2024 College Football

10 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

In other words, those NIL checks weren’t coming through

My first thought. I'm not even sure UNLV beats Fresno now. This will surely expedite their move to the Pac 12 for more money (and if the Pac 12 does not get their P5 status back, go for the Big 12)

• Like 1

This is why you get everything involving a monetary agreement in writing.

In the replies, Thamel says that Sluka didn’t receive any form of payment for months once enrolled as UNLV never made an effort to formalize contract. Eventually the school offered $12,000 over 4 months. He only received a singular $3,000 stipend.

• Like 1

The ACC needing ten minutes to review a play and making the decision they had conclusive evidence to overturn a call that would have made their top ten team lose is sketchy as :censored:.

If you need that long to review the play, there is no conclusive evidence.

• Like 2

IUe6Hvh.png

8 hours ago, See Red said:

The ACC needing ten minutes to review a play and making the decision they had conclusive evidence to overturn a call that would have made their top ten team lose is sketchy as :censored:.

If you need that long to review the play, there is no conclusive evidence.

I was thinking the same thing when watching. I couldn't see anything clearly on there, so I have no idea how they overturned that. I was kinda torn; I don't like Miami and at the same time kinda happy to see the one good ACC team fall, but also thought Miami remaining up high would help Mizzou, since no matter where Miami fell to, the ACC champion would most likely get an auto-bid to the playoff. Them being outside the top 11 would drop at-large bids to #10 and higher.

• Like 1