Ok, I have got to ask

Cyclopsis Joe

So are you calling yourself "white trash" or "trailor trash"? Just a question, don't get too offended. ^_^

As a person who happens to live in a trailer, I resent that remark. Congratulations on demonstrating your obtusity, myopia, and ability to stereotype.

(Oh, and don't look now, but you misspelled "trailer.")

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nascar-dad-MAIN.jpg

thats disturbing

No different than a guy in a Bertuzzi jersey beating on the glass when the puck goes in the corner.

true, but hte guy int he Bertuzzi jersey is in a Bertuzzi Jersey...and I know that this one picture is not reflective of NASCAR fans as a whole...I just don't dig the product that NASCAR is selling

nascar-dad-MAIN.jpg

thats disturbing

No different than a guy in a Bertuzzi jersey beating on the glass when the puck goes in the corner.

true, but hte guy int he Bertuzzi jersey is in a Bertuzzi Jersey...and I know that this one picture is not reflective of NASCAR fans as a whole...I just don't dig the product that NASCAR is selling

True, this guys shirt is very subdued. He need WAY more color in it. Looks like he used the brush he was painting his house with to make it.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

nascar-dad-MAIN.jpg

thats disturbing

True, this guys shirt is very subdued. He need WAY more color in it. Looks like he used the brush he was painting his house with to make it.

Shirt? It looks like he shaved the 3 into his back hair. :lol:

nascar-dad-MAIN.jpg

thats disturbing

Shirt? It looks like he shaved the 3 into his back hair. :lol:

Ohhhh, so that was George "The Animal" Steele at the race.

semperfi.gif

Watching 35 rednecks race in a circle for three hours is not a sport. It's a test of paitence. "How long can i watch this before running my head into a wall?"

Bring NASCAR back to it's roots. Have the drivers carry some 'shine in their car, and see if they can outrun the law. The winner is the one not in prison.

Rednecks go to jail, and i get entertained. A Win-Win.

LOL...thats the best way to look at NASCAR ive heard yet :notworthy:

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

I think there are some old drivers and some young ones. No gay ones that I know of. Or black. Might be a woman somewhere. And the cars are different...some are Dodge, others are Chevrolet. Once in a while they make a right turn.

is that diverse?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm just wondering...... is there ANY diversity in NASCAR?

By diversity, I assume you mean black involvement. 20 years ago or so the only diversity in hockey was Tony McKegney and Grant Fuhr. It's not a lack of diversity by exclusion, it's a lack of diversity by lack of interest. In the lower ranks of NASCAR there are programs and people in place to help ensure diversity happens.

There aren't many drivers in NASCAR's top series who just woke up one day and said "Hey i'm gonna drive". Not the newer, younger ones. Most come from families with a long involvement in racing, so they started at the age of 5 or 6 racing carts and worked their way up from there.

They've had black owners, who eventually gave up because they couldn't find QUALIFIED drivers. Julius Irving, Joe Washington, & Larry Nance all tried to start teams but gave up when no black driver could fill the seat. The explicit purpose was to have a black driver. There has not been enough interest in the black community in the past that there is a large enough talent pool to draw from. If racing in NASCAR were as easy as you think it would not be so difficult to just drop someone in a car.

How's the diversity in F-1 and CART? How about horse racing? Hockey coaching and management? Is hockey truly diverse?

semperfi.gif

I'm just wondering...... is there ANY diversity in NASCAR?

They have Magic Johnson of all people (If I remember correctly) spearheading a new "NASCAR Diversity" program.

Also: Bill Lester. He drives a TOYOTA in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series...and he's black. There was a driver back a long time ago who won in the Grand National Division I believe (Later Winston Cup==Then==> Nextel Cup)..he won a race, then when NASCAR (who WAS nothing but rednecks) refused to acknowledge..he quit..it took about 30-40 years, but they finally gave him the win.

Also (2): There have been female drivers in the past..Tina Gordon (no relation to Jeff or Robby) comes to mind. There was one in Winston Cup (Now Nextel Cup) who unfortunately drove for an inferior team. Teresa Earnhardt (Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s widow) owns DEI which one of it's drivers is leading the points right now.

No one ever seems to realize that they actually have drivers from all over the country..Steve Park and Jimmie Johnson come to mind (New Hampshire and El Cajon, California respectively). New York got into a bidding war with Seattle for one race a year. Hell, Hideo Fukuyama drove a couple races in '01 and he didn't even speak english (From Japan). Toyota is starting in the truck series, and is expected to run all the way to Cup by 2005.

Chevy, Ford, and Dodge all are really territorial, and the road course races are fun...I mean, Daytona in 1948 was a race on the highway and out onto the beach.

One other thing: NASCAR bought out CASCAR (Canadian Association of Stock Car Auto Racing)..which probably means that NASCAR Canada is coming soon.

NOT EVEN THE CANADIANS CAN ESCAPE!

And are you kidding me? If there was a gay driver, he/she would never admit it.

AND ONE MORE THING I FORGOT: NASCAR's Busch Series has a race at Autodromo de Hermanos Rodriguez next year..AKA: Mexico City.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Women of NASCAR

* Sara Christian (1949-1950) 7 races

* Louise Smith (1949-1950) 11 races

* Ethel Mobley (1949) 2 races

* Ann Bunselmeyer (1950) 1 race

* Ann Chester (1950) 2 races

* Marian Pagan (1954) 1 race

* Fifi Scott (1955) 2 races

* Goldie Parsons (1965) 1 race

* Janet Guthrie (1976-1980) 33 races

* Christine Beckers (1977) 1 race

* Lella Lombardi (1977) 1 race

* Robin McCall (1982) 2 races

* Patty Moise (1987-89) 5 races

* Shawna Robinson (2001-02 ) 7? races

semperfi.gif

How's the diversity in F-1 and CART? How about horse racing? Hockey coaching and management? Is hockey truly diverse?

There have been few Latin/South American and Asian drivers in F1 and CART. Horse racing is quite diverse because there are races all over the world. All three have quite a global following.

I saw, I came, I left.

How's the diversity in F-1 and CART?  How about horse racing?  Hockey coaching and management?  Is hockey truly diverse?

There have been few Latin/South American and Asian drivers in F1 and CART. Horse racing is quite diverse because there are races all over the world. All three have quite a global following.

I wasn't counting Latin or Asian persons. 99.9% of the time when a person brings up diversity in NASCAR they are talking about African-americans. Can't recall ever hearing someone mention lack of asian or latin participation in NASCAR, outside of complaining when Toyota was introduced as a model.

semperfi.gif

So are you calling yourself "white trash" or "trailor trash"?  Just a question, don't get too offended.  ^_^

As a person who happens to live in a trailer, I resent that remark. Congratulations on demonstrating your obtusity, myopia, and ability to stereotype.

(Oh, and don't look now, but you misspelled "trailer.")

Get over it!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

How's the diversity in F-1 and CART?  How about horse racing?  Hockey coaching and management?  Is hockey truly diverse?

There is a Canadian in NASCAR and there used to be a Brazilian.

Archived