Airline Football Uniform Concepts - Condor: Passion Is Our Compass

edjb93

ALLEGIANT AIR

Allegiant Air has gone to a colorful livery in recent years, even if it's still predominantly white, but compared to the airline's original livery, this is a HUGE improvement.

Since the livery has also been the source of inspiration for some NASCAR Cup Series paint schemes—in particular, Ty Dillon's #42 car back when he was driving for LEGACY Motor Club (then known as Petty GMS)—I applied the same design concept for my home and road uniform concepts. The giant sun logo on the tail is applied on the front portion of the helmet and extends all the way to the sides, a la Birmingham Thunderbolts from the old XFL.

Going back to the original livery I'm referring to earlier, it was really a plain design to translate into a football uniform, with the only redeeming element being the logos and the stripes.

EUoT8oR.png

Pfp67ZD.png

SBJNIpa.png

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

• edjb93 changed the title to Airline Football Uniform Concepts - Allegiant Air: Travel Is Our Deal
  • 4 weeks later...

FRONTIER AIRLINES

Another request by @TheAnt755, Frontier is known for its numerous tail designs featuring various animals. That alone presents a challenge to me, since I initially thought of using just the "F" from the airline's logo on the helmet. I pondered on a few ideas—one of which is the "F" logo on one side and an animal on the other. Ultimately, I went with a full translation of Frontier's current livery into a football uniform, complete with an animal on both sides of the helmet.

I used Colorado the Bighorn Sheep as an illustration for the primary helmet since, as the name suggests, the airline is based in Denver, Colorado, but each player can choose their own animal. As for the jerseys and the pants, I used the arrow akin to the New York Jets' current logo all over.

The throwback uniform harkens back to the original Frontier Airlines, specifically with that airline's Saul Bass livery. While the sleeve striping does not curve up like the real-life counterpart, it incorporates the "F" pattern from the logo.

t33Drso.png

H5HHc6l.png

gMBpxWU.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• edjb93 changed the title to Airline Football Uniform Concepts - Low Fares Done Right
18 hours ago, Ark said:

You should do the classic airline Pan Am

panam-crew-hed-2016.png.webp

I'll definitely put up uniform concepts for defunct airlines in the future, and this will be one of them. Thanks for suggesting Pan Am! 😉

XIAMENAIR

To put it simply, XiamenAir's current livery is an evolution of the Chinese airline's previous liveries, as the numerous shades of blue complement each other perfectly and the curves inspired by the logo are a nice touch. In my eyes, those are the two key ingredients of making a direct translation of an airline livery into a football uniform.

I initially went with a regular-sized logo decal for the primary helmet, but it looked tiny to me, and thus I enlarged the logo so that it reaches from the front to the back. I also added the logo for the Sustainable Development Goals on the helmet and the jersey, to mark the airline's full support towards this cause.

Though I should go for an all-white throwback uniform, it seems that I already have many throwback concepts that featured a white jersey, so I pushed for a blue jersey instead, while still applying the same cheatlines from the vintage livery.

0tDUY8e.png

kO1TK9k.png

yiVvZ8K.png

• Like 4

• edjb93 changed the title to Airline Football Uniform Concepts - XiamenAir: Fly for a Better World

VOLARIS

The combination of black, white, and dark magenta looks pretty good, and Volaris pulled it off perfectly. But, other than the enlarged airline logo on the tail, Volaris' livery is pretty basic, especially for a low-cost airline, a type which is usually associated with outrageous liveries.

And so, to add a little bit of pizzazz to my uniform concepts, I added an enlarged, sublimated version of Volaris' logo on the sleeves, and on top of it comes the normal-sized logo. Dark magenta socks are paired with either black or white pants, while black socks complement dark magenta pants.

Since the airline's older livery looks virtually the same as the current one, there won't be any throwback alternate uniform in this case. And yes, I know that Volaris had a plane painted in Vietnam Airlines' livery, but I made a VN uniform concept before, so you can check that out as well. Think of the all-dark magenta alternate as a Color Rush uniform, but with proper color distribution.

Fgwlzfr.png

a3Hle0b.png

OHodGdE.png

• Like 1

• edjb93 changed the title to Airline Football Uniform Concepts - Don't Just Fly. Vuela.
14 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Have you thought about putting these concepts into the CFB25 Teambuilder? Would be awesome to play with some of these teams. 

I unfortunately don't play console games anymore, but I'd love to make it happen. Therefore, I'm giving my permission to anyone who's interested in using my uniform concepts in CFB 25; just properly cite me as a resource. 😉

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

AIR KORYO

To say the least, the liveries of Air Koryo—whether it's the new one or the old—look like your typical East Asian (think of Air China) or Soviet (think of Aeroflot's older livery) carrier. I don't know why I came up with that description, but that's how I imagine of this airline's paint job.

