9 minutes ago, Topherlee2 said:

I lived in Grandview all my life until I moved recently, and I didn't know a team played in Grandview.

Yeah I didn't know about this team's existence until I did research for this project and even then I didn't find out about them until after I finalized the original list of concepts in this series. Like I said earlier, information on this team is very scarce, It's probably the most obscure ABA team based in Kansas City, I was able to easily find more info on the Knights and Grillers. 

QNXVyki.png

10 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

I'd have loved to see a ghost mascot/secondary logo for the Soul

I don't think I thought of that during the planning process, but that is a cool idea, I do have the "KC Reapers" coming up near the end of March/beginning of April, that has a similar theme. 

QNXVyki.png

• 2 weeks later...

After a little bit of a 2-week wait, I'm back and in this part of the series we imagine what if the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs were a soccer/association football club?

Here is where the Chiefs are reimagined as a soccer club named "Kansas City FC" or "KCFC" for short as a member of the MLS.

BRANDING

KCFC-Branding.png

I asked the artist I commissioned to design a KC insignia based on the Athletics and Blues cap logos. The font used for the wordmarks and primary logos was Freshman.

EXTRA SCRIPTS & INSIGNIAS

KCFC-Extra-Script-Logos-and-Insignias.pn

And here are the extra script and insignia logos put together for KCFC.

SOCCER UNIFORMS

KCFC-Soccer-Uniforms.png

Now as the title suggests, I put together 2 sets of uniforms for Kansas City FC as a soccer club and as a gridiron football team, here is the soccer set with a yellow home kit, and a red away kit, with Whataburger as the jersey sponsor.

FOOTBALL FIELD AND UNIFORMS

KCFC-Football-Field-and-Uniforms.png

This is the football field design and gridiron football set for Kansas City FC, Consider this a revision of my Kansas City Football Team concept from last year.

EXTRA FIELDS

KCFC-Extra-Fields.png

I also put a together a yellow and black home fields for KCFC, and custom Super Bowl fields with the KCFC branding. 

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City FC (MLS/NFL)

Hey that's great, but who are the CHEFS?

Great googly moogly!

Based on this famous Snickers commercial 

I decided to rebrand the Chiefs as the "Chefs" with a chef mascot, as you will see here

BRANDING

Chefs-Branding.png

I reused the Allotrope Heavy Bold font from my original Chiefs redesign concept, the insignia logos have also been reused as well, the mascot is a chef with a red chef's hat and golden facial hair. 

EXTRA SCRIPTS & INSIGNIAS

Chefs-Extra-Script-and-Insignia-Logos.pn

And here are the extra script logos I put together.

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

Chefs-Field-and-Uniforms.png

Here are the Chefs home field and uniform set.

EXTRA FIELDS

ieU8b1i.png

Then you have the extra fields I assembled, there's 2 home fields with yellow and black endzones, and all the Super Bowl fields that the Chiefs/Chefs have had their endzones in (LIV, LV, LVII, and LVIII)

• Love 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City FC (MLS/NFL) + Kansas City Chefs (NFL)

In this round of Kansas City Chiefs redesigns, Is one I've been wanting to do for a while now, this has the Chiefs changing their name to the "Reapers" the moniker originates from Patrick Mahomes' nickname that was coined after his signature 2022 AFC divisional round win against the Buffalo Bills where Mahomes became "The Grim Reaper"

BRANDING

ljRDMDR.png

The mascot here is a combination of KC Wolf, the Chiefs' current on-field mascot and Death from Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, the font used for the wordmarks, insignias, and jersey numbers was Anxiety of Sadness. 

EXTRA SCRIPTS AND INSIGNIAS

YY4BW3D.png

Here are the extra script logos and insignias I put together for the Reapers.

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

fmmxubx.png

I put together a 5-piece uniform set for the Reapers with a red home, a white away, and red/white/black alternates. 

EXTRA FIELDS

uyHQ0iI.png

Here are the extra fields I put together with 2 home fields that have yellow and black endzones, and then the Super Bowl fields for each of the Chiefs 4 Super Bowl appearances in the last 5 years. 

On the subject of Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, can you imagine how sick it would be if Death's whistle was like a pregame echo at Arrowhead Stadium to strike fear into the visiting team? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • WOAH 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Reapers (NFL)

Up next on the block, is my first ever college team concept! I've been wanting to do this one for a long time as well, I've since some other fictional colleges on this forum and it's time to throw my hat into the ring. 

