2024 NASCAR Season

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Think they got it right. What was Logano fined for?  I only looked briefly but didn’t get a ton of clarity.

The incident on pit road, with him revving the engine; and burning rubber in front of Austin's family.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

34 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

The incident on pit road, with him revving the engine; and burning rubber in front of Austin's family.

Didn’t even know he did that. Yeah… that’s fine worthy, I’d say. 

IUe6Hvh.png

Even if there’s an off chance of Austin Dillon winning again in the next two weeks, I really don’t think he should be playoff eligible. I could understand if he was 20th in points, but this dude is now sitting at 32nd and no possible way off making it in off points.

AJ Allmendinger will return to full-time Cup racing in 2025, driving the 16. Sponsorship problems were why he wasn't this year, but I guess that's been taken care of. (I guess that sponsor may be by Celsius, since they've been the sponsor for the majority of this season in the Xfinity Series.)

I have a hunch that Hemric is going to be tossed from the 31 next season in favor of Van Gisbergen. Don't get me wrong, Hemric's a nice guy; but outside of bodying Austin Cindric to win the 2022 Xfinity Series Championship, he's done absolutely nothing in any major NASCAR-sanctioned division.  While SVG is aligned with Trackhouse, he doesn't really have a Cup ride with the team right now. (I think had Suarez not won at Atlanta in the Spring, Shane would've taken his spot in the 99.)

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

On 8/15/2024 at 8:56 PM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

AJ Allmendinger will return to full-time Cup racing in 2025, driving the 16. Sponsorship problems were why he wasn't this year, but I guess that's been taken care of. (I guess that sponsor may be by Celsius, since they've been the sponsor for the majority of this season in the Xfinity Series.)

I have a hunch that Hemric is going to be tossed from the 31 next season in favor of Van Gisbergen. Don't get me wrong, Hemric's a nice guy; but outside of bodying Austin Cindric to win the 2022 Xfinity Series Championship, he's done absolutely nothing in any major NASCAR-sanctioned division.  While SVG is aligned with Trackhouse, he doesn't really have a Cup ride with the team right now. (I think had Suarez not won at Atlanta in the Spring, Shane would've taken his spot in the 99.)

Trackhouse supposedly has a third charter for 2025. If that’s true, SVG is in that ride.

28 minutes ago, See Red said:

Seconded on Leigh Diffey. I’m a big fan of his IndyCar and Olympics work.  Glad he’s doing NASCAR, now!  Love his excitement!

I love his genuine enthusiasm, not the manufactured Adam Alexander gives us.

I'll add that I loved that NBC kept the cameras on wide angle until the dude in red gave a thumbs up, that Berry was okay. 

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

On 8/25/2024 at 12:29 AM, See Red said:

Seconded on Leigh Diffey. I’m a big fan of his IndyCar and Olympics work.  Glad he’s doing NASCAR, now!  Love his excitement!

Him saying "Jeff, your little boy has done it" got me teary-eyed.

In other news, the Cup Series is going international for the first time:
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2024/08/27/cup-series-to-make-history-with-mexico-city-event-in-2025/

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

On 8/27/2024 at 11:16 AM, GrayJ12 said:

In other news, the Cup Series is going international for the first time:

First time since 1958, third time overall.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Happy to see Mexico City being added to the Cup schedule, but I'm not as thrilled about the other changes.

- Miami not being a playoff race is a crime. In fact, I believe they're one of only a few tracks that should have two dates.

- WWT and New Hampshire being added to the playoff are sorta "meh" decisions. They're not the most exciting in terms of on-track product, but they're not the worst either. 

- Really can't tell if Talladega being in the Round of 8 is a good or bad call, especially with it being right before the Martinsville cutoff.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos