NHL Revamp Series 32/32 - Detroit Red Wings

Patchey13

2 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Both the home and road would look so much better without the hoop being broken by the side panel on the jersey, it looks really unpleasant as is.

You're right. Looking at the current uniforms they ignore those side panels entirely. I'll fix that up

Coyotes are up next.

While I love the current Kachina set, I wanted to go in a slightly different direction. Inspired in combination by the Purple reverse retros,  and the Phoenix Suns, I decided to lean much more into the purple and orange color scheme. Something entirely unique to the NHL.

The Alternate is one I had a ton of fun creating. Leaning heavily into the Desert night vibes from the reverse retro set, the entire jersey consists of an orange > purple > black gradient and promoting the alternate moon logo to the forefront. The cactus pants make a return as well, because they are too perfect. I genuinely think this uniform would become an instant classic....if the Coyotes managed to stay around in the league that is.

gfoIqDX.png

nvSYFrP.png

lnmlZdW.png

• Like 6

• Patchey13 changed the title to NHL Revamp Series 14/32 - Arizona Coyotes

First time seeing this thread and i'm blown away, there are some seriously stellar designs in here. The Pittsburgh, and Carolina ones stand out to me.

One comment on this, what if you flipped this crest horizontally to get an E? Would make more sense imo.

On 8/5/2023 at 1:53 AM, Patchey13 said:

lb88B1t.png

• Love 1

Up next is another O6 team. The Toronto Maple Leafs. 

Didn't try to reinvent the wheel with this one, just wanted to solidify a classic identity. The alternate uniform is directly inspired by the Digital Jersey series from NHL 22. Not a mind-blowing creative design, but something I've always thought the leafs would look great doing. The uniform DOES switch to a Navy blue and has a throw back to the St.Pats on the inside collar.

W6buZnW.png

AtqO0tS.png

9YsliIB.png

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1

• Patchey13 changed the title to NHL Revamp Series 15/32 - Toronto Maple Leafs

Up next is actually the first concept I created for the series. The Buffalo Sabres. 

I kept it fairly simple, with an alternate take of their currently perfect look. The logo has been updated, and the B sword returns as an alternate mark. There's also a small memorial patch for the recently passed Rick Jeanneret.

For the alternate uniform, instead of going with the Goat head or something similar, I decided to lean into the metallic gold they used for their incredible anniversary uniforms a few years back.

0LhhvgE.png

QRbuSSl.png

Hvdehsj.png

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• Patchey13 changed the title to NHL Revamp Series 16/32 - Buffalo Sabres
4 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

Up next is actually the first concept I created for the series. The Buffalo Sabres. 

I kept it fairly simple, with an alternate take of their currently perfect look. The logo has been updated, and the B sword returns as an alternate mark. There's also a small memorial patch for the recently passed Rick Jeanneret.

For the alternate uniform, instead of going with the Goat head or something similar, I decided to lean into the metallic gold they used for their incredible anniversary uniforms a few years back.

0LhhvgE.png

QRbuSSl.png

Hvdehsj.png

I liked that you emphasized the Sabre in their logo over the Buffalo. It's something that's always bothered be about the team their FROM Buffalo not named the Buffalos. Great job 

• Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

That's exactly it, and it's not a mind-blowing concept. Seen quite a few with the exact same idea, but I think this one came out really nicely. The old logo is an absolute classic but I think a little push into the 21st century would be perfect for them.

• Like 1

Toronto home and aways are perfect, no notes.

Sabres look good but maybe too many stripes for my taste. That alternate is very sharp but I wonder how it would look with a stencilized gold/navy version of the goat head? Might be a nice bridge between them.

• Love 1

Up next is my Hometown team. The Vancouver Canucks.

I was inspired by their 2019 alternate uniform, which I think was nearly perfect. The inside of the collar features the mountain range design used on the current alternate uniform. I contemplated flipping the logo's colors for the white uniform but loved how clean it looked. 

The alternate is a combination of the Flying V and the 85/86 uniforms but with the addition of a thin white stripe on the arms, as a small nod to the flying lines on the Skate logo. The typical Red was also switched out for the earlier orange-red which is somewhat forgotten about in the Canucks uniform history in my opinion. The gloves and pants are straight from the 80s uniforms as well.

2YDHVQc.png

xg9aFWs.png

voJRPYB.png

We're now over halfway through the project. Some of the teams on the docket are the Sharks, Stars, and Ducks, so stay tuned!

• Like 10

• Patchey13 changed the title to NHL Revamp Series 17/32 - Vancouver Canucks

As promised, up next is the Sharks.

This is a bit of a funny one to me, as it's the rebrand I did last year when their current look was unveiled. However, this look has actually really grown on me to become one of my top 5 in the league. 

I always thought the Sharks would look great with a light gold colour in place of orange, as it really sells the whole beach vibes. The primary and secondary logos are completely original with small modifications from my previous post almost a year ago.

The Alternate set is the one big change I made from the previous concept post, which was actually received very well, I wanted to go in another direction as I didn't really love it. It's a bit more of a standard sharks look, but the arm stripes evoke the imagery of Sharks teeth.  

KBpUTac.png

Hj9bo9g.png

6d7kx4X.png

• Like 7

• Patchey13 changed the title to NHL Revamp Series 18/32 - San Jose Sharks

Up next we have the Dallas Stars.

I LOVE the Stars uniforms. Probably top 3 in the NHL for me personally, but they're one of the teams that have a clear direction they should move to if they were ever to switch, and almost every Stars concept I find does the same thing. I wanted to go a different path this time.

I did bring back the Stars previous color scheme, but kept the current lighter green. The overall colour balance is similar to the Star uniform set, leaning a bit more into the black than their present look.

The current alternates are very fresh and modern, so I decided to pivot back to more of a retro look, with a bit of a callback to the North Stars, and using their Winter Classic branding. I also use the San Diego Padres font which I think is absolutely PERFECT for the set. Probably my favorite font pairing to a kit of the entire series so far.

hHkThgM.png

n1BsI1g.png

OZyX5HA.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1