2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

4 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

They wore black over white pants in the 2014 Preseason. That was back when Nike screwed up the Eagles jerseys and they could only wear black or white until Week 10.

Nice catch.  I forgot about that debacle. 

2014_Philadelphia.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

57 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Off the top of my head it happened in the 1994 and 2009 HOF Games. Then there's numerous other games, I remember the Panthers and Eagles have worn alternates in the preseason, last year the Cardinals wore the black helmet for a game, and the Colts wore a throwback I think during the 2011 Preseason.

Yea but did these instances require alternate helmets that would require much more additional storage space than additional jerseys that will take up maybe 2 whole boxes and can be reused for different players. Helmets need to be custom fit and broken in before playing.

5 hours ago, dont care said:

Yea but did these instances require alternate helmets that would require much more additional storage space than additional jerseys that will take up maybe 2 whole boxes and can be reused for different players. Helmets need to be custom fit and broken in before playing.

I listed 4 examples of there being alternate helmets. Whatever fitting and breaking in that needs to be done can be done. If teams want to then they will.

Also that Falcons throwback is amazing.

1994:

940960392.jpg.jpg

atlanta-falcons-quarterback-perry-klein-

2009: Note the Bills weird off white helmet color which was a weird issue for teams for awhile.

I0000_h8.hbH8cM4.jpg

2010: Colts in white at home

indianapolis-colts-offensive-tackle-adam

2022: This matchup SUCKS

USATSI_18909248.jpg?w=1000

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

The Browns are wearing all-white for the ONE game on their schedule I specifically wanted to see them wear brown for: Week 6 vs. the 49ers. Why must this always happen with  inter conference matchups I'm excited for?

This is what we got in 2015:

duke-johnson-nfl-san-francisco-49ers-cle

And this is what I was fully expecting and hoping for this year:

BNG-L-49ERS-1209-15.jpg?w=1024

2022-Cleveland-Browns-Betting-Preview.jp

They're wearing the white helmet three times, which means at least we won't see the pointless Color Rush all-brown look anymore. I guess that's why they felt the need to shove it down our throats last season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

The Browns are wearing all-white for the ONE game on their schedule I specifically wanted to see them wear brown for: Week 6 vs. the 49ers. Why must this always happen with  inter conference matchups I'm excited for?

This is what we got in 2015:

duke-johnson-nfl-san-francisco-49ers-cle

And this is what I was fully expecting and hoping for this year:

BNG-L-49ERS-1209-15.jpg?w=1024

2022-Cleveland-Browns-Betting-Preview.jp

They are wearing them in 3 games: 

spacer.png

• Love 1

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

The other two opponents are perfect choices. They should've chosen the Week 9 Cardinals game over the Niners. They hosted them two years ago in their regular brown over white look.

Except that game 2 years ago was when ARZ was in the uniform that they are leaving behind. I don't mind because the Cardinals have new uniform sets. But yeah, I am disappointed about the SF game. I wish it was like the 2007 game. You wanna know something? I don't know if you're aware. A lot of teams have worn their alternate or throwbacks against the 49ers. If you count what teams have an opponent wearing their third or fourth jersey against them, the 49ers are the most of all teams. After them it would be the Giants.

Good thing it's a 17 game season now. There's a chance to recover that lost opportunity. Maybe when the 49ers and Browns meet again by drawing each other?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Except that game 2 years ago was when ARZ was in the uniform that they are leaving behind. I don't mind because the Cardinals have new uniform sets. But yeah, I am disappointed about the SF game. I wish it was like the 2007 game. You wanna know something? I don't know if you're aware. A lot of teams have worn their alternate or throwbacks against the 49ers. If you count what teams have an opponent wearing their third or fourth jersey against them, the 49ers are the most of all teams. After them it would be the Giants.

Good thing it's a 17 game season now. There's a chance to recover that lost opportunity. Maybe when the 49ers and Browns meet again by drawing each other?

Nice to see someone who has the same mindset about these things Yeah, hopefully they finish in the same place in 2024 and the Niners visit again, but the odds of that happening aren’t great.

This actually happened with the Bears and Browns though. Cleveland wore white throwback against them at home in 2021 and is now hosting them again in a non throwback game two years later.

4 hours ago, gothedistance said:

A lot of teams have worn their alternate or throwbacks against the 49ers. If you count what teams have an opponent wearing their third or fourth jersey against them, the 49ers are the most of all teams. 

I think that's because the 49ers regular look already looks like a throwback, so it's an easy way to have a throwback matchup without coordinating with the opponent.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Buccaneers and Vikings in week 1 will be good. 

Minnesota should wear the throwbacks for at least one more game. 

I'm sure they'll break them out again against the Packers or Bears, (and both games are in prime time, for now at least).

Then they'll wear the color rush, or "Primetime Purple" as they call it, probably for the MNF game against the 49ers.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't wear the color rush at all either. They didn't wear them in 2017 or 18.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Minnesota should wear the throwbacks for at least one more game. 

This is a much more realistic and reasonable wish than how seemingly everyone else on here wants them to scrap the current set entirely and wear these full-time (because that totally doesn’t defeat the purpose of a throwback uniform).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

This is a much more realistic and reasonable wish than how seemingly everyone else on here wants them to scrap the current set entirely and wear these full-time (because that totally doesn’t defeat the purpose of a throwback uniform).

The reason for that is that we'd like that to become the regular look, rather than being limited to throwback status.

On 7/11/2023 at 11:30 AM, Dilbert said:

The fact that fans in St Louis had to watch Mustard vs Ketchup in the final Rams game in St Louis is an absolute crime

spacer.png

You misspelled travashamockery

• Facepalm 1

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Was I the only one who liked these?

227364_3d73906a31a54b5ba9c84a4a1d0183f7-

Maybe if i saw it with navy pants (and a normal collar) it'd be acceptable.  

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."