CFL uniform news 2024

clonewars2008

Another thing to add, the Edmonton Elks added this graphic to their schedule post, which shows all the logos in Edmonton football history from 1949 - today. 
spacer.png

And at the bottom was a certain striping invoking the 80’s look. 

8n5yuxr.jpeg

Could we see a 75th anniversary uniform as it is the 75th anniversary of the club this season. 

• Like 2

zyyMk1d.png

On 12/14/2023 at 12:21 PM, clonewars2008 said:

I spotted something in the Ottawa release video for 2024. 
spacer.png

looks like the new home jersey. 

I'd like them to lean into plaid accents, but if they are going with a modified UCLA stripe that's a good move as well. Just get rid of the hashtags on the pants.

19 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

Another thing to add, the Edmonton Elks added this graphic to their schedule post, which shows all the logos in Edmonton football history from 1949 - today. 
spacer.png

And at the bottom was a certain striping invoking the 80’s look. 

8n5yuxr.jpeg

Could we see a 75th anniversary uniform as it is the 75th anniversary of the club this season. 

I liked the sleeves they had before switching to the Elks. It would be a good update for the team to go back to those.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I hope the Lions go with true pro look. No more monochrome black unis; bring back helmet striping with matching striping on the pants; much prefer orange as the primary dark colour.

⬛⬛⬜🟧⬜⬛⬛

The Lions should always be orange first. Their switch to black was really disappointing.

• Like 4

On 12/23/2023 at 2:47 PM, Chewbacca said:

The Lions should always be orange first. Their switch to black was really disappointing.

110% agree. What I truly hated was the high-schoolish black monochrome look with no striping on the helmets.

The '78-'89 set was the Lions' best-ever uniform;

⚪        ⚪          ⬜⬜🟫🟧🟫⬜⬜

🟧        ⬜

⬜        🟧

What the Lions should be using today going forward:

⚫        ⚫          ⬛⬛⬜🟧⬜⬛⬛

🟧        ⬜

⬜        🟧

• 2 months later...

Ottawa has unveiled their 10th anniversary logo, and has also announced that a new jersey is going to be released in May. The team president has hinted at the jersey being "retro inspired", so my guess would be a modern version of the classic Rough Riders look to match the alternate helmet they've worn.

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Klondyke said:

Lions have told season ticket holders to look-out for a  jersey that celebrate their 70th.. No idea if its going to be a retro or just a new third. They were really vague about it

I think it was such a waste for BC to bring out that gun-metal alternate for two lousy games a couple years ago only to never use it again. I would like to see them give that uniform at least one more season of usage. As I say that, BC needs an orange jersey asap.

On 12/22/2023 at 5:09 PM, VancouverFan69 said:

I hope the Lions go with a true pro look. No more monochrome black unis; bring back helmet striping with matching striping on the pants; much prefer orange as the primary dark colour.

⬛⬛⬜🟧⬜⬛⬛

Gotta disagree. Too much black in CFL already.  I am still a fan of this ""vintage" look from the 80's

spacer.png

• Like 7

Edmonton Elks 75th anniversary logo:

explainer.jpg

They're also bringing back their "In the Game" program where, for $270 each, 90 people can have their names printed in the borders of the anniversary logo decals that will go on the team's helmets for the home opener vs. Saskatchewan on June 8.

More details on the mothership.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GrayJ12 said:

I feel like the incorporation of the Edmonton skyline crowds the logo. However, I do like the incorporation of the original EE wordmark.

At the very least, the skyline needs a little dimension/depth to it, and the white outline on the skyline needs to be at least as thick as the white keyline on the shield that it meets up with. It feels like it's going to be a pain to embroider and/or deal with at small sizes.

• Applause 1

• 3 weeks later...