2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

8 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but throwbacks should always be worn against division rivals or longstanding conference rivals.

Also, alternate uniforms like Washington’s all black, Seattle’s wolf grey, Cincy’s all white, and Cleveland’s all brown should be worn in matchups that, historically, don’t matter.

This is correct. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

First official announcement for the upcoming season. I don't like that they are wasting one of them against the Commanders again, but it will be nice to see them for a prime time game against the Packers at least.

I hope it doesn't become like the Eagles always wearing their black alternate against the Giants, or the Seahawks always wearing the wolf grey against the Cardinals.

NYG will have 2 of their 9 road games be in blue. I hope they don't wear the white color rush at SF, or else the regular white uniform will have another spot taken. I believe the Giants will wear the white color rush against the Seahawks for MNF.

Was the wearing of the regular white jersey at home against the Rams in 2021 only a one-time thing? I think doing the same against the Patriots would be a good way to honor the Giants teams that won the two Super Bowls against New England with those uniforms.

The Giants should wear their white version against the Eagles in their new green throwback.

I'm a fan of the GIANTS helmet, but if they wanted to slap an NY on their instead and go with something similar to these jerseys as a primary look, I wouldn't hate that.  

When I see navy helmets and royal jerseys, I get nightmares of Lawrence Taylor and Carl Banks IRL, and Ottis Anderson running right through me in Tecmo Super Bowl.

AOCiHMj.png

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

Any reason the Giants didn’t wear the navy helmets with the white color rush last year, instead opting for switching the decals on their standard helmets like they did in the pre-2 helmet days?

It's because the color rush uniform is a fauxback. There are some differences with the NY on the chest and white socks. Yes, it's stupid that they have a fauxback and a throwback. 

• Like 4

bSLCtu2.png

2023 Browns. Still not sure what alternate uniform will be used so for the three games they're allowed, i will just use ALT.

WK 1- vs CIN- Brown/White vs White/White

WK 2- at PIT- White/Orange vs Black/Gold

WK 3- vs TEN- Brown/White vs White/Navy

WK 4- vs BAL- Brown/Orange vs White/Purple

WK 5- bye

WK 6- vs SF-ALT vs White/Gold

WK 7- at IND- White/White vs Blue/White

WK 8- at SEA- White/Brown vs Throwback

WK 9- vs ARI- ALT vs White/White

WK 10- at BAL- White/Orange vs Purple/Purple

WK 11- vs PIT- Brown/Orange vs White/Gold

WK 12- at DEN- White/White vs Blue/White

WK 13 at LAR- White/Brown vs Blue/Blue

WK 14 vs JAC- Brown/White vs White/Black

WK 15 vs CHI- Brown/White vs White/ Navy

WK 16 at HOU- White/White vs Navy/ White

WK 17 vs NYJ- ALT vs White/Black

WK 18 at CIN- White/Orange vs Black/White

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 5:43 PM, philly97flyer said:

Any reason the Giants didn’t wear the navy helmets with the white color rush last year, instead opting for switching the decals on their standard helmets like they did in the pre-2 helmet days?

Because the Navy helmets dont match and are stupid.

• Like 2

2023 Buccaneers, bored at work edition:

Week 1- at Vikings - white/white

Week 2- vs Bears - white/white

Week 3- vs Eagles (MNF) - red/pewter

Week 4- at Saints - white/pewter

Week 5- pajamas, T-shirts, birthday suits

Week 6- vs Lions - creamsicle

Week 7- vs Falcons - white/pewter

Week 8- at Bills (TNF) - white/pewter

Week 9- at Texans - white/pewter

Week 10- vs Titans - red/pewter

Week 11- at 49ers - white/pewter

Week 12- at Colts - white/pewter

Week 13- vs Panthers - creamsicle

Week 14- at Falcons - white/pewter

Week 15- at Packers - white/pewter

Week 16- vs Jaguars - pewter/pewter

Week 17- vs Saints - red/pewter

Week 18- at Panthers - white/pewter

I think weeks 6 and 7 might be interchangeable but it would be cool if the Bucs brought the creamsicles back against an old NFC Central rival.

ClAFLDa.png

3 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

2023 Buccaneers, bored at work edition:

Week 1- at Vikings - white/white

Week 2- vs Bears - white/white

Week 3- vs Eagles (MNF) - red/pewter

Week 4- at Saints - white/pewter

Week 5- pajamas, T-shirts, birthday suits

Week 6- vs Lions - creamsicle

Week 7- vs Falcons - white/pewter

Week 8- at Bills (TNF) - white/pewter

Week 9- at Texans - white/pewter

Week 10- vs Titans - red/pewter

Week 11- at 49ers - white/pewter

Week 12- at Colts - white/pewter

Week 13- vs Panthers - creamsicle

Week 14- at Falcons - white/pewter

Week 15- at Packers - white/pewter

Week 16- vs Jaguars - pewter/pewter

Week 17- vs Saints - red/pewter

Week 18- at Panthers - white/pewter

I think weeks 6 and 7 might be interchangeable but it would be cool if the Bucs brought the creamsicles back against an old NFC Central rival.

I really hope the pewter Color Rush does not appear against the Jaguars.  Like Carolina and Houston, THE BUCS HAVE NEVER WORN A COLORED JERSEY AGAINST JACKSONVILLE, so I really hope it will be the standard red jerseys for that one.

5 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

My only request for the Falcons is that they wear the throwbacks 3 times, don't wear the gradient, and keep the all-black and all-white looks to one or two times a piece. 

I want to see the throwbacks or even the gradients against some division opponents this year. Since the switch to black jerseys, a lot of Atlanta's home games against NFC South rivals have gotten super bland and colorless. Adding some red would bring some of these to life:

j8jvohd1lpanfz5bfxlw

DJ-Moore4.jpg

USATSI_17300205-scaled.jpg

• Like 3

Apparently Arthur Smith said today that the gradient jersey won’t be worn at all in 2023, which implies that there will be three throwback games. 

Many people love the throwbacks, but it’s a shame that they couldn’t just have a regular red alternate jersey over black pants that didn’t have the gradient effect. It would be a solid look that is arguably better than the regular black they wear. Plus now they will only wear black jerseys and white jerseys, which isn’t exactly exciting.

I predict the throwback will be worn:

Week 2 vs. Green Bay

Week 12 vs. New Orleans

Week 16 vs. Indy

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

Here are my predictions for the 2023 Seahawks Uniform Schedule, this was pretty easy to throw together using the Gridiron uniform database website and inspect element to fill in the pictures. Would love to see people make these for other teams.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is awesome! I’m not sure I see them wearing neon for multiple road games but not once at home. Hopefully the Giants wear regular blue and they save it for Dallas, since that matchup always looks the same. 

I also want to see them wear white pants at Detroit since it’s been navy pants every time they’ve gone there since the 2012 redesign.

I would love to see what you have for the PIT and PHI games, and also CLE in orange pants.

On 5/18/2023 at 9:52 AM, Pigskin12 said:

First official announcement for the upcoming season. I don't like that they are wasting one of them against the Commanders again, but it will be nice to see them for a prime time game against the Packers at least.

Just like how I prefer the Rams. I preferred the Giants this way.

• Like 1

Seattle is wearing the throwback in Week 8 against Cleveland, which should be a nice-looking matchup. It’s unclear if this means it will be the only appearance. Many of us suspected it would be worn on Thanksgiving, but they have two other alternate uniforms as well.

So has it been confirmed at all that the Seahawks are planning on wearing five different jerseys/uniforms? Navy, white, throwback, ugly gray, and hideous green?

Why is it that whenever the state of NFL uniforms takes another step into the toilet, this franchise seems to be leading the way?

• LOL 1