Spring Football Concept: AAFL Project

WideRight

Hi all,  

So far it looks (and it is early) like Atlanta and Detroit have taken the early lead.   Just as way of information, since there were a lot of votes for some other cities that are not in this pool, here is what I believe the impact is of different cities winning the NFL city vote.

If Dallas, Atlanta, or Miami wins, it means...

• The other two from this group are eliminated from being team #16.
  • It also eliminates all other southern markets, mainly  San Antonio, Austin, Carolina and Virginia
  • Memphis and Nashville would still be alive since they can be considered for the Central Division.
  • The final vote would likely include both Memphis and Nashville, Cincinnati, Detroit, Buffalo, and Louisville

If Detroit, Twin Cities, Buffalo, or Cincinnati wins, it means...

• The other 3 are now eliminated from being team #16
  •  The pool for team $16 would basically be Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Memphis, Nashville, San Antonio, Austin, Carolina, and Virginia

If Philadelphia wins...

• Orlando would be moved to the Southern Division
  • All other southern teams would be eliminated from team #16 consideration
  • The pool of team 16 cities would look like the one in the Dallas, Atlanta or Miami scenario.

If Nashville wins...

• Nearly all cities in both the Central and Southern regions would remain alive, since Nashville could be at home in either division.  
  • We would remove Memphis from consideration, but that would be the only city eliminated. 

I don't know if that impacts anyone's vote or not, but thought you should at least see it.   If you love San Antonio as an option, it means you want to vote for a Northern city now.  Same for any city not in this vote. If you have one you absolutely want to be included, you may want to vote for the opposite division now, and perhaps persuade others as well. 

We have 17 votes in and we have what looks like a 3 horse race, but I am keeping all 4 votegetters in the mix:

7   Detroit

5   Atlanta

4   Philadelphia

2   Dallas

All other cities are now out of the running, sorry Nashville, Buffalo, Cincy.   It is down to these 4.   I can tell you that I already have 4 identities for three of the four (Philly will need some time), but I need to check because I am going to remove any that have black helmets (or change their color to something else.)

Let's keep that voting going, and, in the meantime here are two designs that were not used and will not be used because those cities/teams were not chosen.  I plan on releasing more unused designs once we get to the end, but thought I would drive some people nuts a bit early with "what could have been" (kinda weird since none of these teams actually exist at all).

First, the unused California Condors design, which would have been used for the San Jose/Sacramento club had Rush lost the vote. 

Mostly black and white, but with some thin piping and some ombre-effect orange and pink.   (BTW just noticed that the collar on the black jersy should be white.  Trying to imitate the neck plumage of the condor itself). 

spacer.png

And, the oh-so-close Columbus Cannons design that almost won the vote before being overwhelmed by the sheer power of the Silverbacks.  This one would have been tough because of New Jersey using the same basic 3 colors of black, red, and grey. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

And just a couple more unused ideas.   Los Angeles never got a lot of votes, and once San Diego was in the league, I had a feeling no one would jump on the LA bandwagon, so these designs did not stand a chance.  

LOS ANGELES VIPERS

Sort of a biker gang, tattoo-themed version of a snake logo.  The tattoo motif is throughout and the goal is to use green and red as a unique color combo, along with a silvery green metallic helmet. 

spacer.png

LOS ANGELES PALMS

The Palms was just a way to get a sunset spectrum element into what was otherwise a pretty plain "LA monogram".  It has a bit of an LA Kiss vibe to it while also being very much a SoCal vibe as well. Besides, how often do you see a heavily green tilted teal used?   The NFL Jags started off with that but when they revamped their logo due to the Jaguar car issue they switched to a bluer shade of teal.  

spacer.png

Ah, what could have been.  Sorry LA, no soup for you. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, WideRight said:

And just a couple more unused ideas.   Los Angeles never got a lot of votes, and once San Diego was in the league, I had a feeling no one would jump on the LA bandwagon, so these designs did not stand a chance.  

LOS ANGELES VIPERS

Sort of a biker gang, tattoo-themed version of a snake logo.  The tattoo motif is throughout and the goal is to use green and red as a unique color combo, along with a silvery green metallic helmet. 

spacer.png

LOS ANGELES PALMS

The Palms was just a way to get a sunset spectrum element into what was otherwise a pretty plain "LA monogram".  It has a bit of an LA Kiss vibe to it while also being very much a SoCal vibe as well. Besides, how often do you see a heavily green tilted teal used?   The NFL Jags started off with that but when they revamped their logo due to the Jaguar car issue they switched to a bluer shade of teal.  

spacer.png

Ah, what could have been.  Sorry LA, no soup for you. 

To be fair, the Rams will have already reestablished themselves in LA by the mid 2030s right?

At least I get a hometown team again in the AAFL in San Diego.

I'd still like to see a full uniform set for both the Palms and Vipers.