24 MLB Season Thread

Gary

"I, who grew up in the shadows of Ebbets Field and watched Jackie Robinson play, sold to the first Black-led ownership group in the history of the major leagues, and by the way, they're moving the team to Nashville, so really, the bad guy in all this is, well, not me" would be the perfect sort of Reinsdorfian meta-spite to close out his life in baseball. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Good.  Dave Dombrowski is part of the Music City Baseball Group, and has said he'll resign from the Phillies team that he turned into trash if Nashville were to make progress towards a team.  I hope this happens just to get his pathetic has-been ass out of town.  I hate his stupid giraffe neck, his stupid suits, his stupid haircut, and his stupidity.  Let's get this sale underway.

Oh and I love when they say "group led by former player [insert name here]", which is code for "we have a billionaire backer, but need a marketable face that will have about one half of one percent of a stake in the operation.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Good.  Dave Dombrowski is part of the Music City Baseball Group, and has said he'll resign from the Phillies team that he turned into trash if Nashville were to make progress towards a team.  I hope this happens just to get his pathetic has-been ass out of town.  I hate his stupid giraffe neck, his stupid suits, his stupid haircut, and his stupidity.  Let's get this sale underway.

Oh and I love when they say "group led by former player [insert name here]", which is code for "we have a billionaire backer, but need a marketable face that will have about one half of one percent of a stake in the operation.

Yes. Run DD out of town and bring an end to these 3 straight years of making the postseason, including a division championship this year and a World Series appearance 2 years ago. How dare he bring an end to a decade of futility. Oh the nerve. What fan from Philly, in their right mind, wants a team that wins?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Yes. Run DD out of town and bring an end to these 3 straight years of making the postseason, including a division championship this year and a World Series appearance 2 years ago. How dare he bring an end to a decade of futility. Oh the nerve. What fan from Philly, in their right mind, wants a team that wins?

regressing every year and picking up trash at the deadline isn’t winning. He’s not the only person that can make a winning team. There’s trams still playing that are run by better people. He just happens to have a blank check. He built an old tram with absurd and untraceable contracts, leaving home smith nearly no room to improve a trash team that quit at the end. F him. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

regressing every year and picking up trash at the deadline isn’t winning. He’s not the only person that can make a winning team. There’s trams still playing that are run by better people. He just happens to have a blank check. He built an old tram with absurd and untraceable contracts, leaving home smith nearly no room to improve a trash team that quit at the end. F him. 

2022: 3rd in NL East (87 wins)

2023: 2nd in NL East (90 wins)

2024: 1st in NL East (95 wins)

I wish the Cardinals would regress that badly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McCall said:

2022: 3rd in NL East (87 wins)

2023: 2nd in NL East (90 wins)

2024: 1st in NL East (95 wins)

I wish the Cardinals would regress that badly.

confirming why St. Louis is "baseball heaven" for players - failure and disappointment is no big deal.  I'd play there too if I could completely f up and still get a hug.  Scott Rolen was right.

Also, most Cardinals fans have experienced multiple championships in their lifetimes.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, BBTV said:

confirming why St. Louis is "baseball heaven" for players - failure and disappointment is no big deal.  I'd play there too if I could completely f up and still get a hug.  Scott Rolen was right.

Also, most Cardinals fans have experienced multiple championships in their lifetimes.

You literally referred to an increase in wins and position with the division as "regression". That's not "accepting failure" as you say about Cardinals fans, but rather complaining for the sake of complaining. Look back over this topic and count how many times you rant about the Phillies. You're really not in any position to imply another fanbase talks about their team too much.

1 minute ago, McCall said:

You literally referred to an increase in wins and position with the division as "regression". That's not "accepting failure" as you say about Cardinals fans, but rather complaining for the sake of complaining. Look back over this topic and count how many times you rant about the Phillies. You're really not in any position to imply another fanbase talks about their team too much.

NL Pennant > NLCS loss > Division championship.  That is literally the definition of regression.  One more regression would mean not winning anything (and they wouldn't have had the Braves not been decimated.)

I rant about the Phillies - AND I WAS PROVEN RIGHT.  In literally every single case, including the jerkoff from Anaheim.

We can derail this forever and eventually get modded, so you can have the last word.  My last word is that every single thing I've said was correct.

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Trams?

spacer.png

Dombo probably did build those, because they were old and broken down and pulled from service for years.  But now they're back, and they're awesome.  It's just too bad those particular ones only handle one or two routes, and the rest of them are the basic-ass-looking ones (too many of which have been shut down in the past 30 years.)