Project Fighting Saints

spyboy1

Ok, many thanks to Roger Clemente's make your own jersey project, I give you Project Fighting Saints!

Here's the concept: What if the Minnesota Fighting Saints of the old WHA still existed? What might their uniforms now look like? Perhaps they would resemble or incorporate some of the features and patterns now currently in use.

What I have done is taken each current NHL jersey and, using it as a template, converted it into the Fighting Saints colors of blue, yellow and white. In some cases a current jersey is a four color affair and I have allowed silver or black into the color scheme as a possible modernization.

First up, the logos. Below are the main crest logo and the secondary logo. I did not replace the current teams secondaries with the Fighting Saints "S", but any place you see a current secondary, it would be replaced by the "S".

minsa731.jpg

I'll post the first five now and give you a chance to digest them. I will post the remander over the course of the next few days in this same thread to keep the board all neat and tidy so you can ignore my foolishness that much easier if you so choose.

Now, onto the concepts...

avalanche.jpg

Avalanche

blackhawks.jpg

Blackhawks

bluejackets.jpg

Bluejackets

blues.jpg

Blues

bruins.5858727.jpg

Bruins

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

So far the Blue Jackets works the best in terms of how the stripes match up with the logos and the colours (and might I suggest saving as png files-less colour distortion)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

To me it works best with the Canucks Template, without the Alternate. The Coyotes one looks like a Maple Leafs Jersey that someone slaped the Saints Logo on it.

Agreed--and bettr than the Blue jackets which was the best to that point...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

canucks.jpg

Canucks

alternate- best. jersey. ever

whats the point of this project anyway- they all look roughly the same

I agree, the ALT Canucks looks awsone, somewhat "Ascencion"

Now it's a new logo you need... let's make him more fighting, more angry...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

whats the point of this project anyway- they all look roughly the same

The point of the project is "What if the Minnesota Fighting Saints of the old WHA still existed? What might their uniforms now look like? Perhaps they would resemble or incorporate some of the features and patterns now currently in use."

The point of the project is NOT to make a new logo when the Fighting Saints logo is the best sports team logo of all time. Period. :cursing:

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The point of the project is "What if the Minnesota Fighting Saints of the old WHA still existed? What might their uniforms now look like? Perhaps they would resemble or incorporate some of the features and patterns now currently in use."

The point of the project is NOT to make a new logo when the Fighting Saints logo is the best sports team logo of all time. Period. :cursing:

I do get what you were trying to do, but was still making a suggestion.

Wow! I didn't realize you were trigger happy on the "cursing" emoticon.

I do believe that like many other teams, their logo may have evolved over time, even so slightly (Oilers, Leafs...)

And by stating thet their Logo is THE BEST, you are opening yourself up for criticism.

I wouls also suggest (if I may) that you only post the ones you like the best, I think people stop reading very long threads after a while...

my two cents...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

CHANGE.

THE.

FREAKING.

SHOULDER PATCHES!!!

You seem to have neglected that.

On every jersey (I especially noticed the Nords one), the regular shoulder patch remains!

I did not replace the current teams secondaries with the Fighting Saints "S", but any place you see a current secondary, it would be replaced by the "S".

VmWIn6B.png

Ok, here's the last batch to finish off the mess I have started here.

sabres.jpg

Sabres

senators.jpg

Senators

sharks.jpg

Sharks

stars.jpg

Stars

thrashers.jpg

Thrashers

wild.jpg

Wild

HansonsSig.jpg

Conclusion; I think my favorites were the Rangers white jersey, the Canadiens dark and the LA Kings Alt.

Taking only one team as a whole, I thought the Wild was the best.

Any that stood out to you guys?

HansonsSig.jpg

Archived