Pink Uniforms

trogdor

Add one Peruvian team called Sport Boys (very known in South America as the "Pink Ones").

camiseta.gif

This teams uniforms are pink because they are sponsored by a gentlemans club. The cheerleaders from the team actually work at the chain of clubs in Peru, the name escapes me for them though

Are you sure? I thought it was because Sport Boys were originally sponsored by a newspaper which was printed on pink newsprint -- the same reason why the Tour of Italy leader's jersey is pink. La Gazzetta Della Sport, Italy's answer to The National Sports Daily, has sponsored the race for years. Same thing with the Tour De France yellow jersey; a French newspaper sponsored the race, and it was printed on yellow newsprint (hence, the term "yellow journalism" in the 1880s and 1890s).

If you haven't seen a paper printed on anything other than white newsprint, find a Financial Times or a New York Observer; I think they still print on salmon.

braden wanna whip out your hitmen jerseys here? I mean come on you cant forget about Bret "The Hitman" Hart. He was the plop, he made pink a mans color.

Actually, it was Elvis Presley who did that. He went to many black-owned clothing stores in Memphis to find his stage clothing in the 1950s because he wanted a unique look. He started the "pink-and-black" look.

Pink Caddilac mofos!

Anyway, Casey Mears drove a special Breast Cancer awarness car. Target still has the pink bullseye shirts..his car had pink decals :blink:

Couldn't some team do that for a special week? *hint hint nudge nudge wink wink*

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

braden wanna whip out your hitmen jerseys here? I mean come on you cant forget about Bret "The Hitman" Hart. He was the plop, he made pink a mans color.

Actually, it was Elvis Presley who did that. He went to many black-owned clothing stores in Memphis to find his stage clothing in the 1950s because he wanted a unique look. He started the "pink-and-black" look.

Yeah but Bret Hart was the plop man, he could slap a sharpshooter on your ass in 10 seconds flat.

For a while in the early-mid 90's soccer referees wore two jerseys to choose: one black, one fuschia (pink). I think the fuschia has been replaced with yellow.

Actually, in the 1994 World Cup, referees were allowed to wear fuchsia, yellow, blue, or silver jerseys with their black shorts and socks. But the silver jersey, first worn in the U.S.-Colombia match, was retired after about 20 minutes because the players thought he blended in with the Americans' denim jerseys.

Today's FIFA jerseys are pretty much limited to black, red, yellow, and blue.

(Thread creep follows)

Ever notice the Italian referees this year? They are all in bright yellow -- even the shorts and socks.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived