2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

5 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’d like to see Pewter over White at least once at some point

spacer.png

That could work, I dunno if they'd end up needing different white pants to match the same striping pattern that is on the CR pants.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ruttep said:

Absolutely not. That's a one-way ticket to blue leggings. Completely unnecessary.

By blue leggings, do you mean no tripes or do you mean paired with blue socks? Because I don't see why you'd assume they'd do either. Anyways, I'd still prefer the white pants to anything but I'd take blue pants with the white jerseys over yellow.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

We have seen the Bucs red jersey one (1) time so far this season, with white pants. We have seen their primary dark combo, red over pewter, zero (0) times this season. Are the Bucs trying to become the Cowboys of the NFC South?

I think so. The same way that Miami is WAH almost always. 

I also think that winning the last Super Bowl with Brady in white had a lot to do with it.

It’s a shame. Red over Pewter is their best look; we may only see it once this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

The Bucs are a white-at-home team, it's not a temperature thing

Not entirely. They did wear red vs. Philly for that Monday evening kickoff in September. They also chose to wear red in Germany last year and have worn red for most prime time games, which would indicate that to some degree it is a heat thing.

The last time they wore red at home for a 1pm game though was 2020 Week 14 against Minnesota.

49 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

By blue leggings, do you mean no tripes or do you mean paired with blue socks? Because I don't see why you'd assume they'd do either. Anyways, I'd still prefer the white pants to anything but I'd take blue pants with the white jerseys over yellow.

I mean I'm almost certain that they'd pair it with blue socks. By "leggings" I mean that the pants and socks are the same color (I don't mean that the "socks" are actually leggings that they wear underneath their pants). And I'd rather not have the Chargers in blue pants for that reason - they'd end up looking similar to the Dolphins' white over aqua combo. I know that combo has its fans, but I'm not one of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pigskin12 said:

Not entirely. They did wear red vs. Philly for that Monday evening kickoff in September. They also chose to wear red in Germany last year, and have worn red for most prime time games, which would indicate that to some degree it is a heat thing.

The last time they wore red at home for a 1pm game though was 2020 Week 14 against Minnesota.

More evidence that they're taking a page out of the Cowboys' book. They're basically using the red jersey as an alternate: Prime time games, international games, never wearing it for a regular 1 PM home game. 

1 hour ago, timjameskohler said:

I think so. The same way that Miami is WAH almost always. 

Speaking of which, it's almost December and Miami has not worn either of their aqua jerseys yet (they wore their standard aqua jersey for their preseason game vs Atlanta, but not in the regular season)

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

15 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

Speaking of which, it's almost December and Miami has not worn either of their aqua jerseys yet (they wore their standard aqua jersey for their preseason game vs Atlanta, but not in the regular season)

They should wear the primary aqua against the Titans on MNF in Week 14 (please, please don't be all aqua).

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

I mean I'm almost certain that they'd pair it with blue socks. By "leggings" I mean that the pants and socks are the same color (I don't mean that the "socks" are actually leggings that they wear underneath their pants). And I'd rather not have the Chargers in blue pants for that reason - they'd end up looking similar to the Dolphins' white over aqua combo. I know that combo has its fans, but I'm not one of them. 

It's possible they would do that but I certainly wouldn't assume it.

Even so, I'd still take the blue pants over yellow, even with blue socks. Although white or yellow socks would look much better.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

It's possible they would do that but I certainly wouldn't assume it.

Even so, I'd still take the blue pants over yellow, even with blue socks. Although white or yellow socks would look much better.

The way I see it, the Chargers are a team that has uniforms that protect themselves from sock shenanigans -- within the primary set, there is no way to match the pants color and sock color. Other examples of this are the Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Raiders, Giants, and Bucs. Adding blue pants would remove that protection. Even if they announce that they're going to wear yellow or white socks with the blue pants, I have no doubt that eventually they'd pair blue socks with it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

The way I see it, the Chargers are a team that has uniforms that protect themselves from sock shenanigans -- within the primary set, there is no way to match the pants color and sock color. Other examples of this are the Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Raiders, Giants, and Bucs. Adding blue pants would remove that protection. Even if they announce that they're going to wear yellow or white socks with the blue pants, I have no doubt that eventually they'd pair blue socks with it.

I get that but I just put more stock in the jersey/pants combo than the socks. Like the socks matter - but to me, they're completely secondary to the jersey and pants.

Just now, throwuascenario said:

I get that but I just put more stock in the jersey/pants combo than the socks. Like the socks matter - but to me, they're completely secondary to the jersey and pants.

That's fair. Strictly looking at the jersey and pants, I'm still not sold on blue pants though. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ruttep said:

That's fair. Strictly looking at the jersey and pants, I'm still not sold on blue pants though. Just my opinion.

It's tough to match things with that white helmet. That is the tricky thing with it, almost no pants colors look good with a white helmet except for white.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

This will be the third straight week where the Jags don't wear a single teal uniform component. At least this is the final time this season that they are permitted to wear black.

I KNEW THIS WAS COMING! The absolute second I saw that Cincinnati was rolling with the Jungle Kats alternates this upcoming week, I just knew it in the front of my head that Jacksonville was gonna counter with all-black.

In other words: we shall have the 🥶⚪⚪⚪⚪️  Cincinnati Jungle Kats vs the ⚫⚫⚫⚫️ Jacksonville Blaguars. Most appealing uniform matchup we'll ever see...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||