MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

21 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thanks! I thought about removing the elephant since, as @SFGiants58 acutely pointed out, a lot of New Orleans fans would also be LSU fans, and the elephant is the mascot of LSU's rival school, Alabama. I eventually decided against removing it, as I don't think it would be too big of an issue. 

I don't think it would be either. There's a lot more overlap with team identities than people think.

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

20 hours ago, raysox said:

For sure, the green is more yellow and purple is more red than the one in the Pelicans reference. I think shading them closer to blue will make them come together a little easier.

That makes sense. Here's a look at a "cooler" Mardi Gras scheme on the green alt:

gIVU33E.png

I think I still prefer the "warmer" variation myself, but this wouldn't be bad, either.

• Like 2

What if... the Athletics relocate to Las Vegas?

This wasn't as close to a sure thing when I was working on it as it seems now, but it's fun to see how it might turn out. Green & gold still works well for Vegas, & I added some 'sparkle' to the gold inspired by the Golden Knights.

U40BciI.png

0JdKYZX.png

v6PMmHi.jpg

WA3KdMO.png

• Like 10

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Las Vegas Athletics]
9 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Athletics relocate to Las Vegas?

This wasn't as close to a sure thing when I was working on it as it seems now, but it's fun to see how it might turn out. Green & gold still works well for Vegas, & I added some 'sparkle' to the gold inspired by the Golden Knights.

U40BciI.png

0JdKYZX.png

v6PMmHi.jpg

WA3KdMO.png

Well there's some unfortunate timing

• LOL 2

On 6/6/2023 at 7:15 PM, shadyloaf said:

Love the series idea. The A's colors really work in New Orleans.

Thanks! I agree, adding purple makes for a perfect New Orleans scheme.

On 6/6/2023 at 9:25 PM, Silence of the Rams said:

Well there's some unfortunate timing

Indeed… I think it’ll happen though, I don’t see any situation where the A’s stay in Oakland, & Vegas still seems like the best bet.

On 6/7/2023 at 7:07 AM, VampyrRabbit said:

The gold sparkle on the Vegas A's looks great, and you've made the elephant white which is always a plus.

Thanks! I honestly forgot the A’s elephant isn’t white in real life, as all of my concepts have always had it that way.

What if... the Dodgers remained in Brooklyn?

The Dodgers left for LA in 1958, but this is how I imagine they'd look if they never did. They only had the red front number on the home white at the time, so I kept that, & added a heather pattern to the away to keep a vintage feel.

u6Zxld1.png

DacRXR1.png

akGc7Gc.png

4N0mpC7.png

• Like 10
  • Love 6

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Brooklyn Dodgers]

What if... the Giants relocated to Tampa Bay?

One of the more famous near-relocations, the Giants' owner agreed to a sale in 1992, but it was rejected by other NL owners. I kept the Giants' stripes from that era, but went back to the current, more classic-looking logos.

nA7LYwI.png

LQLGSH3.png

Y82u1bA.png

FOrdRAp.png

• Like 10

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Tampa Bay Giants]

If the move to St Pete and into the Trop had happened, the Giants would probably have ended up looking something like that, they probably wouldn't have used cream and gold. So in terms of aesthetics, it worked out for the best that the Giants stayed in San Francisco, as we would never have gotten both Oracle Park and the rebrand that went with it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

If the move to St Pete and into the Trop had happened, the Giants would probably have ended up looking something like that, they probably wouldn't have used cream and gold. So in terms of aesthetics, it worked out for the best that the Giants stayed in San Francisco, as we would never have gotten both Oracle Park and the rebrand that went with it.

I completely agree. Although, I'd drop gold from the Giants' current identity, but that's a different discussion.

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Colorado White Sox]

The White Sox played home games in Milwaukee in the late 60s. My grandfather moved from the southside of Chicago to Milwaukee just before then. I'd love to see the verse where the Sox followed him across the border.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

What if... the (original) Senators relocated to Los Angeles (and changed their name)? 

The Senators tried to move to LA in the 50's, but after the Dodgers entered the race, they won out. This design incorporates elements of the Twins' (who the Senators became) new rebrand. I also think it would be safe to assume that the team would change their name to borrow from the city's PCL team, the Angels.

AR2yLfm.png

1im0q4N.png

jRZ9nYx.png

5P9Ar5d.png

• Like 16
  • Love 8

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Los Angeles Angels (Senators/Twins)]
8 hours ago, NicDB said:

The White Sox played home games in Milwaukee in the late 60s. My grandfather moved from the southside of Chicago to Milwaukee just before then. I'd love to see the verse where the Sox followed him across the border.

Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long to see that. 😉

2 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Where did you get the new Twins font?

I didn’t use a font, as neither the script nor the font for the away wordmark are available as typefaces. For the home script, I combined this “World Series” font (thanks @coco1997) with letters already present in the “Twin Cities” wordmark. For the away wordmark, I’ve taken letters from assorted social media posts since the rebrand and combined them to create the city names I’ve needed. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The LA Angels look brilliant. One nitpick - the star on the shoulder logo looks like its over Anaheim. In this universe, assuming the Dodgers never moved to LA, wouldn't the Angels have stayed at Wrigley Field?

That's a good point, I just left the star where it was on the California Angels logo and didn't think anything of it, that's an oversight on my part. I've updated the star on the post above to move it closer to the coast.

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Washington Nationals (Padres)]