NHL Jerseys - Primary & Clash [32/?? Done]

CRDesigns

I have a strong passion for soccer, particularly its jerseys. The intriguing aspect of distinct color-on-color pairings fascinates me. This innovation not only brings a unique charm but also eliminates the necessity for every team to don a plain white jersey. Drawing inspiration from this, I've extended the concept to the NHL in my latest project. This involves the implementation of a "Primary" and "Clash" jersey framework, aimed at reducing the prevalence of white jerseys across the league. Additionally, each team will be provided with two alternate jerseys to further enhance variety.

We will be going in reverse alphabetical order for this series, so I have Winnipeg, Washington, Vegas, and Vancouver for you today.

Winnipeg Jets

spacer.png

Washington Capitals

s7TDSY2.png

Vegas Golden Knights

AyubW8b.png

Vancouver Canucks

H1NSVew.png

Feedback is always appreciated! Hoping to update this thread once per day, since I have already nearly completed the series entirely.

• Like 1

Love your concepts. One thing with this structure that i like is for a team like the Jets with different color palettes to pull from it lets you do that. The Jets I like in their current colors but can never go wrong with navy, red, and white either so this way you can do both!

1 hour ago, RichardWitham said:

also for clash kits, dont be afraid to not use team colors. they have to be diffrent from teams with similar colors, so keep that in mind. 

This was definitely taken into consideration - The way I envision this working out is the home team gets to pick their jersey first and then the visitors have to pick something different enough.

Howdy everyone!
Here's the next 4 teams in the Primary / Clash series: Toronto, Tampa, St. Louis, Seattle!

Toronto Maple Leafs

hsC8kfW.png

Tampa Bay Lightning

cbYAn2w.png

St. Louis Blues

EiMiMmy.png

Seattle Kraken

dNF8SHn.png

I'm pretty sure I just completely stopped changing the "alt 1" and "alt 2" text for the graphics after this point lol. A common theme you'll see is having at least one of the alts being a throwback / fauxback style. Feedback is appreciated, as always!

• Like 3

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Jerseys - Primary & Clash [8/32 Done]
  • CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Jerseys - Primary & Clash [12/32 Done]

Happy Wednesday!
Here's part 4 - NYR, NYI, NJD, NSH!

New York Rangers

v5NUYO3.png

New York Islanders

akl5oRz.png

New Jersey Devils

6YFK0KX.png

NashviLLe Predators

g9wwLUL.png

This is a group of jerseys that I am personally very proud of. Specifically my NJD Alternates. Feedback is appreciated, as always! :D 

• Like 3

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Jerseys - Primary & Clash [16/32 Done]

Hello hello!
Time for the next drop of designs here! We have MTL, MIN, LAK, and FLA!

Montreal Canadiens

v0l0nC7.png

Minnesota Wild

oXQHdGs.png

Los Angeles Kings

FFH0IR2.png

Florida Panthers

WPdSTqV.png

This dump has a good chunk of jerseys that I am really proud of, with some others slightly less so. Feedback appreciated as always!

• Like 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Jerseys - Primary & Clash [20/32 Done]

On the Wild jerseys, have you thought about using the primary color scheme across any of the other jerseys? Compared to some of the other sets, it looks the most out of place, since the rest use their normal colors. Just a thought, love the work! CBJ next please!

Some really nice designs and good ideas here

My thoughts on all the jerseys

Jets – Good set, like all the Jerseys here, though the whiteout is more of a greyout.

Caps – The home and the road look great, the first alt is a bit too similar to the road in colour, could do with different logos to distinguish it from the clash. Not feeling the cream on the second alt, white would look nicer.

Vegas – The sparkly gold looks really chintzy (which is a similar problem I have with the Knights jerseys IRL) and the crossed swords and star logo is missed on them. Also you’ve got three jerseys that have a similar colour scheme, which feels a bit redundant.

Canucks – Apart from the stripes on the front of the Alt being too high up (it would look a lot better having it moved down so that the stick in rink isn’t over the stripes), this is a real solid set.

Leafs – Decent set, though I would have liked to have seen the 2014 Winter Classic striping on one jersey at least

Tampa Bay – The home, road and Alt 1 are really good. Like the Canucks Alt 1, the Bolts Alt 2 could do with the design moved down so that the logo isn’t over it. I’d also use white instead of the light grey for the main sleeve and hem stripes for the home and clash.

Blues – Home and Road look great, not sold on the pretty drab first alternate when a navy jersey would be a lot more fitting for a team named the Blues.

Seattle – Primary looks great, as does the road except for the red collar trim which would look much nicer with the ice blue. The first alternate has really nasty colours (Mariners colours are much nicer IMO and more fitting for the Kraken), the second alternate is great.

Sharks – Home and road are great, the first alternate would look a lot nicer with the pattern being confined to the centre stripe.

Penguins – The Primary should really be the clash, and the primary should really be black. Not feeling the clash at all, and with the gold triangle representing the golden triangle of Pittsburgh, the recoloured logos for the clash and the second alternate lose that meaning. The first Alternate is really good though.

Flyers – not feeling the mismatched sleeves and hem of the primary and clash, and it feels like there is too much black on the primary. The two alts are good, but the F logo, while nice enough, isn’t the classic flyers logo, which is one of the best in the business.

Sens – home and change are great, though swapping the gold out for black for the home collar would be an upgrade. The first change is nice, but I would have kept the white on the logo and made the center stripe white and put shoulder logos on it too.

Rangers – I would make either the first or the second alt white, as you’ve got three blue jerseys. Otherwise, this is another good set.

Islanders – Not a fan of the anchor/Brooklyn Bridge logo, as Brooklyn Bridge isn’t in Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk Counties) and the team didn’t have a good time at the Barclays Center, which was a bad venue for Hockey. Apart from that, I like all the jerseys here.

NJ – Love all of the Jerseys here, probably the best set IMHO.
Preds – Another solid set, I dig the alternate and the home and road are the definition of simple but effective.

MTL – Home and Road are classic habs, the powder blue and cream do not go well with each other at all and it would look a lot nicer with the medium blue.

Wild – The home is okay, but I like the road a lot more and feel like that should be the home. The alternates are really nice too.

LA – this set is great, and glad the Burger King and a gold alternate is present.

Florida – The home and Road are great, not sure why you stuffed the panther into the fridge for the first alternate, as the gold would look great and it’s separated from the powder blue. The Vice set looks nice.

All in all, there is a lot more good ideas than bad, looking forward to the final 12 teams.

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone! 
I may be posting a 2nd or even 3rd drop today, I would like to have all of the teams posted before Wednesday as I leave for a week vacation.
Here's our next 4 teams: EDM, DET, DAL, CBJ

Edmonton Oilers

xtb18GA.png

Detroit Red Wings

Gfpfztk.png

Dallas Stars

Pg0HOYv.png

Columbus Blue Jackets

pNpiR9U.png

I definitely made some bold design choices here, some for better and some for worse. I am personally super proud of how the CBJ alt 2 turned out. Feedback appreciated, as always!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Jerseys - Primary & Clash [24/32 Done]

Good morning everybody!
Ive got 4 more teams for you today: COL, CHI, CAR, CGY

Colorado Avalanche

k2zeSk2.png

Chicago Blackhawks

BF1MKop.png

Carolina Hurricanes

B41wM9j.png

Calgary Flames

bR9pPYQ.png

The last 4 jerseys will either be posted early tomorrow, or next week. Feedback appreciated, as always!

• Like 3

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Jerseys - Primary & Clash [28/32 Done]
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

I was on a week's vacation, so apologies for leaving you guys hanging for the "finale" of this series....
Actually, I think I might do some defunct teams if theres interest for that.

Anyways, heres our Final Four of the current franchises: BUF, BOS, ARI, ANA

Buffalo Sabres

1YUnZAQ.png

Boston Bruins

f27nnX7.png

Arizona Coyotes

s5PiZ1S.png

Anaheim Ducks

W3jHnZT.png

THANK YOU to everyone who has followed the series! Feedback appreciated as always, and let me know if youre interested in seeing some defunct teams.

• Like 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to NHL Jerseys - Primary & Clash [32/?? Done]