More Mavs news...

vicfurth

Kinda reminds me of Nick Bakay's "Tale of the Tape" on NBA shorts:

"Long shorts, one inch above the knees.

"Short shorts, one inch above the grapes.

"Advantage, long shorts."

Now that we got that out of the way...discuss.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Though the new Mavs alt (P-Diddy designed?) is better than the infamous "Hefty bag" alts, why can't Dallas just use the throwback as a basis for a new alternate jersey? I believe there was a fashion jersey last season using the new colors, but with the 80s-era design. That looked remarkably better than some of the other alt jerseys (Warriors, Hornets) introduced this season. I should have bought one.

i can't wait for these either.

i love that the mavs are playing up the green again. the mavs will always be green and blue at heart... regardless of which billionaire decides to change that.

I heard the Mavericks wore blue away uniforms in their inaugural season of 1980-81, but I cannot find a pic anywhere.  Does anyone have a pic of those uniforms, if they even exist?

only blue (besides their current unis) that i know of were these:

h05nbaroundup.jpg

And the blue ones were pretty tight, they showed up really well under the bright NBA court lights.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

The Mavericks DEFINITELY wore Blue roads in 1980-1981. They didn't go Green until their second season. I was a freshman at North Texas that year, and watched them as much as I could. I used to have a really nice large color pic of the roads, but I'm not sure I still have it.

They displayed "Dallas" in the funky '80s script. White, trimmed in Green, then White again. Same with the numbers.

I'll look for more pics.

I kinda remember that in '80/'81, they had those NCAA gothic numbers. That picture was from a couple years ago, when they had full block numbers on the unis.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived