2025 MLB Uniform/Logo Changes

14 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I know the Mets are tied to the Yankees, despite being the Phillies rival.  There's no rivalry between the Pirates and Phillies, and it's not like they're even that close, relative to the $20 train or $15 bus ride to either NY, DC, or BAL.

And Padres vs Mariners?  I guess at some point they simply have to pair the leftover teams, but that's a stretch (unless there's something I'm not aware of.)

Is there a Rockies/DBacks rivalry?  I know they're looking to do intra-city and intra-state first and foremost, but I'd probably go with Rockies-Marlins and Rays-DBacks since they were expansion partners in 93 and 98 respectively.

It was clearly interleague rivalries first, then they made some intraleague rivalries when, I assume, there were no true interleague ones left. Then the Padres-Mariners were the leftovers.

19 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I know the Mets are tied to the Yankees, despite being the Phillies rival.  There's no rivalry between the Pirates and Phillies, and it's not like they're even that close, relative to the $20 train or $15 bus ride to either NY, DC, or BAL.

And Padres vs Mariners?  I guess at some point they simply have to pair the leftover teams, but that's a stretch (unless there's something I'm not aware of.)

Is there a Rockies/DBacks rivalry?  I know they're looking to do intra-city and intra-state first and foremost, but I'd probably go with Rockies-Marlins and Rays-DBacks since they were expansion partners in 93 and 98 respectively.

Padres-Mariners and Rockies-DBacks also share spring training venues in Arizona.  They were probably the hardest 4 to pair up, but they do have something in common.

On 7/19/2024 at 10:29 AM, udubfan19 said:

the MLB makes it out to be more than it is, I have never heard of that name ever, or any Mariners fans despising them as much as the Blue jays or Astros, although I have to say they have the worst uniform colors in the MLB. 

What are you talking about? Mariners fans not liking the Blue Jays? Explain, please.

15 hours ago, Dynasty said:

What are you talking about? Mariners fans not liking the Blue Jays? Explain, please.

every time the blue jays come to Seattle, the team shop sells their jerseys, and mariners fans get mad at the team shop for that, and other mariner fans for getting outnumbered by Jay's fans in their own stadium, something only the cubs could also pull off in Seattle.

8 hours ago, udubfan19 said:

every time the blue jays come to Seattle, the team shop sells their jerseys, and mariners fans get mad at the team shop for that, and other mariner fans for getting outnumbered by Jay's fans in their own stadium, something only the cubs could also pull off in Seattle.

I don't really get selling opposing team merch, but aren't the Blue Jays technically a national team for Canada? And with Vancouver not too far, I would expect Seattle to receive a fair number of Canadians. At least you aren't getting New Yorkers and Bostonians coming down to Camden Yards like in Baltimore.

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

I don't really get selling opposing team merch, but aren't the Blue Jays technically a national team for Canada? And with Vancouver not too far, I would expect Seattle to receive a fair number of Canadians. At least you aren't getting New Yorkers and Bostonians coming down to Camden Yards like in Baltimore.

they don't do it for any other team, that's why the Mariners fans are mad about it

• 3 weeks later...