MARVEL Baseball Universe (Earth Avengers 31 of 31; Series Complete)

MJD7

hgNbIMU.gif

I didn't have this planned until maybe a couple months ago, but I'm excited to debut my series designing baseball teams inspired by the superheroes of Marvel comics.

Although most would agree that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been in a bit of a downturn post-Avengers: Endgame, I'm viewing this series as a celebration of the brand and the heights it has achieved this century.

The designs will mostly remain inspired by the MCU, as I admittedly do not have as much knowledge about the comics beyond the movies, but thankfully the MCU is fastly approaching a point where they're able to include all of the important characters in the Marvel canon.

Each team will have three main jerseys: home, away, and alternate, and a fourth special design inspired by a specific Marvel movie or TV show. Think of it as the "Cinematic Edition." 

I'll be going in a random order, much like the MLB MULTIVERSE series. I have 31 teams total, 1 team for each day of December, sort of like an extended advent calendar. Without further ado, let's begin!

mOQ815W.png

D.C. S.H.I.E.L.D.

The organization that started it all by assembling the Avengers, I went with a color palette and fonts inspired by their uniforms. The Cinematic jersey doesn't have much special to it, unlike other teams you'll see later in the series.

bbuNaJb.png

YsRly6u.png

bOGrPYP.png

p46Tc1l.png

• Like 4

• MJD7 changed the title to MARVEL Baseball Universe (D.C. S.H.I.E.L.D. 1 of 31)

Great idea for a series! It just reminds me how far behind I am in the MCU 😅

The D.C. look feels like a solid base for the series. I like the Yankees feel--clean and timeless. 

I will say, I would love to see pant and cap options as the series progresses. I feel like you could have a lot of fun with a few different hat combos at least. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AHcreative said:

Great idea for a series! It just reminds me how far behind I am in the MCU 😅

The D.C. look feels like a solid base for the series. I like the Yankees feel--clean and timeless. 

I will say, I would love to see pant and cap options as the series progresses. I feel like you could have a lot of fun with a few different hat combos at least. 

Thanks! I honestly am at the point with the MCU where I'll watch what I'm interested in, but can't possibly keep up with it all. Although, I have seen everything except Ms. Marvel up to this point, which I would like to watch if I can ever find the time.

D.C. is definitely one of the most conservative designs of the series. Hopefully future teams can be more "fun."

I thought about incorporating hats and pants, but it just didn't seem worth it for me. There's something about this jersey template from @AusGiant that I really like. I might try out some caps & see if I like them though.

17 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Nice, looks like if NYPD had a baseball team

14 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

I mean, they do: https://www.nyfinestbaseball.com/

But this would suit them, with tweaks of course, if they plan on rebranding

Thanks! As a side note, that "NY" logo is quite the bastardization of the Brewers' "MB."

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MARVEL Baseball Universe (Titan Titans 2 of 31)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MARVEL Baseball Universe (Asgard Thunder 3 of 31)

Do the stones on the Titan jerseys light up like Christmas tree lights? Cos that's real cool if they do. 

I really like the creativity with the designs so far. The "Cinematic" Asgard vest looks incredible. Good thing it's not real and I'm broke.

13 hours ago, AHcreative said:

Do the stones on the Titan jerseys light up like Christmas tree lights? Cos that's real cool if they do. 

I honestly didn't consider much the practicality of the stones, but if they could light up, I'd agree that that'd be really cool. If not, it'd probably just be a 2D design that showcases a similar effect.

13 hours ago, AHcreative said:

I really like the creativity with the designs so far. The "Cinematic" Asgard vest looks incredible. Good thing it's not real and I'm broke.

Thanks! The "Cinematic" jerseys should generally be closer to that level of uniqueness going forward.

Ta Lo Ten Rings

The most pleasant surprise of Phase 4, this Shang-Chi inspired set utilizes colors and fonts inspired by the film's branding. The Cinematic alternate is more directly inspired by Shang-Chi's final costume.

mvSfyAb.png

Zaj23T9.png

K4mQQF7.png

g2BjN5C.png

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MARVEL Baseball Universe (Ta Lo Ten Rings 4 of 31)

Harlem Hulks

Another one of the classic original 6 Avengers, I tried to make the wordmarks as "strong" and imposing as possible. The alternate is inspired by Hulk's rage-fueled tirade through Johannesburg in Age of Ultron.

r50DEig.png

aylkMbx.png

kHPldRe.png

8Il2KCV.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MARVEL Baseball Universe (Harlem Hulks 5 of 31)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MARVEL Baseball Universe (TVA Lokis 6 of 31)

New Orleans Falcons

Although probably sort of a disorienting name for NFL fans, it is where the character is revealed to be from in his TV show. The Cinematic alternate is inspired by Falcon's initial makeshift costume in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

FpA64MT.png

nbxTRXe.png

mvwsqTM.png

RKW8tPI.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MARVEL Baseball Universe (New Orleans Falcons 7 of 31)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MARVEL Baseball Universe (Sakaar Valkyries 8 of 31)