2024 International Soccer (National Teams)

MJWalker45

I don't even understand what Conmebol gets out of this.

Copa America coming to the US is probably very, very good for the conference. But then to completely job the UMSNT out like this makes no sense.

I bet we're going to see like 3 minutes or stoppage time too. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The COMBEBOL experience was really something. Concacaf turned up times 10. Worse refs, worse dirty play, worse pitches somehow even when playing the US.

Feels like USMNT was unlucky to not get out of the group with how they played under the circumstances. At the same time, losing twice is losing twice. For as much momentum and apparent game-control they had tonight, 2 shots in 75 minutes is really not going to do the job, not in a must-win. I don't think they're at a tear-it-down disaster level that I've seen more than once in my soccer-watching life. There was a lot of good play tonight, solid build-up, technically sound approaches. But if it's going to fizzle out within shooting distance every single time, that's a real problem.

Time for Berhalter to go. His original tenure was pretty good, better than a lot of people gave him credit for. But the team hasn't seemed to make any progress in his second term and this is like, when everyone ought to be hitting their prime individually and as a unit. What's the holdup? 

The players need to be accountable too here. Lots of great individual talent, not a lot of consistency or figuring out how to be a great team. Outside of Pulisic and Jedi I've been frustrated with all of them at this point. Maybe everyone playing in Europe is not such a great accomplishment if this is it, great that you signed for some prestige team but you're only playing 7 minutes every two weeks.

• Like 4

What can I say that I haven’t been annoyingly repeating for the last few years?

Berhalter has to go.

These players need a new voice and they need a coach that doesn’t bloviate the players and acts like their best friends. We need a coach that holds the players accountable. We are wasting a massive opportunity and wasting this generation. 

Speaking of this generation, perhaps I’ve been overhyping them a little bit. Are they good? Undoubtedly so. Most of our players play in the best leagues in the world, and our best players play for some of the best teams in the world. This is not, however, a golden generation until they start playing like it. 

Their play under Berhalter reminds me a bit of the Dallas Cowboys. A bit overhyped, players feel themselves a bit too much and then lose when the stakes are at it’s highest. 

Full sale change is needed 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC