Nouvelle-France Rebellion Concept Logos

pollux

This is a concept I have been working on for a while. Since I live in Quebec, and travel a lot between villages, I noticed the Patriot's route during the 19th century. I remembered seeing this in school, so I thought of the Rebellion in 1837. And the patriot in the logo is very well known throughout the province.

The secondary logo is the flag that represented the patriotic movement during the Rebellion.

So here it is!!

NFRebellion.gif

C&C welcome and encouraged!!! ^_^

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Vive le revolution!

never mind my spelling--

It may sound better to my ears if Rebellion were made to sound French--but if it's spelled the same with no accents, etc.--then ignore that comment

Nice logo though--very fitting look...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Vive le revolution!

never mind my spelling--

It may sound better to my ears if Rebellion were made to sound French--but if it's spelled the same with no accents, etc.--then ignore that comment

Nice logo though--very fitting look...

Actually, the exact term would be Rébellion, but I used the e without any accent because it was in capitals letters and it would have touched the "Nouvelle-France"... And it can be pronunced both in French and English that way!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I like it, but the wordmark can be jazzed up a lil more by maybe adding a color outline to it and then have the black and on the secondary the black around the flagstick is a bit too thick.

Thanks for the comments joshua... I modified the wordmark, but with a white outline instead of a colored one (the contrast looks better).

I also made the black around the flag stick thinner, and I have to say that it looks much better like this!

Here the second version!

NFRebellion2.gif

C&C always welcome!

It looks good, Pollux, but it brings the FLQ to mind.

Indeed Gordie, because the FLQ used the same patriot on their "commniqués"... But it still reflects the 1837 rebellion, so I wanted to use that patriot too.

Well, no matter how you look at it, it's distinct to Quebec. :grin:

Hey Pollux, do you use CorelDraw?

I have to agree that this is unique to La Belle Province... And I work with Illustrator 10 (finally could afford it!) ^_^

Soldier to general: Psstt.. here's a Hungarian flag, it's the best I can do. Let's just turn to upside-down as pass it as our own flag

Although this is what it looks like, I found out that the flag was first used in 1848 by Hungary, and it became their official flag only in 1957...

They were the one thinking to invert the flag :D

Well, no matter how you look at it, it's distinct to Quebec.  :grin:

Hey Pollux, do you use CorelDraw?

I have to agree that this is unique to La Belle Province... And I work with Illustrator 10 (finally could afford it!) ^_^

Okay.

I read somewhere that CorelDraw users are noticeable because they tend to use heavier outlines, and I think it's true in my case. However, I think iDonovan uses Corel, and his outlines don't look too heavy. Your outlines are kind of heavy on this logo, so I was just wondering if you fit the theory or not. :D

I love your revisions, great work. only suggustion i have now is to maybe bring in some of the colors from the secondary into the primary logo.

you mean colors from the flag?

Soldier to general: Psstt.. here's a Hungarian flag, it's the best I can do. Let's just turn to upside-down as pass it as our own flag

Although this is what it looks like, I found out that the flag was first used in 1848 by Hungary, and it became their official flag only in 1957...

They were the one thinking to invert the flag :D

:lol: Yeah I figured the Hungarian flag was used afterwards. I was originally going to say a poor man's Iranian flag, but finally said no to it :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Hmmmm.

Politically, I'll admit it does make one ill at ease. I mean, I understand it's to represent the 1837 rebellion, and as that goes, it's a pretty cool concept for a team identity. That said though, I couldn't help but notice the words OCTOBER CRISIS flash across my mind as soon as I saw the image of the patriot. Don't get me wrong, I'm all against living in an eggshell society, and while I personally don't find the image overly offensive, I could imagine others not being as forgiving.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Hmmmm.

Politically, I'll admit it does make one ill at ease. I mean, I understand it's to represent the 1837 rebellion, and as that goes, it's a pretty cool concept for a team identity. That said though, I couldn't help but notice the words OCTOBER CRISIS flash across my mind as soon as I saw the image of the patriot. Don't get me wrong, I'm all against living in an eggshell society, and while I personally don't find the image overly offensive, I could imagine others not being as forgiving.

I have to admit that I wasn't sure either if I wanted to use it. You might have lived the October Crisis but I haven't and I've learned about it in school. That's probably why it doesn't bother me as much.

joshua, I tried adding colors from the flag, but it didn't really fit on the patriot, so I think I'm going to stick with what I have right now...

Any more comments?

The revolutionary's arms should have more muscle, and maybe have a smaller torso, so he looks like he would actually be a threat instead of someone who would fall over after 5 minutes of fighting.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived