The New Virtuoso Design Studios

AAO

It looks good but I think eventually you'll have to pick on and stick with it.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

AAO...go with just STUDIOS as design studios may limit what people think you can do. I learned this through my freelance. Most people only thought I did design...and you would be amazed at how many people do not know what design actually is. A designer is much more than working on a computer. You will have do some photography down the road, along with taking care of printing. If you allow your company or identity to reflect more than design I think it will help you in the long run. Besides I think it sounds better and rolls off the tongue a little easier.

Also I am not crazy about the gradient in the color version. Go with a solid maroon and if you dont' think it pops enough use a black stroke or give it a slight drop shadow (as a solid in Illustrator so it is still all vector).

I like this layout of this one the best and really think you should stick with this one. Once you decide have some business cards printed (you can get a good bit done pretty cheap...about $35 for a large run) so that you can have them handy if anyone is interested in you doing work for them. You can have them done at a print shop on card stock without having to go through a company that puts them on a press. It is much cheaper this way and the quality of printers these days makes it much more cost effective. PM if you have questions about having them done.

1. The Virtuoso logo is about a million times better than the other ones you've come up with. I suggest sticking with this one for good... it's a keeper. :)

2. The 'V' in the Longnecks tertiary looks a bit like a 'U'. The giraffe design is definitely awesome though.

AAO I love your old logo better. To me that's what made me think of your work. I thought it was a soild one. I am not a fan of this new one it looks to 60'ish TV style and I think you wont like it for long. Don't mess with the good thing.

I suffer from a very sexy learning disability..... sexlexia.

I like the outer "guitar pick" shape alot, but to me, the "V" doesn't work well within it. The spacial relationships seem weird and inconsistant to me.

It looks just fine!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I liked the old one (light green) better. I thought it was instantly recognizable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree with PhilaLogos that your last v in the circle was the best. It was simple and was nice and bold. This one to me seems like it is a weird shape and I am not sure why it is that shape, like maybe you just were messing around with the free transform tool or something. I was a big fan of your last one. No harm in exploring different ideas though :)

Archived