a waste doesn't make it an impossibility.

bSLCtu2.png

Just now, Old School Fool said:

You could ask yourself that for the many times teams have worn throwbacks or alternates in the Preseason.

Does that happen often?  I can recall maybe once or twice, but I don't pay much attention to preseason.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Does that happen often?  I can recall maybe once or twice, but I don't pay much attention to preseason.

Off the top of my head it happened in the 1994 and 2009 HOF Games. Then there's numerous other games, I remember the Panthers and Eagles have worn alternates in the preseason, last year the Cardinals wore the black helmet for a game, and the Colts wore a throwback I think during the 2011 Preseason.

bSLCtu2.png

1 minute ago, Old School Fool said:

Off the top of my head it happened in the 1994 and 2009 HOF Games. Then there's numerous other games, I remember the Panthers and Eagles have worn alternates in the preseason, last year the Cardinals wore the black helmet for a game, the Colts wore a throwback.

Gonna need citation on the Eagles, since even if I don't watch them, I generally see highlights and I probably would have noticed that.  But I don't catch everything.  I do remember the Panthers now.

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Gonna need citation on the Eagles, since even if I don't watch them, I generally see highlights and I probably would have noticed that.  But I don't catch everything.  I do remember the Panthers now.

They wore black over white pants in the 2014 Preseason. That was back when Nike screwed up the Eagles jerseys and they could only wear black or white until Week 10.

bSLCtu2.png