Cincinnati Showboats

Mings

Hey guys here is a concept for the Cincinnati Showboats. Im going logo only with this right now. It is also very rough. I was wondering if you guys could C&C it for me so I can make it a ton better. Im a lil lost on the direction of it right now.

cincinnati_primary_logo.png

Thanks in advance guys.

The boat needs more definition. You have the smokestacks, but maybe you could alter the shading so there's definitely a front and a side to the boat. I'd like the see more of the paddlewheel...that and the smokestacks are the biggest icons of the boat. And do something with the smoke plumes if you're keeping them in...the stacks kind of look like pillars holding up a ceiling.

I like the wordmark. Nice slightly modern version of the "riverboat gambler" lettering.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Since the definition issue has been mentioned, allow me to make a little comment about the wordmark. Make sure there's as much space on the outside of "Cincinatti" as there is between each individual letter. Looks a little cramped against the S's of "Showboats".

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Agreed! Way to go on tying in a riverboat theme to Cincinnati!

I was gonna base the boat off of the Majestic, but decided to base it off of the General Jackson (i got some good pics during Tall Stacks last year, its easy goin all 4 days when ya lived 15 min from downtown.)

I think the font reminds me more of a Pirate type then a riverboat. Maybe something more western? Like the Lions wordmark font (with little pointy things in the middle of each letter kind of like the Red Sox?)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Agreed! Way to go on tying in a riverboat theme to Cincinnati!

I was gonna base the boat off of the Majestic, but decided to base it off of the General Jackson (i got some good pics during Tall Stacks last year, its easy goin all 4 days when ya lived 15 min from downtown.)

15 minutes? How about <1 minute...I live in Mt Adams. :)

I wouldn't have known that was a boat unless you told me.

then you didnt look at it long enough. Thats the kind of C&C that makes people not want to post stuff. If you are going to comment make it CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! Everyone else was giving good comments, and then you had to be an :censored:. You ever post something, Id be sure to do the same. I love it when no talent hacks say crap like this.

LMAO. Get angrier. I wouldn't have known it was a boat unless you told me. It looks more like some sort of building or skyline... your eyes are drawn immediately to the two red smokestacks (?) sticking up and the vertical blue/green lines. They stand out from the rest of the boat too much, and the darker blue just gets lost. Maybe if you play with the colors and make the horizontal lines brighter, it will be easier to tell that it's a boat. The font is cool though.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Archived