2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

On 9/30/2024 at 11:16 AM, Aardvark said:

Steelers don't need block numbers

If they wore that unique font in the 70s and switched to block numbers, people would call them boring and wish they would go back to the "classic" numbers.

But they didn’t.  So…

On 9/30/2024 at 10:57 AM, PhlyBoy said:

All this Cowboys talk, and I'll just never understand how fans can look at the home whites, and then the navys, and think the navy uni is not a top tier look in the league that should be worn as much as possible, besides "tradition." As others have stated on here, if they made a white version that mirrored the look and color of the navys, they would be a perfect pair that would rival Packers, Bears, and Chargers for that top group

spacer.png

Sorry, that navy uniform is not a top tier anything.  

Even with the obvious matching flaws I’d take the white Cowboy uniform over anything else they’re currently trotting out.  The navy and silver is just a boring version of the color scheme that’s being worn (as an ugly version) in Seattle, New England, and Tennessee.  Enough navy already.  And those cheap looking offset outlined numbers?  Embarrassing.  The numbers look like they were taken from a Kmart knockoff from the 70’s.   

The Cowboys white uniforms have problems but they have one major thing going for them… when the team wears them they look like the Dallas Cowboys.  

• Like 8
  • Meh 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Sorry, that navy uniform is not a top tier anything.  

Even with the obvious matching flaws I’d take the white Cowboy uniform over anything else they’re currently trotting out.  The navy and silver is just a boring version of the color scheme that’s being worn (as an ugly version) in Seattle, New England, and Tennessee.  Enough navy already.  And those cheap looking offset outlined numbers?  Embarrassing.  The numbers look like they were taken from a Kmart knockoff from the 70’s.   

The Cowboys white uniforms have problems but they have one major thing going for them… when the team wears them they look like the Dallas Cowboys.  

Offset/double outlined number slander will not be tolerated.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 1

You can't get rid of the silver-green for Dallas. The reason that color exists is because in the 1960s, Tex Schramm saw a car and liked the color of its upholstery. Again: an executive who went by the name "Tex" spotted some mid-century car that thought it was a boat and unilaterally insisted that his business build a brand around it. This is one of the most Dallas things that has ever happened. You can't just replace that with grey or white.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

You can't get rid of the silver-green for Dallas. The reason that color exists is because in the 1960s, Tex Schramm saw a car and liked the color of its upholstery. Again: an executive who went by the name "Tex" spotted some mid-century car that thought it was a boat and unilaterally insisted that his business build a brand around it. This is one of the most Dallas things that has ever happened. You can't just replace that with grey or white.

I'd like to contrast this hilarious story (for which I must go light a candle in a Church to thank God for its existence) with Jerry Jones' decades long crusade to turn the Cowboys into the New York Yankees.

• Like 2

Bills predictably switch to all-white after the loss Sunday night. They are a prime example of a team that needs to win when they wear their better looks. Otherwise it won't be worn the next game.

I also saw that the Seahawks are wearing all navy again. Gray pants would've been awesome against the white pants Giants. Seattle hasn't ever worn anything besides all navy with the current set at home vs. new York.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Bills predictably switch to all-white after the loss Sunday night. They are a prime example of a team that needs to win when they wear their better looks. Otherwise it won't be worn the next game.

I also saw that the Seahawks are wearing all navy again. Gray pants would've been awesome against the white pants Giants. Seattle hasn't ever worn anything besides all navy with the current set at home vs. new York.

True, but with the Texans wearing their all-blue unis this week it kinda makes sense...creates some needed contrast.

Personally, I'd love to see the Bills break out their red pants...

• Like 1

This would be their best white combo if they stuck to the blue socks.

• Like 2

Based on the past few years the Seahawks wear navy/grey twice in the middle-late part of the season so I would guess it will be worn against the rams and cardinals

6 minutes ago, Colin56 said:

The Jags haven't looked good on a football field since 2008, this is an iconic moment.

Too bad they'll probably still play like trash while wearing it... 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The GUD sock-switching animation annoys the crap out of me. If individual players aren't wearing the right socks, that shouldn't be GUD's problem, especially if it's only a couple of them. I didn't see a single Charger wearing white leggings vs the Chiefs but apparently the white and blue socks were both equally valid according to GUD.

• Like 5