24 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Just now, TrueYankee26 said:

Jason Benetti last year was a White Sox announcer. Now hired by the Tigers who enjoy a playoff berth at the expense of the now 121 time losers 2024 Chicago White Sox.

Ugh, that reminds me, Wednesday night when the Sox won, their cornball announcer who replaced Benetti went "take THAT, history!" Shut up, dork. You're not even from here.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Umm that was fast 🤣

Granted I skimmed through most of it but caught a few of the quotes from ownership / management, and it kinda does seem like maybe they're tearing it all down to  play the "we need to move or be handed a new park because we're poor" card.  Doesn't seem like they're selling, so an ownership group that wants to being baseball somewhere (I think Nashville kinda has one?  But not a plan on where to play, which is, you know, kinda important) wouldn't be interested.

With their lease up after 4 more seasons, they need to figure it out quickly, try to sign some series of short extensions, which neither party would be too interested in.

It'd be hysterical if we somehow ended up with the Las Vegas White Sox (Gold Sox?) and the Homeless A's that were too inept to figure it out in LV.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For the sake of argument, let's say the White Sox DID end up in Nashville and, with the presumption of the A's building their stadium in Vegas, would cover what have probably been MLB's top two expansion targets. Would that put expansion talks on the backburner and remain at 30 teams for the time being or turn their sights towards two other markets, like say Montreal and one of Portland, San Antonio, Charlotte or Salt Lake?🤔