BRANDING

Kansas-Tech-Branding.png

Say hello to the Kansas Tech Jackals! They represent the athletics program of Kansas Tech University which is based in the north side of Kansas City, KS (close to the Quindaro Bluffs neighborhood), I commissioned a jackal mascot for the university's athletics program brushed with a violet and red color scheme, the Kansas Tech Jackals compete in the NCAA's Division II inside of the KCMO-based Mid-America Intercollegiate Association. The font used for the jersey numbers was Pronave Regular.

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

Kansas-Tech-Extra-Script-Logos.png

Here are the extra wordmarks I put together for the Kansas Tech Jackals.

EXTRA INSIGNIA/PRIMARY/ALTERNATE LOGOS

Kansas-Tech-Extra-Insignia-Logos.png

Here are the extra insignia logos, and alternate logos for Kansas Tech, there's a special insignia logo with a violet and red gradient, and a mascot logo with a white outline to contrast a red background, an MIAA logo in Kansas Tech's colors, and a violet Under Armour logo, the shoe brand that Kansas Tech is partnered with.

BASEBALL/SOFTBALL UNIFORMS

Kansas-Tech-Baseball-Uniforms.png

For baseball and softball, I put together a standard set of 4 uniforms with a white home, a gray road, a red home alternate and a violet road alternate.

FOOTBALL FIELD AND UNIFORMS

Kansas-Tech-Football-Field-and-Uniforms.

I put together a home field with violet endzones for the Jackals, as well as a 6-piece football uniform set with a home, away, and all violet/white/red/black alternates. 

Kansas-Tech-Football-Field-Black-Endzone

And here is an alternate home field with black endzones.

BASKETBALL COURTS

Kansas-Tech-Home-Court.png

The Kansas Tech men's and women's basketball programs would play their home games at the on-campus Price Chopper Center.

Kansas-Tech-Home-Court-Black.png

There's also an alternate black court for the Jackals.

BASKETBALL UNIFORMS

Kansas-Tech-Basketball-Uniforms.png

As for the basketball uniforms, there's a 4-piece set with a white home, a violet away, and 2 red/black alternates.

SOCCER UNIFORMS

Kansas-Tech-Soccer-Uniforms.png

We get on to the soccer set with has an interesting shoulder layout with a mascot logo on the left shoulder and then the conference patch on the right shoulder, with a red home kit and a violet away kit for Kansas Tech's soccer programs.

STADIUM LOGOS

Stadium-Logos.png

Each component of the Kansas Tech athletics program in this concept has their own on-campus home field with sponsored names. The baseball program plays at Braum's Field, the softball program plays at Buffalo Wild Wings Park, the football program plays at Pizza Hut Stadium, the basketball programs (M/W) play at the aforementioned Price Chopper Center, and the soccer programs (M/W) play at Hallmark Field. 

MIAA REALIGNMENT

MIAA-Realignment.png

With Kansas Tech being added into the MIAA, the MIAA expands to 16 teams with the IRL departure of Lincoln (MO) who is going to the GLVC, and the IRL addition of Arkansas-Fort Smith, the MIAA in this fictional scenario also adds current affiliate member; Southeastern Oklahoma State as a full member to bring the conference up to 16 teams with 4 regional pods.

OZARKS: Arkansas-Fort Smith, Missouri Southern, Northeastern State, Pittsburg State

SOUTHERN PLAINS: Central Oklahoma, Newman, Rogers State, Southeastern Oklahoma State

KAW VALLEY: Central Missouri, Kansas Tech, Missouri Western, Washburn

NORTHERN PLAINS: Emporia State, Fort Hays State, Nebraska-Kearney, Northwest Missouri State

For baseball, current affiliate member Augustana would extend its affiliate membership towards baseball in the MIAA as a stand-in for Nebraska-Kearney in the Northern Plains pod, because Nebraska-Kearney does not sponsor a baseball program.

As for how the scheduling pods work, It tends to vary in each sport

FOOTBALL: Each team will play 3 in-pod games, and 6 random out-of-pod games

BASKETBALL: Each team would have 6 home-and-home games against in-pod opponents and 12 games against all non-pod opponents with rotating home and away games each year. 

