This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

13 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

A full smaller stadium is not merely perception; it is a significant contributing factor to the quality of the broadcast presentation. The league can be successful if its television ratings can continue to attract sponsorships, and if those ratings allow the league to continue to sell its television rights to major networks. Revenue from attendance is unimportant by comparison.

No, it emphatically was not. If that R logo had been a "DR" designed for the Dallas Renegades, then that logo would have been used by the Dallas Renegades.  However, by the time that R logo came into existence, the name Dallas Renegades was gone, and there was thus no need for any "DR" logo. Kindly stop railing against objective reality.

If you don't think it's possible that that logos was designed intending to be used for the Dallas Renegades, left on the "cutting room floor", so-to-speak, only to have the new owners see it and decide to use it for Arlington, then you clearly have no understanding of how designing works.

"it is a significant contributing factor to the quality of the broadcast presentation. The league can be successful if its television ratings can continue to attract sponsorships, and if those ratings allow the league to continue to sell its television rights to major networks."

You literally used an example of "perception" to say it's not perception. And if attendance wasn't any kind of factor, then every league on earth would be playing in empty fields instead of massive stadiums.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Well, I’m going to acknowledge not being the greatest at research.

(I still think the Panthers should remain in Michigan, but to each their own)

44 minutes ago, McCall said:

"it is a significant contributing factor to the quality of the broadcast presentation. The league can be successful if its television ratings can continue to attract sponsorships, and if those ratings allow the league to continue to sell its television rights to major networks."

The league itself seems to be more focused on butts in front of TV screens instead of at the ball game, for this year. I think they will change that view if in Year 3 we're still looking at below 10,000 seats at any stadium in the league.

I also think that next year has to be deciding point for moving teams, not this year. Detroit is a strange situation because I've never seen a venue seem to not care about the team that's playing there. From the lateness of selling season and then single game tickets, to reports that the city is happy to let them leave. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Tell that to Houston. A team who has to fight every season apparently to get a home field

This comment makes no sense.  TDECU stadium was being renovated this year.  XFL fans knew last year that any Houston team would have to be in a different stadium...

And that's the same Stadium the XFL Roughnecks were in in 2020... so they weren't fighting to get a home field LAST season either. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PTrudellJr said:

This comment makes no sense.  TDECU stadium was being renovated this year.  XFL fans knew last year that any Houston team would have to be in a different stadium...

And that's the same Stadium the XFL Roughnecks were in in 2020... so they weren't fighting to get a home field LAST season either. 

Anyway, someone already corrected me.

Just me thinking about people talking about bringing back the New Jersey Generals. Has anyone considered using Highpoint.com (Rutgers) instead of Red Bull Arena? I know the distance is twice that to NYC, but the name of the team is New Jersey so why should they keep trying to be in the NYC area when a purpose built football stadium is right up the road? Not only that they have similar colors to the team that could be placed there, and you have more space to grow (52,000 seats) if the team gets the buy-in from locals.

1150632653.jpg.jpg

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Just me thinking about people talking about bringing back the New Jersey Generals. Has anyone considered using Highpoint.com (Rutgers) instead of Red Bull Arena? I know the distance is twice that to NYC, but the name of the team is New Jersey so why should they keep trying to be in the NYC area when a purpose built football stadium is right up the road? Not only that they have similar colors to the team that could be placed there, and you have more space to grow (52,000 seats) if the team gets the buy-in from locals.

1150632653.jpg.jpg

I think that they would consider it if they are able to bring the New York Guardians back and if they are able to secure the ability to place the Guardians at the new Queens stadium that New York City FC is planning.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Curious to know if the following cities can work for the UFL: Chicago, Denver, Oakland, Phoenix and San Diego.  

The Coliseum is supposed to be fixed up for the two Oakland soccer teams, so adding a renewed Invaders team would probably see them get around 15,000-20,000 depending on who's on the team. Denver is talked about by many as a possible add if they can get placed in Dick's Sporting Goods Park. DSG being a league affiliate might help a little bit in getting a team there. Phoenix probably won't work because of how apathetic they can be, and San Diego is a case of too many teams (2 soccer, 1 college football, 1 rugby, 1 MLB team) and not enough space on the schedule for the two best stadium options. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

The Coliseum is supposed to be fixed up for the two Oakland soccer teams, so adding a renewed Invaders team would probably see them get around 15,000-20,000 depending on who's on the team. Denver is talked about by many as a possible add if they can get placed in Dick's Sporting Goods Park. DSG being a league affiliate might help a little bit in getting a team there. Phoenix probably won't work because of how apathetic they can be, and San Diego is a case of too many teams (2 soccer, 1 college football, 1 rugby, 1 MLB team) and not enough space on the schedule for the two best stadium options. 

What about Chicago?

Yeah, the amount of tenants and dates at Snapdragon Stadium make a UFL team impossible.  

41 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

What about Chicago?

Yeah, the amount of tenants and dates at Snapdragon Stadium make a UFL team impossible.  

I think Bridgeview could be an option since the Fire play at Soldier Field now. The only other team out there are the Red Stars. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think SeatGeek Stadium for a Chicago team could work. Also, if the NY area had one team, I think it would be better if they could play at NYCFC's future stadium. If thought they could go two, then I think Red Bull Arena and NYCFC would be the best options, assuming availability, of course. I still think Columbus could be a good option at HSC, which, honestly, looks more like a football stadium than the  soccer stadiums these days. No doubt Canton has probably the better stadium, but I think Columbus has the better market. Although they could go by "Ohio" and maybe play a couple games in Canton.

• Yawn 1

15 hours ago, McCall said:

I think SeatGeek Stadium for a Chicago team could work. Also, if the NY area had one team, I think it would be better if they could play at NYCFC's future stadium. If thought they could go two, then I think Red Bull Arena and NYCFC would be the best options, assuming availability, of course. I still think Columbus could be a good option at HSC, which, honestly, looks more like a football stadium than the  soccer stadiums these days. No doubt Canton has probably the better stadium, but I think Columbus has the better market. Although they could go by "Ohio" and maybe play a couple games in Canton.

I think the league would choose Canton over Columbus, unless it was at LDC, not HCS. Canton is most likely cheaper than even HCS to rent out and the seating setup is much better than at HCS. Unless the season was extended to 12 games, I don't see a reason to use both stadiums except as a workaround for scheduling. But even then, it's asking a lot for people to potentially ad 2 hours each way to drive to UFL games. Columbus has more spending power than Canton, for certain, so that would probably play a role in city selection as well. Someone mentioned Cleveland, but that seems pretty farcical. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Curious to know if the following cities can work for the UFL: Chicago, Denver, Oakland, Phoenix and San Diego.  

I'm not sure I'd read into this as it relates to potential expansion, but the UFL yesterday announced a series of "player showcase" events in Atlanta, San Diego and Orlando, in addition to current markets St. Louis , D.C. and Houston. 

3 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm not sure I'd read into this as it relates to potential expansion, but the UFL yesterday announced a series of "player showcase" events in Atlanta, San Diego and Orlando, in addition to current markets St. Louis , D.C. and Houston. 

I think it's more about having them in different areas to get max participation, as opposed to looking at potential new locations. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png