PGA Tour and LIV Golf announce Merger

The_Admiral

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Saudi Arabia bought the PGA, so that's pretty embarrassing.

Know nothing about golf and seeing this all over the news -- Need someone to explain this merger to me in WWE terms.

6uXNWAo.png

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Know nothing about golf and seeing this all over the news -- Need someone to explain this merger to me in WWE terms.

Imagine WWE and AEW merged into one giant entity.

The moral valence assigned to this whole golf split always struck me as very bizarre and very inside-baseball. Defector even tried to do a Washington Football Team and refused to call LIV anything other than "the Saudi golf tour." It made undeserving heroes of the PGA, in my opinion. "How does Phil Mickelson explain himself to the victims of 9/11" was laying it on way too thick.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

Saudis like those one-off WWE shows so much they create their own promotion and start signing talent from the States. WWE brass condemns them, sanctions the wrestlers who work in the new desert company, and says working with the Saudis would mean blood is on their hands. A few months later WWE agrees to merge with the Saudis and the Crown Prince's royal butt wiper is the head of the board of directors