The newer livery looks simpler, so I went with a minimal design, although the coloring of the shoulder yoke isn't minimal for some. On the white primary uniform, the light grey came from the color of the aircraft belly, while the all-red clash uniform was inspired by North Korea football's home kit. I initially thought of having only red and white on the all-red uniform, but at some time, the national team's kit had a touch of blue.

For the alternate, the iconic flag pattern (without the encircled star) that's featured as the cheatlines on Air Koryo's older livery, is also featured all over the uniform except on the helmet.

And if you look closer on all three uniforms, you can see the updated logo—the one without the Korean Peninsula as the shape of the crane's wing.

@Bomba Tomba, since you requested Air Koryo, this one's for you.

xPneG8D.png

QnfX2sP.png

6fxMAx5.png

Edited by edjb93
Enlarged helmet decals
  • Like 6

• edjb93 changed the title to Airline Football Uniform Concepts - North Korea's Flag Carrier

GLORIOUS WORK, YOU ARE NOW A MODERATOR OF r/pyongyang

Wonder how it would look with the flags on all 3 helmets being bigger though, so you can see more of the circle and the star

And maybe on the alt, it could be a stripe that continues onto the back (think Seahawks)

• Like 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

On 8/20/2024 at 1:48 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

Wonder how it would look with the flags on all 3 helmets being bigger though, so you can see more of the circle and the star

And maybe on the alt, it could be a stripe that continues onto the back (think Seahawks)

Wish granted! I've repositioned the throwback helmet number to the red portion at the back and enlarged it. Personally, I wanted to stay true to the real-life livery as much as possible, but the enlarged decals turned out to be a good move. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

KUWAIT AIRWAYS

The flag carrier of Kuwait, livery-wise, got a major boost in 2016 when the airline unveiled its current livery. The "Bluebird" becomes the focal point of that livery, and I wanted to do the same thing when it came for me to think about the overall look of my uniform concept for Kuwait Airways.

I eventually arrived at a design in which the helmet is the star of the show. While the entirety of the home and road uniforms features a double-blue halftone gradient, I limited the "Bluebird" tail design to the helmet only. As for the colors, the white jersey will be primarily a home jersey, while the indigo one will be the road jersey, although both colors can be worn anywhere.

As for the throwback uniform, I went with the airline's most recent older livery before the 2016 redesign, which in my opinion, fits perfectly as a football uniform due to the abundance of horizontal striping.

8geeQie.png

KcyLa9Z.png

lwWWYPX.png

• Like 3

• edjb93 changed the title to Airline Football Uniform Concepts - Linking Kuwait to the World

LATAM AIRLINES CHILE

I'm doing a series of concepts featuring all current passenger airlines of the LATAM Airlines Group, and we shall start with the airline that started it all, the former LAN based in Chile. In fact, it took me a long time for me to eventually do the concept uniform design for LATAM because of a few things: the tail design (as well as the colors to be used) and the decision whether to do a single concept for the whole airline group (just like what I did with AirAsia) or not. Eventually I arrived at making a concept uniform set for all 6 current passenger airlines within the group.

If you're going to see the tail logo from the airline's current livery, you'll probably know why it took me a long time. But yeah, we're now here, and I'm fully satisfied with it. The design for the home and road uniforms will be used for all 6 airlines, and the colors will be the main difference. For additional distinction among them, I also added a flag patch on the right side of the jersey (aside from the flag sticker on the back of the helmet). And since the Chilean airline is considered to be the flagship airline of the entire group, I went with the institutional colors, hot pink and indigo, even though it released 5 similar-looking liveries representing the 5 of 6 South American countries—including Chile—that have LATAM.

For the throwback uniform, I chose the LanChile livery that coincided with the airline's 1982-1998 logo. The LanChile wordmark found on the tail is also done in the same fashion on the helmet to be as accurate as possible.

Yho01A3.png

1Kgq1Vd.png

DgKHYvv.png

• Like 3

• edjb93 changed the title to Airline Football Uniform Concepts - LATAM Airlines Group (Part 1: Chile)

LATAM AIRLINES BRASIL

Another flagship of the LATAM Airlines Group, the Brazilian airline formerly known as TAM Linhas Aéreas is the other half of the merger back in the 2010's.

Its regular livery is just the same as the other LATAM subsidiaries, but its Brazilian branch has an Airbus A320neo painted in the national colors. The silver on the tail proved it difficult for me to incorporate the color on the helmet, because it will present a problem on the vibrant yellow and green-heavy uniform I was about to make, not to mention that I don't want to have all my LATAM concepts revolve around silver helmets and pants. Therefore, I went with a yellow helmet for the home green and road yellow uniforms.

The airline's throwback concept is not that throwback-ish in the sense of the word, but I decided to honor the final TAM branding of the airline before it rebranded into LATAM Brasil. Since the regular road jersey isn't white, I went with that color for this particular alternate uniform.

miI75mQ.png

xSLlyti.png

hYrhZ3x.png

• Like 4