MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE
22 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

It haunts me how well the Carolina Twins identity works and makes me irrationally fearful of relocation.

Oklahoma City "Marlins" is also just a gorgeous design.

Yeah, as a Twins fan myself, it wasn't quite as fun making some of those designs. I think they're pretty safe in Minnesota for at least a while.

20 hours ago, maxwasson said:

I really loved your take on the Kansas City Cowboys, that was a personal favorite of mine

Thanks, I figured that'd be one of yours.

5 hours ago, AusGiant said:

Awesome portfolio! This thread has kept me coming back to the concepts board over the past few months.

Care to share some of the names of those script fonts you've used? 

Thank you, I appreciate it! It wouldn't have been possible without the use of your template!

As for the script fonts, it would depend on which ones you're referring to, as some of them were handcrafted by me based off of actual MLB scripts, although others were actual fonts. Let me know which ones you're curious about, and I'll be glad to tell you if I used a font for them!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thank you, I appreciate it! It wouldn't have been possible without the use of your template!

As for the script fonts, it would depend on which ones you're referring to, as some of them were handcrafted by me based off of actual MLB scripts, although others were actual fonts. Let me know which ones you're curious about, and I'll be glad to tell you if I used a font for them!

Pleasure is mine!

Sure thing. 

- Atlanta Eagles jagged script

- Houston Buffaloes

- KC Cowboys

- LV Flamingoes

- The 2 LA Angels

- LA Browns

- The 2 Washington Senators

- Baltimore Orioles STL lookalike

Again beautiful stuff. The craft of the word marks are all top tier.

• Love 1

14 hours ago, AusGiant said:

Pleasure is mine!

Sure thing. 

- Atlanta Eagles jagged script

- Houston Buffaloes

- KC Cowboys

- LV Flamingoes

- The 2 LA Angels

- LA Browns

- The 2 Washington Senators

- Baltimore Orioles STL lookalike

Again beautiful stuff. The craft of the word marks are all top tier.

Sure, so:

• Atlanta Eagles: This one was custom made, based off of the Guardians' script, so unfortunately no font here.
  • Houston Buffaloes: This one is called Kerney Script, it's roughly analogous to old Orioles and Twins scripts.
  • Kansas City Cowboys: This one is a font called Buinton, which I added some "spikes" to in order to have that Western feel.
  • Las Vegas Flamingos: This one was also unfortunately custom, taken from the letters of the Marlins' scripts.
  • Los Angeles Angels (Twins) & Washington Senators (Twins): These scripts both combine this World Series font (thanks @coco1997) with letters from the Twins' new scripts. For the away wordmarks, I gathered as many letters as I could from the Twins' social media posts in order to create the letters I needed for the wordmarks, so unfortunately no font there.
  • Los Angeles Angels (Browns) & Los Angeles Browns: These both combine a font called Catchland (essentially the Dodgers' font) with letters from the old St. Louis Browns scripts.
  • Washington Senators (Rangers): No fonts were used for this one, I just borrowed @SFGiants58's recreation of the Senators script and used the Nationals' initial away wordmark sans the bevel.
  • Baltimore Orioles (Cardinals): This is another one that didn't use a font, as I just gathered what letters I could from the Cardinals' scripts and the ones @SFGiants58 created in his series.

I hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

I think your project unintentionally proved why the Brewers number font is great. Look how many classic designs it looks good paired next to.

Not sure I can pick a favorite in this series. Suffice to say this has been one of my favorite all time series on the CCSLC.

• Love 1

On 9/29/2023 at 3:55 PM, MilSox said:

I think your project unintentionally proved why the Brewers number font is great. Look how many classic designs it looks good paired next to.

Not sure I can pick a favorite in this series. Suffice to say this has been one of my favorite all time series on the CCSLC.

I actually only used it with 3 designs [Brewers (Braves), Cardinals, & Brewers (Cardinals)], but looking back I probably could’ve included it on more Milwaukee designs. Its proximity to regular block makes it work well with classic designs.

Thank you very much! I’m glad you enjoyed it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, schneepl23 said:

@MJD7 I would love (with your permission of course) to replicate these for OOTP.  Any chance you have some higher res images of the sleeve logos for these jerseys?  Absolutely amazing work. 😀

Thank you! It would be a lot for me to send you every single one, but send me a message with some specific ones you’d like & I’ll see if I can make it work.

