The rise of US Women's Volleyball?

4_tattoos

4 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Pretty sure Mexico already has it's own league. Plus both of these leagues have been pressing the whole "American players getting to play in America" angle hard.

League One Volleyball Federation (LOVF)

Pro Volleyball League One (PVLO)

United Volleyball League (UVL) 🤷🏾‍♂️

May depend on whose investors/owners have deeper pockets.

I think many people aren't going to like the branding in LOVB. You see all the hoopla that was raised over Washington Football Team, PWHL (insert city) and now Utah Hockey Club. Hell, even MLS fans are starting to complain about the abundance of (insert city) FC/United names. Now LOVB is seriously going to present American fans with 6 teams named LOVB (insert city) Volleyball? With random squiggles for logos? When their rival league has names like Supernovas, Valkyries and Fury? Not mention proper logos.

Honestly I think if you take hardcore American volleyball fans out the equation (that would likely new who many of the players are in both leagues already), and just let general sports fans pick which league they would rather follow based on branding alone, most would pick PVF 🤷🏾‍♂️

PWHL will have branding very soon, before the 2025 season.  They will not go into their second season as PWHL City Name.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to assume every PVF player was on a one year contract. Nothing else can explain how the rookie of the year ends up signing with the defending champions! Omaha isn't playing fair at all lol

Hotter Than July > Thriller

For those of you that followed PVF this past season just go ahead and take a look at Omaha's social media pages to see the moves they've made so far on the first day of free agency. Signing up other teams best players like their the Yankees 😂

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I still believe the end game to all of this is a merger, and if there is one, what a merged league plans on doing with two cities (Atlanta and Omaha) that have teams in both leagues.  

To a different degree, a merged 16 team league having 3 teams in Texas is kind of wild (PVF Dallas 2025 expansion club and the LOVB clubs in Houston and Austin)

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

I'm going to assume every PVF player was on a one year contract. Nothing else can explain how the rookie of the year ends up signing with the defending champions! Omaha isn't playing fair at all lol

That’s gotta be it. 

Nuneviller re-signed, and she’s the only player from the last year’s squad currently listed on the roster. 

The rest is all of our new additions, including three former Huskers which is awesome. 

I guess we’ll see if the rest of last year’s core comes back (Jess Lansman, De La Cruuuuuuz and Vuchkova are all leaving we know that), but it might be a whole new team instead of adding proven players to an already stacked championship core. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Here's a link to a reddit thread following PVF free agency. 

Notable players officially jumping from PVF to LOVB; Skylar Fields, Asjia O'Neal (who was PVF's first ever draft pick) and Claire Chaussee.

Long story short. Indy Ignite will be the only expansion team to join PVF in 2025. Kansas City and Dallas rumored to be pushed back to start in 2026. Even just expanded by one team should even the schedule out for next season.

Pro Volleyball Federation Looks Towards Second Season - Pro Volleyball Federation

43 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Long story short. Indy Ignite will be the only expansion team to join PVF in 2025. Kansas City and Dallas rumored to be pushed back to start in 2026. Even just expanded by one team should even the schedule out for next season.

Pro Volleyball Federation Looks Towards Second Season - Pro Volleyball Federation

There is certainly room for a third professional Women's team in Dallas, but it's probably not going to be in the PVF.   

10 hours ago, GDAWG said:

LOVB seems to not be going with nicknames for their teams.  I wonder if this is their long term plan.

If you look back in this thread you'll see an email reply I got from PVF about the names. They ensured me that those are in fact the team names. Whether they plan to do that long term remains to be seen?

@GDAWG

On 12/26/2023 at 8:49 PM, 4_tattoos said:
Thank you so much for reaching out to League One Volleyball.  In our team names, we wanted to reflect the communities they are rooted in. Each of the LOVB pro teams are named after their cities and these are their official names.  

Happy Holidays!

LOVB Team

On Friday, December 22, 2023 at 9:44:36 AM UTC-8 took my name out wrote:
Hello. I was curious to know if the teams in LOVB's pro league will get proper team names before the season starts in November?

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

There has to be an end game in this rivalry between PVF and LOVB.  

USA Volleyball could get involved at some point and encourage a merger 🤷🏾‍♂️