Spring Football Concept: AAFL Project

WideRight

I remember that Snowbirds identity from an older thread, loved it then and love it now. Definitely the best of these options. Really hope to see a team in Boston in the future, I feel like Boston-specific football ideas are a rarity in fictional leagues like this. Gotta be biased towards my home city.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

48 minutes ago, Blindsay said:

My vote’s for the Snowbirds but I have a suggestion for the Tropics name

The EverGlators?

I do think a team named the "Everglades" could work. They could be the "Glades" for short.  

Orlando Everglades?   Florida Everglades seems too on the nose. 

Juice, snowbirds is a cool concept though,  loved it and thought is was very unique when i first saw it in one of your other threads. Juice is a team name i use in my fictional league, so just personal preference to see them live lol, but both awesome concepts. would be upset to see either win the vote. 

5 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

I remember that Snowbirds identity from an older thread, loved it then and love it now. Definitely the best of these options. Really hope to see a team in Boston in the future, I feel like Boston-specific football ideas are a rarity in fictional leagues like this. Gotta be biased towards my home city.

I do have 4 Boston ideas just sitting in wait, including:

• One based loosely on the Atlantic Schooners of the CFL
  • One celebrating the Boston Irish population
  • One tied to the seafaring/fishing culture
  • One based on history without treading too closely to the NE Patsies

We will see if they get used.  Although I do plan on revealing the designs I created for any city that is not chosen when all is said and done and we reach the full 16.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WideRight said:

I do have 4 Boston ideas just sitting in wait, including:

• One based loosely on the Atlantic Schooners of the CFL
  • One celebrating the Boston Irish population
  • One tied to the seafaring/fishing culture
  • One based on history without treading too closely to the NE Patsies

We will see if they get used.  Although I do plan on revealing the designs I created for any city that is not chosen when all is said and done and we reach the full 16.  

that'd be really cool to see the designs for the "unused" teams

OMG the Snowbirds are another US invasion expansion team for the CFL Re-imagined.  I'll go with the Juice, appropriate for Orange County, Florida  and  just because it would make Bucs fans need to have a double-take and mistake Orlando for the NFL's Tampa Bay throwback game wearing their ever-popular creamsicles. Maybe a little modification and you can drop the orange into a glass and have the Orlando Sunrise (as in Tequila) or Orlando Mimosas (probably closer to the speed for the retirees attracted to a 55-or-better happy hour at the club level).

They could have Blake Bortles or Kyle Trask or Famous Jameis resurrect their careers at Exploria Stadium. Instead of T-Buck holding the Orlando clipboard, you can have Daunte Culpepper or Jay Gruden at the helm making the big decisions go for it on 4th and 3 down by the end zone.  I thought you had a Plunder moniker to reuse from NOLA that would work well for landlocked Central Florida?  They have a few lakes for piracy-in-training I suppose.  They do have color connection with UCF's Knights.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Blindsay said:

You think we can go international with this league?

@WideRight kind of went international when he did his CFL Project (back in 2020) adding American franchises to the frozen North.   However, it's been done before.  The classic example of this would have been the International Football League: Version 3.0 by @Julius Seizure.  The league started with 11 teams in North America (US, Canada, Mexico) plus Tokyo and expanded across Europe and Asia with following franchise footprint:

America West:  Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Vancouver

America East:  Chicago, Cleveland, New York, Orlando

Europe:  London, Moscow, Munich, Rome

Asia:  Beijing, Mumbai, Seoul, Tokyo

Few others have tried, but this IFL project exemplifies a laser focus on creating a compact international league, and later be refined and evolved further off this message board into World Gridiron, presenting a strong vision of realizing the dream of globalizing American Football beyond our shores (well at least the uniforms and lids).

That's why I promoted both Hawai'i and Miami as AAFL cities, to set the table for expansion beyond the USA. however SLC and Orlando were popular enough to thwart any pipe dream to take AAFL intercontinental.  He's consistent in pumping out new content on the Football side of things, so you never know if he can create his own international vision someday?  Maybe something more interesting than lamenting the uniform designs of the UFL 2.0 will emerge from his imagination this spring.

Ok, so here is our first tally.

6   Snowbirds

4   Juice

3   Lightning

1   Tropics

Seems a gator cannot get much love.  We have 14 votes in, so we are closing in on the threshold for an early call of the race, but as of right now it is too close to call.  Will Snowbirds stick around or fly home when it gets hotter?  Does the Juice have the juice to overcome them?  Can we see a lightning fast rise up the charts?

I will say this, had the Juice used any other color combo, i don't think they are in the position they are in.  All about the creamsicle, right?