Boring...

mjrbaseball

After watching baseball LCS games tonight (mostly NYY/Bos but occasionally switching to StL/Hou) ... When they were over, I turned on Monday Night Football to see what was left ... It seemed incredibly boring! After the excitement of two great baseball games, it was like just another dull football game. I couldn't even get interested in it. Why do people watch football instead of baseball anyway? They don't know where the excitement is.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I think these were games that followed the exception. These games had something special about them, close games, one was a shutout going into the 9th, even. The football game was a 3-2 team playing against a 1-4 team. Neither are expected to compete for the Super Bowl, meanwhile the LCS' decide who plays for the championship. Don't forget, you're comparing playoff baseball to week 6 football. Even then, football holds it own against baseball in terms of how exciting the games can be.

IUe6Hvh.png

why i watch football over baseball.

simple, baseball is a boring ass sport for elementary students.

as for football, i haven't even been watching it, i really don't know whats going on in the nfl. i know the texans played the titans but i think the titans ran over them again, i maybe wrong im just presuming since i have no clue what the box score was.

since the invisibility of hockey, ive been bored with the other sports, heck im even started to get an interest in cars, in particular those featured in the gran turismo sony ps game.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

why i watch football over baseball.

simple, baseball is a boring ass sport for elementary students.

Well, you can only read on a second grade level, so baseball seems like it would be perfect for you.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'm one of the biggest baseball fans around, and, not surprisingly, I felt the same way mjr did. After watching the two LCS games tonight, and then switching to MNF, that was an incredible letdown. Although, for the most part, I'd rather watch a week 6 NFL game with two mediocre teams than a July game between the Royals and Tigers. There's just more immediacy in regular season football I guess.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Football? Football?!?!?!

There are two big baseball battles out there, who cares football!

Those of us in St. Louis who wanted to go to bed not feeling 100% awful, that's who.

Ha! I attend the end of Game 5 between NY and Boston... until 1h00 am!!!

I'm living in South America.

Today I awoke at 8h00 am.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

What are you talking about? Football isn't a sissyfied version of rugby. Sure they were more padding, but there's a reason -- they need the padding, more. Having only watched rugby a few times time on FSN, I can't say I'm fully educated but the hits I see in football games are a lot worse.

I guess the sissy NFL RB's must not have a good reason why the average career length of an NFL RB is 2.5 years.

IUe6Hvh.png

So you'd rather watch sissyfied versions of Rugby?

Wait a minute. Football is a lot more violent game than rugby. And yes, i do watch rugby avidly, and i love the sport, but American Football is not a sissyfied version of rugby my friend...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I used to follow baseball. But with the lack of true competition between the teams, it's kinda boring. This is the fault of the salary system. With the luxury tax, the highest bidder always get first crack while the have nots get the scraps. With a salary cap and salary floor, baseball would bring about a more competitive situation. And nothing will change my mind short of the haves (Yankees) failing to make the post-season.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived