International Football League: Version 3.0

Julius Seizure

I posted the reboot of my league about a month or two ago. But since then I have created some logos that made my older ones look dated and simple by proxy. I've learned a lot more cropping and path editing techniques on Inkscape and it's helped me create some concepts that I am really happy with(and hopefully you'll dig em' too;)).

You'll notice that some names are missing from the last version, and a couple new ones. I wanted to maintain the 12 team format, but keep the North American teams in two divisions, and give the overseas teams their own "World Division". That way a playoff would allow greater chance of a U.S. vs. Overseas championship matchup. I changed the logo to incorporate the lat-longitude lines of the globe as a tribute to the WLAF, which I credit as my biggest inspiration in creating this concept back in 1995.

So here it is, for real this time. The International Football League!

I'll add team logo and uniform slicks as they're completed New_Logosvg-rect10303-771.png

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it! The logo looks really good, the wordmark and numbers are sharp, and I really like the flames on the sleeves and pants. I like the focus on burgundy instead of red as well. My only complaint is the yellow belt with the red pants. I would make it red. Also, really good presentation.

Can't wait to see more!

Really cool jul.

This is one of the better "flame" logos that I've seen anywhere.

The only thing that I might do is rotate that separate spark a tad counter-clockwise to make the flame sweep back a little more on the helmet;

But I'm really being nit-picky because this is a very solid and well done concept.

The colours are great, the text is right on and well written ( a welcomed feature) and your presentation is pro...Well pitched!

I'll be following this one.

Dammit, this is beautiful. I love a good presentation (something I wish more people would pay attention to) as it ties the whole thing together nicely. Burgundy was a perfect choice, as it makes the orange pop a little more. Nice work on this one, looking forward to seeing the rest!

Great start outta the gate with Chicago...love the color combo and the helmets...top notch.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

This looks really nice but the logo is a bit too close to the (AFL) Utah Blaze.

blaze_0.jpg

True.

It's very similar. The challenge of creating a concept with that type of theme is that you have to try to make every detail work so that it strays away from all the other existing team identities. There are only about 6 or 7 'fire themed' pro sports teams (that I know of), so it was very difficult to achieve this design and look unique enough to label my own.

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Wow I love that logo. Looks great. Love the color scheme. But the gold I think is a little too much...I'd like to see that replaced with a light grey,, but I can see why you would protest that. The diamond stripe looks amazing too. Love the way it works with the uni. I like the idea of western numbers but I think the serifs (if you want to call them that?) are a little too much and you could do with a simple western font. But that is one of the best logos I've seen on here. Very Very impressed with that. Great job

Wow... another hit! I love how you incorporated the diamond from the middle of the skull into the striping.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Barons and Stags (though I kind of feel like each nickname works better for the other city).

Archived