ESPN Dream Job

Blackjack76

When ESPN started touting the new "Dream Job," with the job being the next NBA analyst, the contenders started with Dana Barros, then Gerald Wilkins, J.R. Reid, etc. etc. etc.

For the past week, Barros has been missing. The spots start with Wilkins.

Anyone happen to know what happened to Barros? Did he take a job somewhere? Did he cut himself from the program? Did he pull a Marv Albert?

I don't know why I care, but I'm bothered by this.

Cards.png

I *thought* something seemed odd about the spots,and that's exactly right,they have been starting with Wilkens now.It's kind-of like when you can tell something is not right but you just cant put your finger on it.Speaking of 'Dream Job',whatever happened to the guy(Mike??)who won the first one last year?The only time I have seen him AT ALL is that one week he spent on Sportcenter back in the middle of the summer.....and I think he sucked at that.They totally blew it with Zach Selwin.

98Falcons.png

And Mr. Hall is a Mizzou grad, which, as a Mizzou grad, makes me say that he's not all that bad. Once he stopped trying to be Dan Patrick Jr., he's been OK.

It still drives me mad that he's making $95K as a 22-year-old grad.

Now the guy who won DJ2, I've NEVER seen him. You have to think the anchors/reporters who tough it out in 100+ television markets just hate him. Like he's a scab still playing in the majors.

Cards.png

http://www.mlive.com/sports/grpress/index....41522158420.xml

THUMBS DOWN: Egads! ESPN continues to shovel "Dream Job" at us and the third installment of the series stoops to incredible depths. Former NBA pros compete for a one-year studio analyst contract. Already, Dana Barros dropped out at the 11th hour. The remaining schleps hoping to keep from finding real jobs are Dee Brown, Matt Bullard, Darryl Dawkins, J.R. Reid, Gerald Wilkins and Nick Anderson. It premiers Sunday at 7 p.m. and then moves into a regular time slot Sundays at 10 p.m. for a five-week run through March 27. I'd rather see ESPN develop a "Survivor: SportsCenter" series in which the ESPN anchors in Bristol, Conn., band together and vote Stuart Scott and Kenny Mayne off the island.

I liked the last dream job, mostly because of Anish and Jason Horowitz (graduate/future graduate of the best communications school in the nation).

Dream Job is messed up. I tried out but in the first round they chose this kid instead of me who thought sports should be more entertainment based i.e. mix MTV with ESPN. He thought they should have Britney Spears do cameo appearnces broadcasting, etc. We got in a huge argument, and since they saw he started fights he was more entertaining for their show. So thast the kid that came out of Miami, but obviously he didn't make the final cut. I did sports in Gainesville for 3 years. Nowadays it's impossible for a white male to get on air, so I'm having a tough time with it now. The fact that Dream Job is now just saying pick ur fav. ex-athlete is pissing me off even more. It says regular joes cant be on TV anymore.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

From my school :D

Right-O!

Yo, Kenny Mayne ain't that bad.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived