2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

On 6/6/2023 at 2:43 AM, throwmesomepics said:

Here are my predictions for the 2023 Seahawks Uniform Schedule, this was pretty easy to throw together using the Gridiron uniform database website and inspect element to fill in the pictures. Would love to see people make these for other teams.

Sounds like a great idea! I've edited my post with this for my prediction of the Ravens uniform schedule...though now I have to be mindful of shoe/sock combos that I usually overlook. How did you get the uniforms for the Cards? I have them wearing red/white vs the Ravens, but I would need the new uniforms, which won't be on the website until the season plays out. Getting the new uniforms for Arizona was tough since they're not on GUD yet; I had to pull them from an image off the website's Twitter account to get what I wanted.

• Like 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 5/22/2023 at 12:06 PM, Michael Bolton said:

2023 Buccaneers, bored at work edition:

Week 6- vs Lions - creamsicle

I think weeks 6 and 7 might be interchangeable but it would be cool if the Bucs brought the creamsicles back against an old NFC Central rival.

Called it! Week 7 I think will be white/pewter against the Falcons then.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

ClAFLDa.png

7 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

Called it! Week 7 I think will be white/pewter against the Falcons then.

Let's hope that if they think it's okay to wear a non-white jersey this early in the season that they will transition away from white at home at this point entirely. They still haven't worn red against the Falcons since the redesign.

On 6/8/2023 at 8:50 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

So has it been confirmed at all that the Seahawks are planning on wearing five different jerseys/uniforms? Navy, white, throwback, ugly gray, and hideous green?

Why is it that whenever the state of NFL uniforms takes another step into the toilet, this franchise seems to be leading the way?

I would ditch the grey alternate over the green but that's me

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

I would ditch the grey alternate over the green but that's me

The gray serves no purpose... it really is just useless. It just looks like a dirty version of the white uniform.

The neon green uniform is impressively ugly.  I don't think that's even really an insult. I'm sure even the Seahawks consider it ugly.  It's supposed to be ugly in an in-your-face way... that's the whole point.

If the Seahawks wore the neon green jersey over white pants, it might even be ugly in a fun way. Think the old Orlando Thunder uniform, which was an awesome guilty pleasure.  As it is, when they wear it over the navy pants, it's just a dopey, ugly, 16 year old's version of a cool uniform, and the neon green monochrome is a nauseating assault. 

The Seahawks need to punt on this whole era. Russell Wilson and the legion of boom are gone, and I'm pretty sure Pete Carroll's gum has long since run out of flavor. Move on. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

18 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

I’d want the Seahawks to keep the greys simply for the grey pants. Blue/Grey and White/Grey are their best combinations and I’d hate to see them go 

Totally agree with those combos as their best. Keep the pants, drop the jerseys?

• Like 5

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

I’d want the Seahawks to keep the greys simply for the grey pants. Blue/Grey and White/Grey are their best combinations and I’d hate to see them go 

When I say the gray is useless, I'm speaking specifically about the gray jersey. The gray pants are pretty much the only pants they need, and one of the only ways this dumpster fire of a uniform set can be tolerable. 

They need to get a rebrand underway ASAP, but in the meantime can pull their current look out of the bottom 5 by wearing only gray pants with the navy and white jerseys.  And wearing the throwback as often as the rules allow.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

When I say the gray is useless, I'm speaking specifically about the gray jersey. The gray pants are pretty much the only pants they need, and one of the only ways this dumpster fire of a uniform set can be tolerable. 

They need to get a rebrand underway ASAP, but in the meantime can pull their current look out of the bottom 5 by wearing only gray pants with the navy and white jerseys.  And wearing the throwback as often as the rules allow.

Unpopular opinion, the Seahawks actually have a pretty solid modern look that the city has latched onto. My only real complaint is the grey and white pants need some green in them so they fit with the blue jersey more. I just went through the gridiron database, and there's at least 11 teams I would change before I got to the Seahawks

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 hour ago, MNtwins3 said:

Unpopular opinion, the Seahawks actually have a pretty solid modern look that the city has latched onto. My only real complaint is the grey and white pants need some green in them so they fit with the blue jersey more. I just went through the gridiron database, and there's at least 11 teams I would change before I got to the Seahawks

Interesting.  I just went to GID and played that game myself,  Specifically, given the opportunity who would I change first?  Personally,  I only came up with only 2 NFL teams who are currently wearing uniforms who I instantly think are obviously worse than the Seahawks (since the Cardinals just jettisoned their nightmares) .  That's the Commanders and the Titans, two absolutely horrific uniforms in every combination. There are another 8 uniforms that give me pause as to whether or not I'd change them before Seattle. With 5 of those - the Ravens, Panthers, Saints, Eagles, and Jets - it's more a case of bad alternates and bad combination decisions, than it is that they are just bad uniforms.  I'd put them in the same category as the Seahawks. If they avoid the monochrome and get rid of their awful alts, they'd all be at least passable, some even good.  3 others -the Falcons, Rams, and Broncos - all have fairly bad uniforms but get extra credit from me for (recently) (mostly) making  good decisions about their combos, avoiding monochrome and, well... bone.

