2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Outside of some of the terrible uniform & helmet designs, which we now know aren't fully (or at all) the fault of Nike,  I agree with this 100%. 

The upgrade in both uniform quality, design, and fan apparel is light years ahead of what Reebok gave us.  Under Armour, New Era, New Balance, etc. cannot design & deliver the same quality and depth of product, and while adidas could probably match production scale, they've never excelled in fan wear and their uniform builds have always been second or third rate in quality & aesthetics to Nike.  

So, that truly only leaves Fanatics, in my opinion, with Project Rock/UA as a wild card, because Dwayne could source additional investors to do that kind of a deal, but they'd still need Fanatics for production on fanwear.  

I don't see a better option than Nike at this moment.

The one exception to what you're saying about Nike's improvements is their failure (or refusal) to manufacture any equipment with dazzle fabric. Teams like the Raiders and the Saints (when they don't make [MOD EDIT] decisions) look significantly worse in flat versions of what are supposed to be metallic colors.

Other than that, I agree.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

I find it difficult to believe that Fanatics had no responsibility in the MLB's issues when their own products are every bit as cheap and low-quality - and when Nike hasn't had this many problems in other sports. I think they're just trying to dump all the blame on Nike to avoid scrutiny themselves. What Nike does deserve blame for is partnering with a company that is synonymous with cheap crap and then being surprised that the result was cheap crap.

And if the MLB is any indication, it's also far too soon to start celebrating the job Fanatics is doing with the NHL. Remember, the MLB was still using Majestic's specifications for a while after the Nike/Fanatics deal started. Once Fanatics eventually starts tinkering with the NHL's uniforms, I expect the quality to plummet.

It wasn't Fanatics putting out the memo, it was MLB who confirmed that Nike was behind the issues. It's their swoosh on the uniforms, so they're the ones who have final say in the product.

I'm not going to defend the quality of the fan merchandise they put out, but there's been no evidence of them being responsible for poor on-field gear. I expect the "muhhh...Fanaticsbad" hivemind thinking from people on twitter/reddit, but these boards should have a better understanding of the nuances of uniform design.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

47 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

It gets worse...

Really could't make it to Week 7 without going back to the leggings look? My God that emoji infuriates the crap out of me. Every damn team in the league's social media person uses it.

Conformity, that's what it is. One neckbeard social media guy sees another team doing it and jumps on the bandwagon...

Was hoping for green pants...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

It gets worse...

Really could't make it to Week 7 without going back to the leggings look? My God that emoji infuriates the crap out of me. Every damn team in the league's social media person uses it.

if an emoji infuriates you, please seek help immediately.

• LOL 2

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

26 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

I bet I’m not the only one. And I mean more that like 27 teams use it and all think they’re cool and clever. It’s dumb.

What you mean to say is it's [MOD EDIT]...

(Also, do I want to know what the origins are of this [MOD EDIT] thing thats been going here lately??)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 minutes ago, tBBP said:

What you mean to say is it's [MOD EDIT]...

(Also, do I want to know what the origins are of this [MOD EDIT] thing thats been going here lately??)

to quote robert downey jr. @HOOVER went full [MOD EDIT]. Never go full [MOD EDIT].

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

2 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

It gets worse...

Not too surprised, honestly. If we stick with the superstition theory of uniform combo choices, they already lost in white/green/green and white/white/green, of course they're trying something different. Of course, they made the wrong choice, considering that white/green/white was also available. 

30 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Not too surprised, honestly. If we stick with the superstition theory of uniform combo choices, they already lost in white/green/green and white/white/green, of course they're trying something different. Of course, they made the wrong choice, considering that white/green/white was also available. 

It’s only week 7. There’s still time.

46 minutes ago, ruttep said:

If they're doing it for superstitious reasons, they will eventually run out of uni combos to wear.😁

9 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

It gets worse...

What is with this stupid 'white out' phase NFL teams are doing? It's not a novelty if 85% of the league does it.