24-25 NBA changes

DJT

We're going on what year 8 now of City jerseys? so we've had about 200 uniforms (I know some were used multiple years and I think Memphis didn't have one once or twice.) Off the top of my head I don't think I can come up with even a third that were really good. Most were either bad or forgettable.

My favs that I remember:

Heat Vice x4 (white, black, pink, baby blue)

Jazz red rocks og and black

Nets black with coogi pattern trim

Sixers rocky (the sweatsuit pattern was cool, would have preferred a wordmark over circle stars) and Spectrum

Mavs 'Fresh Prince'

Suns Valley and El Valle

Hawks 90s reverse retro

Lakers purple and blue

Wolves 'fur'

Raptors 90s in black and gold

Spurs 90s ASG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VikWings said:

I wish they would do that with the Heat. Just cycle through each color of the vice (except the Trix yogurt ones) every 4 years.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I hate the Miami Vice jerseys.  I'm so sick of pink/cyan/black.  It was kind of fresh at first, but that color scheme has been beaten like a dead horse by now.  They can stay dead for all I care.

That being said, it's not like the ransom-note jerseys or the cringeworthy "Heat Culture" sets have been any better; if anything, they're far worse.

• Like 1

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

10 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I hate the Miami Vice jerseys.  I'm so sick of pink/cyan/black.  It was kind of fresh at first, but that color scheme has been beaten like a dead horse by now.  They can stay dead for all I care.

That being said, it's not like the ransom-note jerseys or the cringeworthy "Heat Culture" sets have been any better; if anything, they're far worse.

me too, they should have stopped to the black and the white.  Plus, i don't know exactly, but i think there's a lot more to honor the city of Miami. Anyway the city Edition program gave us some pearls and that is out of discussion.

My personale favourite, the Jazz red rocks ( gradient and dark mode)

The Spurs Fiesta trio

The Knicks firemen department navy jersey

Warriors yellow Chinese heritage jersey and webelieve colors jersey

Lakers mamba Jersey and tbh the Shaq jersey grew on me

Detroit red motor city jersey, always loved the two frontal stripes

dc monument white jersey so clean

Boston "Naismith tribute" jersey

Bulls black City flag jersey, 75th remix jersey

Cavs blue and orange, 75th remix

Houston chinese heritage dark red

Nets coogi black jersey

tbh there's a lot of nice jerseys

My top 10 favorite city edition jerseys:

Miami Heat black "vice city"

Warriors yellow chinese

Wolves NBA 75th remix

Suns black "The Valley"

Nets 2018/19 "Notorious B.I.G"

Spurs black fiesta

Utah Jazz "dark mode"

Warriors Oakland forever

Cavs navy 2019/20

OKC 2018/19 turquoise

I already listed mine but I don't hate the City Editions. I think it was the output that did it in. If Nike had done with the City Editions that they had done with the City Connects it would have worked better. Having a team introduce a uniform and keep it for 3-4 years, the cycle a new one in. I feel like ti wouldn't force them to have to create something new every year, and if a team (I.e. Utah, Pheonix) want to keep their City editions longer than the 3-4 years, then they can. 

• Like 3

Appears that the NBA will not be using the City Edition uniforms as the uniform for the home teams for the NBA Cup.

1. When the Kings posted the NBA Cup schedule, the team store posted this graphic with a link to the Statement Edition. 

2. On NBA 2K, when playing in Cup Games the auto jersey for the home team is Statement edition, all other games it auto selects Association as the home jersey.

3. The Bulls are revealing their City edition unis 2 days before their first NBA Cup game and their announced schedule is to only wear on Saturdays.

Will the league have special courts again?spacer.png

• Like 5

21 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Seems like 14.11 is a day when city will be revealed league wide.

Note that Bulls on this teaser used font from their 20/21 City, which might be a hint.

4 hours ago, tantheman said:

Appears that the NBA will not be using the City Edition uniforms as the uniform for the home teams for the NBA Cup.

1. When the Kings posted the NBA Cup schedule, the team store posted this graphic with a link to the Statement Edition. 

2. On NBA 2K, when playing in Cup Games the auto jersey for the home team is Statement edition, all other games it auto selects Association as the home jersey.

3. The Bulls are revealing their City edition unis 2 days before their first NBA Cup game and their announced schedule is to only wear on Saturdays.

Will the league have special courts again?spacer.png

Also of note, if you click that Bulls link in their tweet they listed the home games they're wearing their City Editions in. Their first home game wearing the City Edition is also November 23 (against Memphis). 

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

8 hours ago, patatouille said:

Apparently the Warriors classic is rumored to be a white version of the 2022 classics  

If it's true then I'm slighlty disappointed, because I really wanted one of these:

603e63c3191c9945ae65d7d56d081624.jpge3aaeaa7ea3138dfad037bb37bbf7c8f.jpg

I hope at least they bring back this court with some tweaks of course:

1warriors2.jpg

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

17 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Are you sure? I took font from their new city site, compare it to font from 2020 and it's exactly the same BullsDeco made by Twicolabs Fontdation back in 2018.

I meant that the uniform is not the same design as before. The font is indeed the exact same.

• Like 3