New Bengals...

coggs

Aren't those Canis' uniforms pics?   :therock:

Sure looks like it. I like the face he added to the 1960 - 1961 Buffalo Bills.

EDIT: He credits Canis at the bottom of the page:

The uniform template is the exclusive property of Craig C. Wheeler and may not be used by any other party without the written consent of Craig C. Wheeler. Any unapproved use of this template or recreation is prosecutable under international trademark laws. See Wheeler's complete uniform history site at http://www.athlegraphic.com/FFP/

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

first thing I thought when I saw them was that the Philadelpia Flyers had spawned a b@stard lacross child...I'll give them this much, they are creative in design, following int he Bengals namesake. They have that minor leagueish feel, where the design gets too complicated and cartoonish, away from the 'prestigue' of traditional designs.

throw me in the "I like'em" boat

fugly. Another shining example of a good intentions gone wrong.

I like the idea of updating the shoulders and contrasting the sleeves

but that's where it ends. The side panels, the little hint of white

at the tops of the pants, the numbers all scream overkill.

Remove the sidepanels on both jerseys, remove the extraneous

white transition at the the top of the pants, give me last years pants

and a full block font that better matches the primary typeface

and we have a great uniform. And ditch the "B" at the collar,

If anything just put the "bengals" logotype there or tiger head or leaping tiger

My 2¢.

being the bengals fan that I am, I felt that I had to buy a new jersey, when I went to the store I chose a black John Kitna jersey because for one it was cheaper, and two I have this feeling that Carson will become another Akili SMith or David klingler, because that seems to happen a lot with this franchise, and I chose black because it was the least intolerable. I hate the new uniforms, I think they look bad and are uneccesary, the only thing I had to brag about the bengals to people was that they had the best uniforms, now I don't even have that. These uniforms have not grown on me, they've grown off me, I hated them when they first came out and now that the bengals have started 1-3 I hate them even more. They look ridiculous.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I have to say, I'm not in the "I like 'em" boat. Simple, clean and classy is more my style.

Agreed, which is why I LOVED when the Giants went back to the grey pants, the ny helmet, and the solid blue jerseys without stripes.

I think all these shoulder designs should be outlawed. The shoulders should only have numbers.

This is worse than the Bills, but probably not as bad as the Seahawks. :puke:

being the bengals fan that I am, I felt that I had to buy a new jersey, when I went to the store I chose a black John Kitna jersey because for one it was cheaper

what kind of soup did you get?

being the bengals fan that I am, I felt that I had to buy a new jersey, when I went to the store I chose a black John Kitna jersey because for one it was cheaper

Excuse Me?

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Excuse Me?

Read the original post, then read your post and my reply.

Rodney was one of the greats, and will certainly be missed.

These jerseys are awful. The more I see them, the more I think they're crap. Putrid. Last year's versions were miles better.

Whoever designed these new uniforms, and the Bills' uniforms, must have smoked one joint too many.

I always thought the new Bills was too much "inspired" by the Alouettes...

That's what I figured.

When the new Alouettes' road uniforms came out in July 2000, I'd thought "I gotta get me one of those." They took the upper part of the 1977 Home jerseys, which are in my book a classic, and added "MONTREAL" on the jerseys. (Which I came up with that idea for my fantasy football team back in 1995) I am a proud owner of this road jersey with Mike Pringle's name and number on it.

The Bills had outstandingly beautiful, seemingly traditional in a modern way, uniforms. Why the heck did they change them? The new helmets with the darker blue and silver stripes aren't so bad, but the rest of it flat-out sucks. Even the road uniforms, what the heck were they thinking? They look like a freakin' high school team. If they could add the word "BUFFALO" on the front, then you got something. Until they realize, like you mentioned, they're really copying the Alouettes.

As for the Bengals, I absolutely went crazy for the tigerstripe-clad unis when first introduced in 1981. I remember having a helmet and jersey when I was a kid. When they added the tiger logo on the sleeves, that was cool, too. But these new ones... :puke: Can you say "Jumanji"? Might as well go on a safari, and bring my own shotgun, and shoot these hideous bastard threads.

Archived