24-25 NBA changes

DJT

22 hours ago, Jsmoove said:

Other versions that were considered for the new nets logo

There really were better flowing and more cohesive versions of the script in the sketches that looked better too, don't know why they decided to make it messy in the final render. The rim also worked better without the loop in the N.

• Dislike 1

https://www.nba.com/warriors/news/warriors-unveil-new-secondary-logo-and-statement-edition-uniform-ahead-of-the-2024-25-nba-season

so actually the new W logo will also be on the regular white/blue sets and they are getting a Classic too. i knew it when Rick Barry mentioned his doc was releasing for the 50th anniversary of '75 chip.

also because GSW tends to find any excuse just to have a Classic lol. in 22 they had the Run TMC jerseys to "celebrate Mullin's gold medal". And I really don't know how they got away with 6 consecutive seasons of having classics.

15/16 gold The City: why?

17/18 white Cali: why?

18/19 yellow Cali: why?

19/20 white SF and  yellow The City: for relocation to SF, but how did they get 2?

20/21 blue The City: why?

21/22 blue Origins: 75th anniversary

22/23 blue TMC: 30th anniversary for Mullin’s gold medal, only wore them in 22 and never wore them in 23

23/24: ran out of excuses, first season without a classic since Nike took over

3 hours ago, currymvp2024 said:

And I really don't know how they got away with 6 consecutive seasons of having classics.

When you're the #1 team, rules are arbitrary. 

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, currymvp2024 said:

And I really don't know how they got away with 6 consecutive seasons of having classics.

31 minutes ago, kolob said:

When you're the #1 team, rules are arbitrary. 

The Warriors are the most profitable NBA franchise right now (and have been for the past 10 years) so any excuse to sell more Curry jerseys is a good excuse. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

The Warriors are the most profitable NBA franchise right now (and have been for the past 10 years) so any excuse to sell more Curry jerseys is a good excuse. 

Exactly. 

I think it was 2018? 2019? The Warriors had 6 or 7 jerseys total? I can't blame them. $$$$

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

19 hours ago, currymvp2024 said:

15/16 gold The City: why?

17/18 white Cali: why?

18/19 yellow Cali: why?

19/20 white SF and  yellow The City: for relocation to SF, but how did they get 2?

20/21 blue The City: why?

21/22 blue Origins: 75th anniversary

22/23 blue TMC: 30th anniversary for Mullin’s gold medal, only wore them in 22 and never wore them in 23

23/24: ran out of excuses, first season without a classic since Nike took over

15/16 - 60th anniversary of their second championship

17/18 - 70th anniversary of their first championship or 55th anniversary of relocation to San Francisco

18/19 - might be 70th anniversary of their division title

19/20 - 45th anniversary of their third championship

20/21 - 5th anniversary of fourth championship

23/24 -they had 5th anniversary of sixth championship, so they were eligible for retro

I would need to find my post from past, but iirc Warriors could have throwback basically every season, because they always have something to celebrate which ends on '0' or '5'.

11 hours ago, kolob said:

I think it was 2018? 2019? The Warriors had 6 or 7 jerseys total? I can't blame them. $$$$

18/19, seven. Three regular, two classic, city and earned. In 19/20 they've got six.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

Let's not forget that even in the Adidas era, they'd find a way for whatever team LeBron was on to wear 7 or 8 different jerseys in a single season. Those goofy monochrome Heat unis they were doing for years were some kind of canary in the coal mine.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pepis21 said:

15/16 - 60th anniversary of their second championship

17/18 - 70th anniversary of their first championship or 55th anniversary of relocation to San Francisco

18/19 - might be 70th anniversary of their division title

19/20 - 45th anniversary of their third championship

20/21 - 5th anniversary of fourth championship

23/24 -they had 5th anniversary of sixth championship, so they were eligible for retro

I would need to find my post from past, but iirc Warriors could have throwback basically every season, because they always have something to celebrate which ends on '0' or '5'.

good research. shouldn't the throwback be related to the season they are celebrating tho? some of them don't seem to match up.

just for fun, they also had:

03/04 - gold The City (1966-71)

04/05 - blue The City (1966-71)

06/07 - gold The City (1966-71)

07/08 - blue Cali (1971-75)

09/10 - gold SF (1962-63)

10/11 - gold Cali (1971-75)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, currymvp2024 said:

good research. shouldn't the throwback be related to the season they are celebrating tho?

Not really, Cavs in 19/20 celebrate 50th anniversary, but they bring throwback from 94-96 instead of 70/71.

I really hope Warriors bring back 97-01 uniform. No matter if it's gonna be home or away.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

The Grizzlies Summer League coaches are wearing a Memphis Sounds 50th anniversary logo on their polos. Assuming this is an indication that the Grizzlies may have Classic unis honoring the Sounds from the ABA from ‘74/75. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Not really, Cavs in 19/20 celebrate 50th anniversary, but they bring throwback from 94-96 instead of 70/71.

I really hope Warriors bring back 97-01 uniform. No matter if it's gonna be home or away.

generally if it’s anniversary of inaugural season, it can be any uniform. But if it’s anniversary of another specific season/chip, the uniform is most likely from that season.

if they are really celebrating 75 chip, then 99% guaranteed to be yellow/blue 75 jersey.

But yeah i’d rather have 97 or even 64-66 which most ppl don't know about. anything that hasn’t been retro’d before

On 2024-07-11 at 9:21 AM, truepg said:

There really were better flowing and more cohesive versions of the script in the sketches that looked better too, don't know why they decided to make it messy in the final render. The rim also worked better without the loop in the N.

I agree that there are cleaner versions however it seems like the one they went with a happy medium. The flow of the script does play on some of those versions with an actual net.

On 7/12/2024 at 8:27 AM, Digby said:

Let's not forget that even in the Adidas era, they'd find a way for whatever team LeBron was on to wear 7 or 8 different jerseys in a single season. Those goofy monochrome Heat unis they were doing for years were some kind of canary in the coal mine.

Cleveland broke out some good ones during his first stint:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SantosD_ said:

GSToPlJWUAA75RW?format=jpg&name=medium

Clippers new city edition court design was seen in their new arena this weekend

honestly i’ll take that over the main court they originally unveiled. which was just a basic all navy painted court that the timberwolves and wizards already have. this one’s a lot more interesting and fits the old school look they’re going for with the new uniforms. the all wood kinda fits the pirate-nautical theme 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The woodgrain pattern looking like waves in the ocean is a really neat idea, but I'm a bit concerned at having a logo, team wordmark, and city wordmark that are all from different eras of the team and don't match at all.

Yet, at the same time that feels very on brand for the Clippers.

On 7/8/2024 at 5:34 PM, Conrad. said:

Remember these, too 

As for the Pistons, sadly, I have to report that they'll continue to NOT have the red statement uniform that they truly need. Makes no sense to me. 😞

Seems like the black "DET" jersey is sadly returning for a 3rd year as the Pistons Statement Edition. Maybe 2025-26 will finally be the year for the red jersey to return.

2024-07-18-8-26-06.png

• Sad 5