So maybe it was a bit strong of me to say the Seahawks are bottom 5. It's more like they're just wallowing in the sludge with a handful of other teams, one step above Washington and Tennessee, which is nothing to be proud of.  I think I always give Seattle extra demerits in my head because they always seem to be at the forefront of these bad trends.  First NFL team to consistently  wear monochrome, first with sublimated patterns on the numbers, first to substitute another color for road white, now the first to (apparently) wear 5 jerseys.  You would probably tell me that if Seattle hadn't done these things first, some other team would have anyway. I guess that's true. Still... screw them for even opening the door.

As always, all the above is only my opinion, of course. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

First NFL team to consistently wear monochrome

I was going to say the Bills but they got new uniforms with the Seahawks at the same time. So I guess both of them were the first.

Also, this Bills look was stupid. I don't hate it completely but I think it's just stupid if that makes any sense. How are you gonna have a royal blue team logo and wear navy top to bottom? Stupid.

JH6BCXRJ3AI6FL323YE5K2TUHE.JPG

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

I was going to say the Bills but they got new uniforms with the Seahawks at the same time. So I guess both of them were the first.

Also, this Bills look was stupid. I don't hate it completely but I think it's just stupid if that makes any sense. How are you gonna have a royal blue team logo and wear navy top to bottom? Stupid.

Well, technically, the Seahawks went monochrome in week 2 of 2002, which was the first regular season home game in their dreary early 2000's uniform.  The Bills went monochrome in week 4, which was their second home game in their terrible early 2000's monstrosities.   In week one they wore navy over white.  So i my irrational mind, they saw the Seahawks do it and followed suit. 

Week one, 2002...

spacer.png

Week 2, 2002...

spacer.png

Week 4, 2002...

spacer.png

So, I stand by it... Seahawks were first.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Meh 1

11 Rodnick Phillips Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

These actually looked decent. They just were way too much of a deviation from what they had before, which is an all-time great uniform. I think they moved away from it b/c at a glance they were too similar to Detroit and Dallas, and then obviously wearing shiny slate head to toe mucked it up. The late 90s/2000s were weird -- everyone was in a race to trade vibrant colors for darker shades

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Remember when the Seahawks forced navy pants into their look towards the end of 2009 and then in the entire 2010 Preseason? It was... not good.

spt_7_seahawks_butler_cover_12-07-2009_E

103550230_original.jpg?1282758067

95595417_original.jpg?1282757893

This was indeed very strange and pointless. Thankfully it stopped in time for the Beast Mode run against New Orleans in the 2010 playoffs.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Overall a lot of Royal teams seem to randomly claim navy. The Knicks statement jerseys are Navy for no reason. The Blue Jays powder blues have navy hats and accents as well, which looks specifically bad because those are their Division Rivals colors. Spare me that the beak on the Blue Jay is Navy. Hell, I even remember the Cubs used to have a navy BP uniform. All this is basically as bad as BFBS in my book.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Remember when the Seahawks forced navy pants into their look towards the end of 2009 and then in the entire 2010 Preseason? It was... not good.

spt_7_seahawks_butler_cover_12-07-2009_E

103550230_original.jpg?1282758067

95595417_original.jpg?1282757893

This is one of those things wherein you look at in hindsight and be like, "they actually did that???" And I'm not just talking about the darker blue pants...I'm talking about that entire uniform set...man is that set dreary to look at looking back.

I guess if there's one thing the current set got right, it was breathing some sense of life back into their identity. Yeah, chickenfeet trim and all that, but one thing the current set is not is lifeless. Having said that, I did some poking around the interwebs at some concepts that move a little closer to what I think would be an ideal color pairing for the Seahawks: a significantly-lighter-than-navy-but-darker-than-royal blue, and a bright green that's less yellow and more blue, sorta like so:

c2067ab254f78cad49103a1e2f7ba6c1.jpg?com

c3128d36e304ace4605f6fff9a23f812.jpg?com

(Courtesy of Jack Moran on Dribbble.)

Obviously, those numbers wouldn't work--at least not in that guise, or as single-layer green like that--but perhaps single-layer white numbers (as a callback to the Kingdome uniforms) and--yeah Imma say it--green pants over blue socks might be a good way to go. And of course I must remark on how unique a take that concept logo is, and the striping pattern Jack managed to extrapolate out of that...some strong indigenous art vibes there, without even trying all that hard. 

• Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||