chargers looked wicked in powder blues

IceCap

I like the Fouts era jerseys too, and no I am NOT one of those, retro is better than new person. The Chargers have had great uniforms in their history, I even like the navy blue and white of today.. but it is getting boring. it is sharp yes.. but I am bored of it. My favorite Chargers jerseys pretty much go in order of how they wore them.. Collegiate Blue...Navy/Gold... Navy/White

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They currently have a reason to wear throwbacks: the 45th anniversary of the Los Angeles/San Diego Chargers and of the American Football League. It would be nice if all AFL alumni wore throwbacks this year.

Do they have the Anniversary patch anywhere? Was that announced as the reason for the throwbacks? What about last year?

STOP MAKING :censored: UP!!!!!!!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I equate the San Diego powder blue with the Broncos orange... there's a vocal group that wants them used full-time, and then there are people with taste like myself, Moser, ICS, Mockba, etc., that have things figured out. :P

I know the light blue is nostalgic, I know it inspires thoughts of the good old days, hell I even like seeing the kitschy bastards once a year. But just as styles have changed over the quater decade since these wee last used, I really do think they'd go out of favor quickly if used more than once a year. The navy blues communicate an entirely different persona than the powders, and I were involved in the organization, I'd be a lot more receptive to it's message.

Enjoy the vintage look in small doses, but don't revert. It would very literally be a step backwards.

I equate the San Diego powder blue with the Broncos orange... there's a vocal group that wants them used full-time, and then there are people with taste like myself, Moser, ICS, Mockba, etc., that have things figured out. :P

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you, but when the vast majority of a team's fans want an old look back, they should be listened to.

By any measure taken to date, the vast majority of Chargers fans want the collegiate blues back. Not a vocal minority, the vast majority.

I tend to defer to a team's fans when this question comes up.

By any measure taken to date, the vast majority of Chargers fans want the collegiate blues back. Not a vocal minority, the vast majority.

thank u.

They currently have a reason to wear throwbacks: the 45th anniversary of the Los Angeles/San Diego Chargers and of the American Football League. It would be nice if all AFL alumni wore throwbacks this year.

yes it is an aniversery, but so is every year. last year was the 44th, next year will be the 46th. u cant have a patch every year. u only commemerate the big aniverseries: 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 75, 80, 100. i think they only celebrated the 40th was so they could have an excuse to roll out the powder blues (alts in the nfl were not allowed back then.) it was like spanos new what teh fans wanted the powder blues, but beacsue he is an ego-sentric jerk, didnt want them back full time. so he needed a reason to bring them out to keep the fans happy. then the nfl said a team could wear a throwback or alternate once a year, and spanos was laughing. now he gets to continue to use his navy monstrasities, while still claiming he listens to the fans.

Archived