Dennis dodd - anaheim & minnesota unis suck

IowaFan26

O.K. Here it is.

Dennis Dodd, supreme fashion expert that he is, did a article about how the Anaheim-Minnesota West Finals of the Stanley Cup is a marketing nightmare.

I read through most of it and what I got out of it was:

"Minnesota and Anaheim's uniforms suck."

Here's the link to his article:

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nhl/story/6361816

And here's how you can contact Dennis about his article if you disagree:

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/columns/writers/dodd

Just thought you guys might like to see this.

sig09.jpg

I agree with him that Anaheim's uniforms are.... not up to snuff, and that the name "Wild" is just hideous...

But Minnesota's uniforms MORE than make up for the name. They have an incredable, fantastic logo, and their uniforms are of an amazing design (i don't like the numbers, but other than that...)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I like the Wild's logo and uniforms, which is why I have one. Say I did just see Metallica's new logo? As for Anaheim, I can at least deal with the white jerseys. Too bad that they did not make use of the green jerseys they used in the original Mighty Ducks movie. I thought that was cool! :)

Essendon_small.jpgEssendon_mascot_small.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

The factual inaccuracies in this thing are amazing, never mind the author's obviously cool attitude towards hockey and anything not New York. (Ironic, given that he lives, according to the site, in Kansas City.) For example:

Look at Walz who swatted a puck in mid-air into Vancouver's net after it had popped up from behind the goal Thursday night.

Perhaps he missed it, but that was Pascal Dupuis who put in that amazing goal.

I hate it when sports people who are otherwise hockey illiterate attempt to write an article about it. They always write as if the game were from another planet.

And then they try to act all witty and knowledgeable, as seen in this rip on Sandis Ozolinsh having scored the series-winner against the Stars:

Twelve years ago he was playing in the minors in Kansas City.

Yeah, that's because he was just cracking his way into the league in the San Jose system. Perhaps you missed his All-Star nod this year?

What a maroon. Go back to watching something a bit slower, since you obviously can't keep up.

</fan sport='hockey' level='BITTER'>

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

i know he aint gonna come down here, but the media should just report the on-field stuff and let US complain about uniforms, that's why we're here :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

that guy is the biggest moron int he world.... fashion executive..? why doesn't he just go shave his legs already and join the parade

I have to stick up for Dennis Dodd here.  He's a fantastic college football writer who had the whole BCS-Rose Bowl mess pegged long before most people were really thinking about it.  That being said, he has no businees writing a hockey article.  It's obvious he's not a huge fan of the game, nor does he appear to be an affecianado of uniforms, but many people on this board have shared his dislike for the Mighty Ducks identity, and many sports journalists share his dislike for singular team nicknames.  

Don't judge him based on an article he wrote outside his expertise.  Tell him never to write another hockey article again, but let's stop far short from calling his the biggest moron in the world.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Any one notice that he doesn't even talk about the uniforms, but only about the Wild's logo (which he seems ignorant on how it's a multi-level logo) and how the Ducks were named after a Disney movie (and other than that one fact, nothing else bad about them).

And I can't figure out why he picks on Sandis Ozolinsh and doesn't even acknowledge that the Ducks picked him up for the reasons he stated.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Wow their hockey writers must be on vacation.  Not good when a sports site has to turn to a college football writer so he can slam the jerseys and logos.  His "expertise" seems as much out of the hockey circle than anything.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived