Pro Bowl

EagleFan344

maybe, maybe not...the only person I'd figure would know for sure would be Pantone. that said, a brief history of the pro bowl jersey:

late 70s: players were allowed to wear their individual teams' helmets, teh NFL's answer to baseball's longstanding tradition of each player wearing his everyday uniform for the All-Star game. also, the NFC dons blue jerseys w/white #s and white pants, while the AFC wears white w/red #s and red pants. Pro Bowl logo is featured on both shoulders, and both pants have the conference logo on the top of the pants and then a star-studded stripe. NFC jersey reads NATIONAL, AFC jersey reads AMERICAN, Oklahoma style

mid 90s: changed to a WLAF-style jersey. numbers moved to shoulders. NFC's is blue/white with white pants, AFC is red/white with red pants. front number is smaller than normal NFL jersey and off-center due to jersey's design, Pro Bowl logo is on the front for first time

late 90s: a more traditional style: pants for both teams are now white with a thick stripe on each leg (you know the drill). numbers are a rounded font with black shadow(can't recall what), NFC wears white w/blue #s, AFC wears red w/white #s. player's team logo appears on jersey for first time: team logo is on right sleeve, AFC/NFC logo on left sleeve, Pro Bowl patch under left shoulder.

early 2000s: duplicate #s are now allowed for Pro Bowl (e.g. Champ Bailey and Ty Law can both wear their usual 24). Jersey and pants now have gradient qualities: jersey for AFC is white fading into red; NFC has blue fading to white. NFC wears whtie pants, AFC red...i think the pant stripe was also gradient. jersey reads "All Star" on the front over number, and team logo is now placed on both shoulders with numbers moved back to sleeves. team wordmark patch is under right shoulder, pro bowl patch under left shoulder.

current: NFC in all blue, AFC in all white. in an odd twist, the AFC is now wearing blue numerals. most notable feature of this uniform is the pant striping, which is Bronco-like in quality and appearance, and features a conference logo outline. you can barely see the NFC's, but heh. team wordmark patch replaced with conference logo, contrast piping added to both jerseys.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

not sure but i'd check Eastbay around late December-January. Either them or NFL Shop...which gets me to thinking...you'll see commercials for baseball All-Star BP jerseys around that time. you'll see NBA All-Star jerseys in Eastbay and on commercials, and at Finish Line. you'll even see NHL ASG jerseys on commercials. Hmm, who's missing? Oh, them NFL fellas. Finding Pro Bowl jerseys for sale is sort of like watching the World Cup of Hockey: you stumble upon it more than anything, if you find it at all.

2016cubscreamsig.png

I believe that the home team should wear color jerseys with white pants and the road team should wear white jerseys with colored pants. The home team should reflect the site of the Super Bowl (this year, the AFC due to Jacksonville). Either that or have every team wear their everyday uniforms.

I believe that the home team should wear color jerseys with white pants and the road team should wear white jerseys with colored pants. The home team should reflect the site of the Super Bowl (this year, the AFC due to Jacksonville). Either that or have every team wear their everyday uniforms.

That's an excellent common sense idea.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

the gradient ones were 3-4 years ago...those sucked. the current ones i don't mind, and i never even caught those stars-even better!

anybody watch last year's game? a good comeback special there B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

I wish the NFL would add something to make the uniforms pop. That shade of blue with the red year in and year out is kinda boring.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived