October 16th, 2003

marlinfan

Today on PTI, they said that Bartman barely leaves his apartment now and basically cannot show his face anywhere. It's tragic. It's not his fault and even if it was, should it really destroy his life?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Er... it was fault of Steve Homerman...

Better I'd turn off the TV... tiring of The Simpsons Marathon. :D

Ok so he's responsible for:

The final outs that the Cubs couldn't make after the incident?

The series lead that the Cubs had going into game 6?

All the errors that the Cubs performed that could of secured them the NL championship?

Being a normal fan and going after the foul ball?

For god's sake everyone, if that was you, you would have gone for the ball. Don't say anything differently, because I would have gone for the ball too! What about the people near him? If one of them touched it first, would it still be Steve Bartman's fault?

The kid was enjoying the game. THAT'S WHAT THE fluff BASEBALL IS ABOUT!!!!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Didn't someone do that in Shea Stadium Vs. the Braves one time?

Seems like it was the year of the Subway Series.

Not sure but I know that someone did it in the World Series for the Brewers

what the hell is ccslc?

All the errors that the Cubs performed that could of secured them the NL championship?

For god's sake everyone, if that was you, you would have gone for the ball. Don't say anything differently, because I would have gone for the ball too! What about the people near him? If one of them touched it first, would it still be Steve Bartman's fault?

Amen!

Steve Bartman was created by the media and fans who would choose to find anyone but their beloved Cubbies to blame for the Cubs inability to win.

It's like blaming a bad call for your loss. Yes, it might have been crucial, and decided the game, but what about the minutes before that... in which you had every opportunity to decide the game? You yourself failed to decide the game in the 60/48/60 minutes/9 innings before that, and you failed... how can you singularly blame 1 or 2 failures by the refs?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Amen!

Steve Bartman was created by the media and fans who would choose to find anyone but their beloved Cubbies to blame for the Cubs inability to win.

It's like blaming a bad call for your loss. Yes, it might have been crucial, and decided the game, but what about the minutes before that... in which you had every opportunity to decide the game? You yourself failed to decide the game in the 60/48/60 minutes/9 innings before that, and you failed... how can you singularly blame 1 or 2 failures by the refs?

Exactly! Case in point......Bill Buckner!

Bill Buckner was a great player. His offense was good, as was his excellant fielding ability except for that one time. But what about Bob Stanley?

Bob Stanley had a horrible '86 post season. And it hit rock bottom when he threw wild pitches to Gary Carter and someone else (can't remember them off of the top of my head) That created Mookie Wilson's infamous hit. They also could of closed the game out like 12 times! But nope, it's ALL Buckner's fault!

The media can suck it!

what the hell is ccslc?

Hey, brassbonanza97, I put there a joke! Of course I didn't mind Bartman as the responsible of the Cubs' disaster.

I agree 100% with you. The Cubs had had chances to finish well that 6th Game and, HAD THE CHANCE of play and WIN the 7th game!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Hey, brassbonanza97, I put there a joke! Of course I didn't mind Bartman as the responsible of the Cubs' disaster.

I agree 100% with you. The Cubs had had chances to finish well that 6th Game and, HAD THE CHANCE of play and WIN the 7th game!

Ok, fair game.

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived