MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

46 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Probably the first one I haven’t really liked.

Not a huge fan of shoehorning the flag in the sleeve stripes. A simple design utilizing the flag colors would suffice.

Fair. I felt that I had to distinguish a bit more from the Milwaukee Braves set, which used the same color scheme in alluding to the German flag.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Braves relocated to Baltimore?

Per @coco1997: In 1949, Boston Braves owner Lou Perini made a failed bid to move his team to Baltimore before working out a deal with the City of Milwaukee. I wanted to incorporate the Maryland flag a bit more with this iteration.

LNgMMVy.png

ouQk4Zl.png

A2CuWad.png

RhtTLXN.png

Outstanding job creating that "Baltimore" script in the style of the Braves' scripts! I'm with @DCarp1231 in that I'm not totally sold on the flag-themed sleeve stripes, but I suppose they give the uniforms a little something extra. 

I came across a few more relocations that would fit the premise of this series, two of which happen to involve the Mets. Apologies if any of these have already been suggested:

Jersey City Mets – Once it became clear Shea Stadium would not be ready for the Mets’ inaugural 1962 season, International League President Tommy Richardson offered up Roosevelt Stadium (home of the Triple-A Jersey City Giants, who had great uniforms, by the way) to the Mets. The two teams would have split time at Roosevelt, but with the Giants moving to Jacksonville following the 1961 season, the Mets could have theoretically stayed in Jersey full-time.

Later, in 1971, with speculation that the Yankees could leave NYC if the City refused to fund renovations to Yankee Stadium prior to their lease ending in 1978, City Council president Sanford Garelik proposed the team share Shea Stadium with the Mets as a solution. Mets chairman M. Donald Grant responded that he’d recommend moving the team to Jersey if this happened.

Minneapolis-St. Paul Indians – In 1957, amidst a last place season and a shocking decline in attendance, Indians GM Hank Greenberg was fired when it came to light that he and several stockholders had begun a behind-the-scenes campaign to move the team to Minneapolis-St. Paul.

Montreal Mets - In 2014, the Herald de Paris ran an article suggesting the Wilpons were conspiring to cut the Mets' payroll and destroy fan interest in order to justify moving the team to baseball-starved Montreal so that they could then turn the valuable Citi Field site into a mixed-use development. (Side note: You could probably repurpose the "M" from your Minneapolis Millers concept for this one.)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Fair. I felt that I had to distinguish a bit more from the Milwaukee Braves set, which used the same color scheme in alluding to the German flag.

I think it brings a nice touch to the Baltimore Braves uniforms; subtle unlike the University of Maryland helmets

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Probably the first one I haven’t really liked.

Not a huge fan of shoehorning the flag in the sleeve stripes. A simple design utilizing the flag colors would suffice.

I don't know. It kinda fits the Braves branding. From afar it looks like it could be an indigineous pattern, but you g closer and see that it's the flag. That kinda works for me. I wouldn't mind seeing one that has more traditional striping like you suggested though.

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Outstanding job creating that "Baltimore" script in the style of the Braves' scripts! I'm with @DCarp1231 in that I'm not totally sold on the flag-themed sleeve stripes, but I suppose they give the uniforms a little something extra. 

Thanks! Yeah, I see the Maryland flag stripes don’t seem to be too popular, but I wanted to do something different than just slapping “Baltimore” on a Braves-style template.

17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I came across a few more relocations that would fit the premise of this series, two of which happen to involve the Mets. Apologies if any of these have already been suggested:

Jersey City Mets – Once it became clear Shea Stadium would not be ready for the Mets’ inaugural 1962 season, International League President Tommy Richardson offered up Roosevelt Stadium (home of the Triple-A Jersey City Giants, who had great uniforms, by the way) to the Mets. The two teams would have split time at Roosevelt, but with the Giants moving to Jacksonville following the 1961 season, the Mets could have theoretically stayed in Jersey full-time.

Later, in 1971, with speculation that the Yankees could leave NYC if the City refused to fund renovations to Yankee Stadium prior to their lease ending in 1978, City Council president Sanford Garelik proposed the team share Shea Stadium with the Mets as a solution. Mets chairman M. Donald Grant responded that he’d recommend moving the team to Jersey if this happened.

Minneapolis-St. Paul Indians – In 1957, amidst a last place season and a shocking decline in attendance, Indians GM Hank Greenberg was fired when it came to light that he and several stockholders had begun a behind-the-scenes campaign to move the team to Minneapolis-St. Paul.

Montreal Mets - In 2014, the Herald de Paris ran an article suggesting the Wilpons were conspiring to cut the Mets' payroll and destroy fan interest in order to justify moving the team to baseball-starved Montreal so that they could then turn the valuable Citi Field site into a mixed-use development. (Side note: You could probably repurpose the "M" from your Minneapolis Millers concept for this one.)

@DCarp1231 has suggested the Mets variations, I’ll see what I can do. This is gonna have to be the last of the suggestions though, I’d like to be able to finish this series eventually! 😂

9 hours ago, Dozap17 said:

I think it brings a nice touch to the Baltimore Braves uniforms; subtle unlike the University of Maryland helmets

Thanks, yeah I knew I wanted to include the flag, because I personally love it, but it had to be subtle, it’s very easy to overdo it.

• Like 1

What if… the Orioles relocate to Nashville?

Louis Angelos, son of owner Peter Angelos, is reportedly suing his brother John (and his mother, Georgia), accusing him of wanting to move the team to Tennessee, where he has a home.

LyG0fkO.png

Cpx9kHl.png

u4DlE0s.png

LX1Joiq.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Nashville Orioles]
5 hours ago, MJD7 said:

@DCarp1231 has suggested the Mets variations, I’ll see what I can do. This is gonna have to be the last of the suggestions though, I’d like to be able to finish this series eventually! 😂

Yeah, I'll admit that I actually found these last three a while ago, but I wanted to hold off on posting them until you got caught up on my previous big list of suggestions. 😅 As always, thanks for tackling my ideas!

The Nashville O's look great, by the way. That "Nashville" script is gorgeous, and I like the flag stars in the roundel. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Yeah, I'll admit that I actually found these last three a while ago, but I wanted to hold off on posting them until you got caught up on my previous big list of suggestions. 😅 As always, thanks for tackling my ideas!

The Nashville O's look great, by the way. That "Nashville" script is gorgeous, and I like the flag stars in the roundel. 

Thanks! I was originally going to just go with the cartoon bird on the sleeves, but the flag roundel was too perfect to pass up.

• Like 1

What if... the Browns relocated to Montreal (and changed their name)?

This is the same premise as my original Browns → Montreal design, but if they decided to beat Kansas City to the punch with "Royals." I went with purple because of its association with the British crown.

S18YeiG.png

voxgJDd.png

5u9yH1m.png

nIwfuGr.png

• Like 9

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Montreal Royals (Browns)]
3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Browns relocated to Montreal (and changed their name)?

This is the same premise as my original Browns → Montreal design, but if they decided to beat Kansas City to the punch with "Royals." I went with purple because of its association with the British crown.

S18YeiG.png

voxgJDd.png

5u9yH1m.png

nIwfuGr.png

Very nice! I think the scripts on the road and home alt might pop better with a white or gold outline, with maybe gold front numbers on the road alt. 

Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Very nice! I think the scripts on the road and home alt might pop better with a white or gold outline, with maybe gold front numbers on the road alt. 

Keep up the great work!

Much like the KC Royals are essentially just royal blue & white, I wanted to focus more-so on purple for the Montreal version, but having more of a co-balance with gold could work, too:

I03PXgA.png

NrCr4AO.png

wDkLQ1K.png

HXaqemV.png

• Like 5

13 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Much like the KC Royals are essentially just royal blue & white, I wanted to focus more-so on purple for the Montreal version, but having more of a co-balance with gold could work, too:

I03PXgA.png

NrCr4AO.png

wDkLQ1K.png

HXaqemV.png

Yeah, I definitely prefer this version! I know you wanted to focus on purple, but remember that St. Louis (particularly around the time the move to Montreal would have happened) distributed brown and orange pretty evenly on their uniforms, so this version feels more consistent with that. 

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Nashville Stars (Rays)]
3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Rays relocate to Nashville (and change their name)?

A Tampa City Council member said that Rays president Brian Auld told him that relocating to Nashville might be a possibility. It seems the team would be the "Stars," which keeps 3/4 letters of the old name.

mQ6bw6g.png

gjKLPKe.png

08sIkf4.png

AQce8no.png

What no SMASHville? (I'm just kidding, please dear god do not put that on a jersey)

• LOL 1

ZUH86xc.png

4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Rays relocate to Nashville (and change their name)?

A Tampa City Council member said that Rays president Brian Auld told him that relocating to Nashville might be a possibility. It seems the team would be the "Stars," which keeps 3/4 letters of the old name.

mQ6bw6g.png

gjKLPKe.png

08sIkf4.png

AQce8no.png

I personally think it would be a waste to name a Nashville team the “Stars,” but I do love the idea of an expansion team wanting to pay homage to the Negro Leagues.

Anyway, I love the concept. I’m a sucker for a good off-white home uniform, and the colors are giving me 2000s Astros vibes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I personally think it would be a waste to name a Nashville team the “Stars,” but I do love the idea of an expansion team wanting to pay homage to the Negro Leagues.

With neither of the LA teams likely to ever take the “Stars” name, I’d say it fits as well in Nashville as anywhere else. Plus, although it’s not the Grays, having a Negro League team name finally make its way into MLB would be pretty cool.

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Anyway, I love the concept. I’m a sucker for a good off-white home uniform, and the colors are giving me 2000s Astros vibes.

Someone on Twitter pointed out the resemblance to the 2004 All-Star Game jerseys, which I hadn’t noticed but it works well.

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

spacer.png

🤷‍♂️

Gu71Q1A.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

With neither of the LA teams likely to ever take the “Stars” name, I’d say it fits as well in Nashville as anywhere else. Plus, although it’s not the Grays, having a Negro League team name finally make its way into MLB would be pretty cool.

I guess I’m mainly opposed to it because there’s another 60+ year-old MLB team whose identity is based around a star logo.

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

🤷‍♂️

Gu71Q1A.jpg

Hey, if the Nats can still use their script “W” despite it being constantly compared to the Walgreens logo, I don’t see why this logo can’t work. :wink2:

12 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I guess I’m mainly opposed to it because there’s another 60+ year-old MLB team whose identity is based around a star logo.

That's true, but if you look at the 'Stros current, real-life identity, the star honestly plays a somewhat minor role in their brand, as it's always behind the "H," and not really used prominently anywhere anymore beyond the cap. It's also worth noting that the Phillies, Nationals, & Rangers all incorporate star imagery to a degree.

12 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Hey, if the Nats can still use their script “W” despite it being constantly compared to the Walgreens logo, I don’t see why this logo can’t work. :wink2:

True!

• Like 1

What if... the Rays relocate to Orlando (and change their name)?

This is the same premise as my original Rays → Orlando design, but if they changed their name to the group campaigning to get a team there, the "Dreamers." I based the color scheme off of the stadium renderings.

D0TlskG.png

FhrC9Wm.png

urddJEx.png

UYi2AX5.png

• Like 9