On 9/30/2023 at 4:04 AM, MJD7 said:

Sure, so:

• Atlanta Eagles: This one was custom made, based off of the Guardians' script, so unfortunately no font here.
  • Houston Buffaloes: This one is called Kerney Script, it's roughly analogous to old Orioles and Twins scripts.
  • Kansas City Cowboys: This one is a font called Buinton, which I added some "spikes" to in order to have that Western feel.
  • Las Vegas Flamingos: This one was also unfortunately custom, taken from the letters of the Marlins' scripts.
  • Los Angeles Angels (Twins) & Washington Senators (Twins): These scripts both combine this World Series font (thanks @coco1997) with letters from the Twins' new scripts. For the away wordmarks, I gathered as many letters as I could from the Twins' social media posts in order to create the letters I needed for the wordmarks, so unfortunately no font there.
  • Los Angeles Angels (Browns) & Los Angeles Browns: These both combine a font called Catchland (essentially the Dodgers' font) with letters from the old St. Louis Browns scripts.
  • Washington Senators (Rangers): No fonts were used for this one, I just borrowed @SFGiants58's recreation of the Senators script and used the Nationals' initial away wordmark sans the bevel.
  • Baltimore Orioles (Cardinals): This is another one that didn't use a font, as I just gathered what letters I could from the Cardinals' scripts and the ones @SFGiants58 created in his series.

I hope that helps!

Awesome!! Thanks so much. I mainly just use Buinton and tinker for different teams so these are perfect! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In very exciting news, just in time for the holiday season, I’m going to start selling real-life versions of some of my MLB MULTIVERSE jersey designs, with the help of Pro Line Mockups! Here’s the link, pre-orders are available until the 22nd!

https://www.prolinemockups.com/apparel/p/mdrake-florida

XWFOef5.jpg

xqtFwa7.jpg

2H9TJz3.jpg

e9nnYwr.jpg

KTJztBU.jpg

Hopefully there will be more designs to come! Recommendations are welcome for future designs as well.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • WOAH 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE (Florida Sox Real-Life Jerseys For Sale)
46 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

Awesome news! Congratulations!

Hopefully the modern, Brown/Red St. Louis Browns and Salt Lake Twins (or Bees) become available.

Thank you! I'm really hoping to get enough pre-orders to make it a reality, along with other future designs.

The St. Louis Browns would be unlikely, just because I'm sure MLB still retains the trademarks for that name & those wordmarks. The Bees are a similar situation, but I suppose the Salt Lake Twins could be a possibility, although the jersey couldn't really directly reference the "Twins" name. It would probably have to be the "Salt Lake" alternate, if I did go ahead with it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thank you! I'm really hoping to get enough pre-orders to make it a reality, along with other future designs.

The St. Louis Browns would be unlikely, just because I'm sure MLB still retains the trademarks for that name & those wordmarks. The Bees are a similar situation, but I suppose the Salt Lake Twins could be a possibility, although the jersey couldn't really directly reference the "Twins" name. It would probably have to be the "Salt Lake" alternate, if I did go ahead with it.

Would you just print the St. Louis Browns jersey with a different nickname or just sell the road jerseys?

QNXVyki.png

1 hour ago, maxwasson said:

Would you just print the St. Louis Browns jersey with a different nickname or just sell the road jerseys?

What I was saying was that the St. Louis Browns wouldn't really be viable at all, because even the road jersey uses the actual "St. Louis" script that the team used to use back in the day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the Portland Athletics concepts! I would rather like them to move to Portland than Vegas, name would slot in nice when replacing Oakland. But unfortunately this will never happen as they're moving to Vegas.

I keep browsing these concepts, and my three favorites are the Portland A's, the NJ Mets (coming from a Mets fan from New Jersey), and the Los Angeles Browns! 

• 3 months later...

Here’s a look at the real-life version of the “Florida Sox” jersey! Be on the look-out for more MLB MULTIVERSE jerseys available for sale in the near future.

Q8G33mQ.jpg

GqvCzYP.jpg

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE