The rise of US Women's Volleyball?

4_tattoos

10 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Looked at the league schedule and there are no more games listed for Bally/Stadium broadcast. Now that college basketball is beginning to wind down, I wonder if PVF games will start airing on CBS and/or CBS Sportsnet?

They should, this could help them to get more exposure and expand more teams in the future.

On 2/25/2024 at 4:58 PM, The_Admiral said:

Purple and light blue seems like the best way to be distinct but mass-appeal: navy is overdone, and prioritizing pink might get accusation of trying too hard to be girly.

@The_Admiral With light blue already being Orlando's primary color, one could argue making pink the accent color paired with purple and white on the uniforms, while all the colors could remain in the logo. Would give them a nice middle range color in the unis, since the Supernovas shade of pink is closer to being red than a powdery pink.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 3/4/2024 at 3:33 PM, 4_tattoos said:

@The_Admiral With light blue already being Orlando's primary color, one could argue making pink the accent color paired with purple and white on the uniforms, while all the colors could remain in the logo. Would give them a nice middle range color in the unis, since the Supernovas shade of pink is closer to being red than a powdery pink.

I will say navy and pink are the most prominent at the arena, so I think that's the way to go.

Choosing light blue and pink would make every crowd look like they got lost to a gender reveal party.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

CBS games confirmed.

Are we sure about that?  It's not going to be like the supposed deal with Stadium where all games scheduled to be broadcast on Stadium ended up YouTube is it?

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Are we sure about that?  It's not going to be like the supposed deal with Stadium where all games scheduled to be broadcast on Stadium ended up YouTube is it?

I think CBS is a little bit more stable than Bally's and Stadium are 🤷🏾‍♂️

16 hours ago, GDAWG said:

CBS yes, but CBS Sports Network?  

I have Hulu Live and tune into that channel way more than I thought I would during college football and basketball seasons 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

I would hope that the incoming Dallas PVF team will be more like FC Dallas marketing wise than Panther City Lacrosse.  

Panther City Lacrosse has done a terrible job at marketing.  Nobody knows that they exist, and if they won the NLL Championship, will the other local sports teams acknowledge it (like they did when the Rangers won the World Series) and will anyone show up to the parade?  It seems unlikely.  Panther City also gets zero local media coverage.  Speculation is that they will be in another city in 2025.

With FC Dallas, the local media knows they exist as do the other local sports teams.  That's all Dallas PVF needs: the local media knows that they exist and acknowledgement from the other local sports teams.  The moment that FC Dallas wins the MLS Cup (very unlikely), the Rangers, Mavericks, Stars and Cowboys will congratulate them.  

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

That's all Dallas PVF needs: the local media knows that they exist and acknowledgement from the other local sports teams. 

I think at the very least the Dallas Wings will acknowledge the PVF. The others may depend on where the team actually plays it's home games, or if more established DFW sports figures join the ownership group.

LOVB has been signing more players.

https://www.lovb.com/news/bugg-daly-gneitling-herrera-and-miller-join-lovb

https://www.lovb.com/news/adams-gray-and-hart-join-lovb

SN: I forgot where I read it, but I saw somebody compare the PVF and LOVB websites. They said PVF's website looks like what you would expect from a sports league, while LOVB's website looks like a Lulu Lemon ad. I don't disagree 🤷🏾‍♂️

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

I think at the very least the Dallas Wings will acknowledge the PVF. The others may depend on where the team actually plays it's home games, or if more established DFW sports figures join the ownership group.

Where a team plays its home games won't matter if they are known as "Dallas." 

It doesn't have to be established DFW sports figures joining ownership to get the other teams to acknowledge the Dallas PVF team.  It can be as simple as anybody from the Big 4 sports teams attending games.  That would be all to get the major sports teams to acknowledge the Dallas PVF team.  

• 2 weeks later...

LOVB has been signing a lot of international players compared to PVF. Leads me to believe LOVB will not have the same limits on international players. PVF allows each team to have 2 foreign players.

PVF has put itself out there as a league intended for American players. LOVB may be going with a different philosophy of just getting the best players available regardless of nationality.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 7:47 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Indy Ignite to play home games at Fishers Event Center

https://indyignitevb.com/news/indy-ignite-makes-the-fishers-event-center-their-home-court/

I generally don't love suburban arenas, but I think this is definitely the right call in this case — the nexus of volleyball in Indiana is very much the Muncie area, and Fishers keeps you under an hour from most of the top programs in the state.

6fQjS3M.png