BASEBALL/SOFTBALL: Each team would play a 3-game series against in-pod opponents 3x (9 games) and a 3-game series against random out-of-pod opponents 5x (15 games) 

SOCCER: Each team would play 3-in pod games, and 5 random out-of-pod games 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Reapers (NFL) + Kansas Tech Jackals (NCAA)
On 3/30/2024 at 11:52 AM, maxwasson said:

In this round of Kansas City Chiefs redesigns, Is one I've been wanting to do for a while now, this has the Chiefs changing their name to the "Reapers

This looks like an EXTREME 1990s team design. And I love it.

2 hours ago, Coiler said:

This looks like an EXTREME 1990s team design. And I love it.

The logo is somewhat reminiscent of the Toronto Phantoms of the Arena Football League in the early 2000s.

QNXVyki.png

• 2 weeks later...

After a bit of a hiatus, I'm back with 2 redesign concepts for the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs, to round-out all the Chiefs designs in this series. 

BRANDING

Chiefs-Branding.png

Starting off with a refresh of the classic Chiefs Arrowhead logo, this time with a slightly different Arrowhead design a red outline on the Arrowhead design, and a red and yellow "KC" insignia. 

EXTRA SCRIPTS AND INSIGNIAS

Chiefs-Extra-Scripts-and-Insignias.png

And here are all the extra Chiefs scripts and insignias put together for this redesign.

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

Chiefs-Field-and-Uniforms.png

The new Chiefs field comes with a noticeably bigger Arrowhead than the one currently at midfield inside Arrowhead Stadium, and for the black uniform I made a special black Chiefs logo. 

EXTRA FIELDS

Chiefs-Extra-Fields.png

I put together 2 home fields with yellow and black endzones, plus multiple Super Bowl fields (LIV, LV, LVII, LVIII, and LIX) with yellow and red endzones. 

Now on to the design #2, which swaps out the Arrowhead design for a dreamcatcher design

BRANDING

Chiefs-Branding.png

I've had this idea for a little while, and I'm suprised no one's ever thought of a "dreamcatcher" design for the Chiefs before, but here it is!

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

Chiefs-Field-and-Uniforms.png

The dreamcatcher logo now takes up not only midfield, but also the area close to the north and south side of the 50-yard line, and just like with the Arrowhead refresh, there is a black version of the Dreamcatcher logo.

EXTRA FIELDS

Chiefs-Extra-Fields.png

For the yellow Super Bowl endzones, I had to put together a "white" version of the dreamcatcher design to contrast with the yellow background. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Chiefs (Redesign) (NFL)

For this next part of the series we take a detour and head to Fort Worth, Texas! and wonder what if the Kansas City Royals had a Triple-A minor league baseball affiliate based in the Panther City?

BRANDING

Cattlemen-Branding.png

The color scheme and insignia logo were inspired by the Omaha Storm Chasers' What-If-Night, where they known as the "Omaha Cattlemen" for a game, I decided to ask the artist I commissioned to take the Cattlemen and put them in America's largest cowtown of Fort Worth, TX. The font used for the scripts was Roadstore Regular, and the mascot is a brahma, a traditional symbol of Fort Worth as can be seen in historic downtown or the city flag. 

EXTRA HOME SCRIPT LOGOS

Cattlemen-Home-Scripts.png

Here are the extra home scripts I designed for the Cattlemen, I also made some "Royals-style" scripts with the help of Struck Base. 

EXTRA ROAD SCRIPT LOGOS

Cattlemen-Road-Scripts.png

And here are the extra road scripts I put together for the Cattlemen.

EXTRA CAP LOGOS

Cattlemen-Extra-Insignias.png

Here are the rest of the cap logos for the Cattlemen, I also made a few "Royals-style" cap logos with the font Century Schoolbook to try and replicate the Royals cap logo. 

UNIFORMS

Cattlemen-Uniforms.png

I put together 2 uniform sets for the Cattlemen, the first set pictured above is a standard 5-piece set with a white home, and gray road uniform, a light brown home alternate, a navy road alternate with a cap logo featuring the mascot and a "city edition" uniform that has the Fort Worth skyline on the jersey and a white cap that resembles the actual Omaha Cattlemen cap used during the promotion. 

Cattlemen-Uniforms-Royals-style.png

And for the second set it is Royals-themed, with a 4-piece set that mimicks the Royals home, away, powder blue, and blue alternates. 

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Chiefs (Redesign) (NFL) + Fort Worth Cattlemen (AAA)