NFL Baseball...

vicfurth

Hey. I am proud to announce my project NFL baseball crossovers. This post will serve as the collecting place for the whole set while I unveil new ones with a new post. I already have the project complete, but I'll only unveil one or two per day to keep interest going. My first one (with explanation in the next post)...

Arizona Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens

Buffalo Bills

Carolina Panthers

Chicago Bears

Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Browns

Dallas Cowboys

Denver Broncos

Detroit Lions

Green Bay Packers

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Kansas City Chiefs

Miami Dolphins

Minnesota Vikings

New England Patriots

New Orleans Saints

New York Giants

New York Jets

Oakland Raiders

Philadelphia Eagles

Pittsburgh Steelers

San Diego Chargers

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay. Atlanta Falcons...

Not exactly sure where I went or what I was doing. You can see the sleeveless-with-piping look that some teams try (Rangers and Devil Rays come to mind). Went with the red alternate here. I kinda like this one.

Note: You will see here & in many other concepts that NFL team didn't help me much in the script logo department. Oh, well.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I guess I can unveil the 2nd one. It's Tuesday for some o' you guys...

Arizona Cardinals

I used Devil Rays piping here. Went more simple/Cards-like with the alternate.

I like this one alot. In non-script though, the word across the chest looks a little odd. Perhaps just go straight across with it?

I really only have 1 little complaint and 1 suggestion with the Cards. I think that the wordmark needs to be straight, because it's really too plain to be used on a slant like that, if that makes sense. Also, I think it would be cool if you could work the Arizona wordmark with the Cardinal head replacing the "O" in it on the roads.

Other than that, great work. (Love the Falcons)

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

...because it's really too plain to be used on a slant like that, if that makes sense.

You kinda answered your own question, RC. It was too plain to have just straight, IMO, so I slanted it.

Again, just to reiterate, the NFL doesn't really help out with the script logos. I had to get creative with some of these.

I'd also like to say now that if any of these are similar/the same as the ones ICS did, that is purely coincedental. I don't remember what any of his looked like. That is all.

The only comment I have thus far is that you should try using a letter for the hats, and then use the helmet logo for a sleeve patch.

A lot of these wouldn't look much like the team if I used just a letter on the hat. I had tried that with a lot of these concepts (of course, only two are unveiled so far), but it didn't look right to me. I used a sleeve patch with a lot of 'em. I even have the Arizona flag on these.

I think this project isn't going to bring a lot of comments...NFL identities aren't really based on their wordmarks, just the emblems. A few teams have pretty good wordmarks than canstand on their own, like the Eagles, Patriots & Chargers, for example. The teams are more recognized by the logo, and many of the wordmarks are afterthoughts.

Look at the Cardinals, for example. Very basic lettering. You tried to work with it, but it looks awkward and forced slanted up like that, especially since it's all caps.

I think that the way you have set up this project, you are hindering yourself by trying to work with wordmarks that don't seem to lend themselves to baseball jerseys, save the few I mentioned, maybe a couple others.

What you've done so far isn't bad, but more "meh" than anything else. Again, you're limited by some very plain wordmarks. If you were to do alternate uniforms, maybe with the team logo on them (set up like the Indians old Cheif Wahoo alts), then it might bet more interesting.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I agree with the comments (rockchalk) about the Cardinals wordmark. Needs to be straight.

As for the Ravens ................. very nice! It is a nice clean concept. The patch on the left sleeve adds the right touch.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Nicely done on the Ravens. I like this project, but I'm afraid JP is right in some respects, because the football wordmarks usually seem to be kind of an afterthought when a new identity is released. I can't wait to see what you do on some of the others. :grin:

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Nice juxtaposition, it's more than just slapping one set of logos somewhere else...

But I'd like to see a bit more variation on the wordmarks--such as slanted or curved, etc...

(Bengals would be perfect for curved...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived