NHL Revamp Series 32/32 - Detroit Red Wings

Patchey13

Starting strong with a full modernization of the Pittsburgh Penguins. I updated the Skating and Robo Pen logos, and decided to include Powder blue as a small accent into the main sets. Would love to get some feedback on these. I'm sitting on 10 teams completed already so I'll be dropping a new concept every couple days as I complete more teams. Up next will be the Stanley Cup Champion Golden Knights.

caGYerL.png

cC1xZbL.png

HIAPcrU.png

• Like 16

Up next is the Vegas Golden Knights

For Vegas, I wanted to lean into the whole over-the-top theme they are currently running with, but in my opinion, falling short with the execution. For the Home/Away jerseys, I tried to strike a better colour balance and gave the option of a Metallic flake gold helmet instead of the awful chrome they've used in the past. The Alternate jersey is a bit closer to the original gray jersey. The idea for the Winter Classic uniform was if the team originated in the late 80s or early 90s while still keeping a little bit of that Vegas flair.

Z8i4ptW.png

ne0zASt.png

kBaMBUt.jpg

rrAIhZD.png

Up next will be the New Jersey Devils

• Like 13

• Patchey13 changed the title to NHL Revamp Series 2/32 - Vegas Golden Knights

Next up is New Jersey. I wanted to keep it fairly simple but with more of an emphasis on Black in the whole scheme of things. The logo was redone and the red was also darkened to better fit the vibe I was going for. The Alternate adheres to the same principles as the home and away, with a darker forest green being paired with the black, and dropping the white from the logo.

zq1XxYI.png

6csY90V.png

T92eQZM.png

Up next will be a full rebrand of the Colorado Avalanche, so stay tuned for that.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

• Patchey13 changed the title to NHL Revamp Series 3/32 - New Jersey Devils

Hey, first reply! Thanks for the kind words.

Up next we have the Colorado Avalanche. Coming in with a full rebrand here. I love their current Navy alternate, and I think moving that direction was the right start. I wanted to lean into the Yeti/Bigfoot angle and created a new primary logo, as well as a modified foot secondary. For the Alt I based it off of their fantastic Stadium Series set, with some minor tweaks. There's also a new Tertiary logo featuring a snowflake and an A, similar to the current logos. I ended up moving in a different direction with the alternate and it was relegated to use on the pants

AeQ1zdo.png

sMjmpOo.png

ngLJ98Q.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Patchey13 changed the title to NHL Revamp Series 4/32 - Colorado Avalanche Full Rebrand

Not feeling the rebrand in the least, mostly because the Avs don't need one, prehaps just a refresh like you did with the Penguins and NJ, and have a really nice uniform home and road as it is, it just needs tweaks to keep things fresh. This rebrand is pretty bland compared with what they have and the navy and burgundy seems too dark. The Alternate is decent and my fave, probably because it keeps the colours and the style of the current set.

The Penguins reworked logos are nice, though the main skating penguin loses almost all of its whimsy, but I much prefer the striping on the 1980-86 uniforms and the 1992-97 jerseys, which have far more "heft" and also a lot more gold. Reducing the amount of gold on the home and the road feels like a backwards step, and the blue doesn't really add anything.

The VGK set is near perfect though, and the home and road for the Devils are also great.

Pitt - really nice modernization. I love the small blue stripe. 

Vegas - This is literally better than what they wear. I have long said that the red stripe on the current set makes no sense. It just floats on the arm. You fixed that. A+++

NJ - F'ing amazing. The darker red helps them stand out against other red/black teams. The mordernized logo is fantastic. And somehow that green alternate works incredibly well. The addition of black to that sweater really help it not look like a christmas sweater. This is not a case of BFBS at all. Black enhances that design alot IMO.

Avs - I love anything bigfoot, but the crest is a bit too busy for me. I am very curious about the "A snowflake" logo though. I wonder what that would look like on the primaries replacing the bigfoot crest... 

All in all, I love the start to this thread.

As promised, here is the Carolina Hurricanes.

This is actually a design I initially created and shared here 12 years ago, and always loved the idea of. Carolina is one of those teams who got it mostly right the first time, and have strayed further and further away with each change they have made. The idea with this concept is big bold, almost wind swept striping on the sleeves. The classic Flag pattern returns to the hemline and is included in the inside of the collar as well. The alternate uniform is one of my favorite personal designs, and I will fully acknowledge the flag isn't technically accurate, and they have since created a new logo. I will also acknowledge that I think the logo is total ass, and I much prefer the single flag design!

ABGNeNM.png

VexyqBf.png

hdRRwHF.png

I'd be interested in hearing some suggestions for the next team people want to see.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

• Patchey13 changed the title to NHL Revamp Series 5/32 - Carolina Hurricanes

While I’m not 100% feeling the final product, I like the idea for the Avs. I always loved the yeti angle. Using their normal blue along with it is a good idea. Don’t know if it’s just my phone but the navy looks black. 

Looks a little dark on my phone as well, but it's the proper navy color they use. I'm definitely interested in taking the Avs design further. I think the Primary logo definitely deserves another pass once the series is done.

Here's a quick mock-up of the Avs with the usual Blue + the snowflake logo. Definitely not a bad choice, but not the vibe I was going for initially. I think this would be an unreal start for a third jersey if I didn't LOVE the Mountain jersey so much.

WxH9QnU.png 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Patchey13 said:

Looks a little dark on my phone as well, but it's the proper navy color they use. I'm definitely interested in taking the Avs design further. I think the Primary logo definitely deserves another pass once the series is done.

Here's a quick mock-up of the Avs with the usual Blue + the snowflake logo. Definitely not a bad choice, but not the vibe I was going for initially. I think this would be an unreal start for a third jersey if I didn't LOVE the Mountain jersey so much.

WxH9QnU.png 

Personally this is my favourite of your Avs concepts. Love it. But I'm also not a big fan of navy in their colour scheme, and think their current jerseys are close to perfect. Anyways, great work!

• Patchey13 changed the title to NHL Revamp Series 6/32 - Boston Bruins

After a short hiatus due to work, we're back, and this time with the Winnipeg Jets. Two things I wanted to focus on this was the "wings" motif, as well as the return of Baby Blue.... I thought having the metallic silver material on the stripes similar to the pre-edge Predators would be very fitting here as well.  The alternate jersey keeps the same styling but returns to the more typical retro jets style, which I love.

9tbrWHx.png

fbULToa.png

saFRbyN.png

• Like 8

• Patchey13 changed the title to NHL Revamp Series 7/32 - Winnipeg Jets
1 hour ago, Patchey13 said:

After a short hiatus due to work, we're back, and this time with the Winnipeg Jets. Two things I wanted to focus on this was the "wings" motif, as well as the return of Baby Blue...seriously, we need more baby blue in our lives. I thought having the metallic silver material on the stripes similar to the pre-edge Predators would be very fitting here.  The alternate jersey keeps the same styling but returns to the more typical retro jets style, which I love.

9tbrWHx.png

fbULToa.png

saFRbyN.png

This is immediately better than their current set

ZUH86xc.png

I wasn't planning to post a new concept so soon, and I've been keeping new ones on the back burner while releasing previously finished ones, but I was too excited to not share this one. 

Up next we have the Edmonton Oilers. The Home and Away uniforms are nothing too far from what has been seen before, but I wanted to take the chance to go in a radically different direction for the alternate uniform. They're the OILers, why have they never used black? The color scheme is admittedly inspired by the 2000's Capitals. It also features the new secondary logo I created as the primary crest. The Heritage uniform is just an alternate faux-back-inspired design but I think it would look really good in full uniform with the outdoor background

FroNfhE.png

B0eLJXr.png

lb88B1t.png

ODRAMVj.png

• Like 5