NFL in LA concept

puckcool22

I give you: The Los Angeles Gods!

I made this team in madden, so I really wish I had that madden generic logo with the hand holding a lightning bolt as the logo, but the L A with lightning bolts is nice also I think. But what do you think of this!? I tried to use a color scheme unique to the NFL- burnt orange and silver. C and C please, and if you have a "Gods" logo to contribute please feel free to help.

lagods1.gif

EDIT* as improved by rmered: please comment on the uniform and not the name also

Puckcool.gif

signature.gif

Well...

Points for using unique colors, although I think burnt orange and silver is a bit plain. Maybe add a darker accent color (Navy?)

I don't know what you could use for a God logo. Possibly a football with rays of light behind it

I really dislike the template used, mostly the helmet. Try something else from the templates thread.

That's all I have.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I doubt any team would seriously take the name "Gods" as their nickname. I'm sure specific codes may have been used in the past - Nordic type names perhaps, Thor, etc., but not "Gods" in general. Imagine if they sucked!!!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

I like those hand logos w/ the bolts. I was planning on making a concept for a team called the Olympians so that would fit or be a good secondary to my original thought of a half body guy throwing a bolt. As for the concept, its ok. I guess ur using paint so its not ur fault.

Howard1.jpg

The name is still a little sacreligions for my taste.

Is that because LA is a God forsaken place?

Or because "Thou should not take the Lord's name in vain".

A little of both. Depends on where they put the stadium.

VmWIn6B.png

I like those hand logos w/ the bolts. I was planning on making a concept for a team called the Olympians so that would fit or be a good secondary to my original thought of a half body guy throwing a bolt. As for the concept, its ok. I guess ur using paint so its not ur fault.

Try and find the Melbourne Storm rugby logo. That looks kinda like that. And is pretty good.

shop_title.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I'm with you & Greg, there's virtually no chance of anyone ever using the name for all the obvious reasons. As far as where they put the stadium, would anywhere in LA be a place for the Gods to live? Olympus (the camera company) Stadium?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I'm with you & Greg, there's virtually no chance of anyone ever using the name for all the obvious reasons. As far as where they put the stadium, would anywhere in LA be a place for the Gods to live? Olympus (the camera company) Stadium?

I'm nodding in agreement...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

There is a Mount Olympus area of LA, but that's residential. The Coliseum is actually in a really crappy area (USC must have one hell of a security force), and Carson is kinda borderline (although the Home Depot Center is very nice). Anaheim (next to Angel Stadium) is in a nice area, same with Pasadena, but those aren't in LA city limits. Besides, the ACLU wouldn't let the name pass, especially since they just pressured LA County into changing its seal, removing an image of an angel and a cross in favor of a Native American woman and Mission San Gabriel (without crosses).

VmWIn6B.png

Now that I think about it, it sorta reminds me of the Golden State Warriors. But I wish the current Warriors logo didn't exist so that this wouldn't remind me of it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Besides, the ACLU wouldn't let the name pass, especially since they just pressured LA County into changing its seal, removing an image of an angel and a cross in favor of a Native American woman and Mission San Gabriel (without crosses).

I would have thought the ACLU would love to take the name God and make it mean something other than God.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Besides, the ACLU wouldn't let the name pass, especially since they just pressured LA County into changing its seal, removing an image of an angel and a cross in favor of a Native American woman and Mission San Gabriel (without crosses).

I would have thought the ACLU would love to take the name God and make it mean something other than God.

No, lately the just sick the hounds on anything that can even be taken to be religions. They just recently made Redlands (a city about 50 miles inland in the mountains) remove a cross from the police department's patch.

VmWIn6B.png

No, lately the just sick the hounds on anything that can even be taken to be religions.  They just recently made Redlands (a city about 50 miles inland in the mountains) remove a cross from the police department's patch.

Religious in general or Christian?

I can't see them ever taking on the Muslims about removing crescents.

I guess, not wanting to be chopped up into little bits might drive this aversion.

PS Stop me if we're getting off track of an NFL team in LA

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived