I F L and N I F L merge...

Brian in Boston

The Intense Football League's member franchises - the Corpus Christi Hammerheads, Lubbock Lone Stars, Odessa Roughnecks and San Angelo Stampede - are merging into the National Indoor Football League. Additionally, the NIFL picks up the operating rights to the troubled El Paso Rumble IFL franchise. An announcement is expected to be made sometime this afternoon.

The Amarillo Dusters, inaugural champions of the IFL, announced last week that they were leaving the league for af2.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are rumors that the Peoria Pirates and Tennessee Valley Vipers are leaving the af2 and joining either a new league, or something called the AIFL. I wonder if they would join this version of NIFL?

It's where I sit.

The AIFL is the Atlantic Indoor Football League. Huntsville and Peoria isnt exactly Atlantic. Also on the league website, it lists the Carolina Sharks and Johnstown Riverhawks as the only two teams so far.

Johnstown I think is the former Greenville franchise in the NIFL. Midseason Greenville relocated to Lancaster, PA but kept the name Greenville Riverhawks.

Signature intentionally left blank

The Cape Fear Wildcats(Fayetteville,NC) were bought by Mike Storen and moved to Albany, Georgia. It was announced today that a lease has been signed for the former Carolina Rays of Florence, SC to play in Fayetteville's Crown Coliseum for the 2005 NIFL season. The team hasn't been named yet.

The Cape Fear Wildcats(Fayetteville,NC) were bought by Mike Storen and moved to Albany, Georgia. It was announced today that a lease has been signed for the former Carolina Rays of Florence, SC to play in Fayetteville's Crown Coliseum for the 2005 NIFL season. The team hasn't been named yet.

I was under the impression they were staying the Carolina Rays....since they have one of the better logos in that ham 'n egger league, and all.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I was under the impression they were staying the Carolina Rays....since they have one of the better logos in that ham 'n egger league, and all.

The early indications are that the NIFL's Fayetteville-based franchise will be named the Carolina Rays and retain their logo with a slightly reworked wordmark.

As for the AIFL's Carolina Sharks, aside from Ben Coates being named their General Manager and Head Coach, I don't know much about them.

Actually, the Carolina Sharks had approached both the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Winston-Salem and the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro about lease opportunities. Neither arena appears to have been interested in doing business with the franchise, as the team is now headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. The Sharks are in the process of finalizing a lease with the Cricket Arena in Charlotte.

Once again, we ask the Arena Football peeps to buy this entire league...PLEASE!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

We do? Wow, I missed that vote...

Or were you using the royal "we," perhaps?

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

The Relocated Carolina Rays announed their new name and revealed their new

logo- Fayetteville Heat.

Wow! So, the Carolina Rays went from having the best logo in the NIFL ( I know... not exactly a tremendous feat. Still, it was a "sweet" logo by any league's standards.) to one of the least-inspiring in all of minor professional sports. Nice move, guys.

:puke:

We do? Wow, I missed that vote...

Or were you using the royal "we," perhaps?

DOWN WITH THE NIFL, PLEASE!!!! :cursing::cursing:

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Wow, buzzcut and lilg agreeing with me. I guess miracles do happen!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Wow, buzzcut and lilg agreeing with me. I guess miracles do happen!

Oh, Thanks.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Archived